Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It is true, the sound through my BT headset (ericsson hbh-iv835) is better than both the earpiece and the speaker. I am going to call Palm next week to find out what gives.
    2nd 680, both from Palm and unbranded:

the call quality is tremendous.

the call VOLUME is freakin' HORRIBLE!

yes, i can hear but hardly close to the volume on some of my previous Treos and nothing near my old Moto-Q or current Pearl.

battery issues can be contended with (i think). this problem either requires a ROM update or 3rd party software which i will resist. should work much better out of the box.

bad palm
    Last edited by oalvarez; 12/21/2006 at 05:48 PM.
    I am just taking a SWAG, here, and perhaps those that know alot more about this than I can answer. I noticed something under Preferences>Sound & Alerts> from the drop down "Application", choose "System":

This is very different than the 650. Here you will notice (at least in mine) that the system volume default is "2". Would chaging this have any effect on the earpiece volume? I have not had any volume issues, but I use a BT Headset 98% of the time when I am using the phone, so I have not really been able to give the earpiece a workout in the 24 days that I have had this 680 (My 2nd unit). I did notice when I got my 1st one and made a call with it on my way home that the earpiece volume was kind of low, but it does not effect me that much. So, you experts? Does the system volume effect this at all? I suppose the best way to see is to test it out and try it!!!
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    checking/increasing the system volume was a good idea but unfortunately didn't remedy the problem

too bad that the earpiece is not louder.
    The system volume is just the volume of the beeps and sounds the Treo makes (like when clicking). This has no effect on phone volume.

Quote Originally Posted by MattM2G View Post
    I am just taking a SWAG, here, and perhaps those that know alot more about this than I can answer. I noticed something under Preferences>Sound & Alerts> from the drop down "Application", choose "System":

This is very different than the 650. Here you will notice (at least in mine) that the system volume default is "2". Would chaging this have any effect on the earpiece volume? I have not had any volume issues, but I use a BT Headset 98% of the time when I am using the phone, so I have not really been able to give the earpiece a workout in the 24 days that I have had this 680 (My 2nd unit). I did notice when I got my 1st one and made a call with it on my way home that the earpiece volume was kind of low, but it does not effect me that much. So, you experts? Does the system volume effect this at all? I suppose the best way to see is to test it out and try it!!!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12