Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Well, just out of kicks, like everyone else here, I called Palm. Once I got to the third menu, they have a new automated feature for Order Smartphones that have not shiped yet. It asks you to speak your order number and zipcode. Well, it did not work for me because my billing zip is 9 digits and not 5, and 5 digits will not work on the web. So, I got errored out to a rep.

The nice gentleman told me the pre-orders start shipping tomorrow, which is the 1st week of the 1-2 week timeframe listed on the site. Once all pre-orders are shipped then units ship out when the orders are placed and available with no wait.

On top of that, the place where I am having the Treo 680 delivered (a store I work at on the weekends) called me today and told me I had a package come in. Well, since I am only expecting one thing I thought it was the Treo, NOT!! It is an envelope with a Mack Warranty for a EOS-1D camera I bought. Man I was so excited, doop!!!!
    this seems to coincide with all of the hearsay that we are hearing, including my own phone call to palm, but i am still skeptical that they are shipping early. i have a feeling that we are all going to recieve them on friday the first so that palm can have some consistency, which would be nice because then i would have the weekend to play with it before school on monday. I definitely dont want to be getting ready for class with the treo just sitting there
    I really, really hope you are right. I'm going crazy waiting for this phone.

I had a dream last night that I got my Treo 680. Then I woke up, and I was sad. I am pathetic.

I can't believe how little patience I have when it comes to getting my new gadgets. What is wrong with me? It's like I have some type of pyschological issue where my mind cannot accept delayed gratification when it comes to gadgets.

AHHHH!!!!
  4. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vks3 View Post
    I had a dream last night that I got my Treo 680. Then I woke up, and I was sad. I am pathetic.
    That makes 2 of us then, haha.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    What makes it worse, is that they appear to have them in stock. At least from what I have heard reps say, and other reports on this forum, they are ready to ship. This is what is driving me crazy.

Oh well, at least the phone the Treo is replacing is not broken.
    Add me to the list of non-patient delivery truck stalkers.

I posted somewhere else what they told me today, but it's really similar to what daytontp got. All the preorders are going out at generally the same time, regardless of what day they were made.
    I'm a chick who enjoys the finer things in life
    Quote Originally Posted by elpom55 View Post
    ... i am still skeptical that they are shipping early. i have a feeling that we are all going to recieve them on friday the first ....
    Well, think about it: if they start shipping out tomorrow--Wednesday--they won't arrive until Thursday at the very earliest,or more likely Friday--THE FIRST!!! So you needn't be skeptical. But I'll still believe it when I see it. If mind doesn't arrive by Friday, I'll be away for a month anyway, and that will be that for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by daytontp View Post
    Well, just out of kicks, like everyone else here, I called Palm. Once I got to the third menu, they have a new automated feature for Order Smartphones that have not shiped yet. It asks you to speak your order number and zipcode. Well, it did not work for me because my billing zip is 9 digits and not 5, and 5 digits will not work on the web. So, I got errored out to a rep.

The nice gentleman told me the pre-orders start shipping tomorrow, which is the 1st week of the 1-2 week timeframe listed on the site. Once all pre-orders are shipped then units ship out when the orders are placed and available with no wait.

On top of that, the place where I am having the Treo 680 delivered (a store I work at on the weekends) called me today and told me I had a package come in. Well, since I am only expecting one thing I thought it was the Treo, NOT!! It is an envelope with a Mack Warranty for a EOS-1D camera I bought. Man I was so excited, doop!!!!
    Does anyone know what day you have to order by to be considered a "Pre-order"? Is it everything that was ordered before december 1st that is considered a "Pre-Order"?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    Well, think about it: if they start shipping out tomorrow--Wednesday--they won't arrive until Thursday at the very earliest,or more likely Friday--THE FIRST!!! So you needn't be skeptical. But I'll still believe it when I see it. If mind doesn't arrive by Friday, I'll be away for a month anyway, and that will be that for me.
    Well, I just made the call... and the guy in the phone can't promise me anything... he just said that he can assume that it will leave warehouse this Friday which is right a week after the thanksgiving. But since everybody waiting for their order, it will obviously take some time for everyone to get it.
    That's a good question LOL! I wish I could remember exactly how the guy worded it this morning, but he made it sound like once this first batch goes out there will be a bit of a wait until the next round of orders can be filled. I guess preorder would just be considered any orders taken until this batch of phones runs out? Dumb as that sounds...
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vks3 View Post
    I'm going crazy waiting for this phone.

I can't believe how little patience I have when it comes to getting my new gadgets. What is wrong with me? It's like I have some type of pyschological issue where my mind cannot accept delayed gratification when it comes to gadgets.

AHHHH!!!!
    i feel exactly the same way. i had a dream about the 680 last night too.

we should start a club. or get professional help. though i'm sure a club would be more fun. and cheaper.
    i went through this with the visor delux, the 600 and the 650.

it comes when it comes.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    I'm just going to have to pout I think

I'm leaving Friday for a week in Belgium (yeah, tough job, but someone's gotta do it), and my guess is that my l'il 680 will just sit here at my house for a week before I can even see it

Danita
    Quote Originally Posted by r6girl View Post
    i feel exactly the same way. i had a dream about the 680 last night too.

we should start a club. or get professional help. though i'm sure a club would be more fun. and cheaper.
    Hello, my name is Tony, and I'm a Treoholic patiently waiting for my next fix.
    We are all dead, we just don't know it yet.
  15. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I bet a bunch of Palm employees are in their warehouses, sitting on their stockpile of 680's, and just laughing their 's off reading this.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thxac3 View Post
    Hello, my name is Tony, and I'm a Treoholic patiently waiting for my next fix.

/sits in circle of steel folding chairs among a large group of people, with a "hello, my name is:" sticker on my shirt, and a cup of coffee in a styrofoam cup in my hand/

hi, my name is marianne, and i'm a gadget-aholic impatiently waiting for my treo! if it doesn't arrive soon, i am going to pop. seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by dorfmunder View Post
    That's a good question LOL! I wish I could remember exactly how the guy worded it this morning, but he made it sound like once this first batch goes out there will be a bit of a wait until the next round of orders can be filled. I guess preorder would just be considered any orders taken until this batch of phones runs out? Dumb as that sounds...
    I don't know what palm reps you guys are getting, but I'm still getting the 1-2 week shipping song and dance. heh.

So now I resort to forum stalking to get the most updated info.
    Marianne, don't bogart all that coffee. We're going to need it as soon as these phones come in & we stay up all night playing with them. We need to sleep now so the time passes quickly, to be woken by an angel in a brown uniform ringing the doorbell.

You all really aren't helping my excitement, what a bunch of enablers you are!
    Bogart the coffee? Rather poetic for a group of people who dream of cell phones. Almost scared me off until things turned literary.
    mdavis, the first step is admitting you have a problem. :-)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast