Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone else encountered several resets with the 680? I have had at least 3-4 today and picked mine up yesterday. Also, after a reset I need to reset the touchscreen in preferences because it gets out of place.

    I have added the following-
    Chatter
    AI Roboform
    Fonts for os5
    Megabowling
    Par 72 Golf
    Splashphoto
    Uninstall
    Cleanup
  2. #2  
    did the resets happen before or after adding (which) applications?

    can you do a ##377 (or something similar given your provider) from the phone app to see what caused the mose recent crash?
  3. #3  
    You need to do #*377 then hit the green button to get the error codes. I had one crash while hotsyncing.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  4. OnTheFly's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    #4  
    I have had it a week (yes, a week!!!) and I only had to reset once after porting my OS 4 aps to it. One of them ported and was supposedly "compatible" but locked up everytime. (I think it was Bible Reader from Olive Tree). I dowloaded the latest reader and that was the last of the crashes.

    I am currently using:
    smartlist to go
    bible reader by olive tree
    splash id
    a few games

    and i've been playing with orb (but it not fully supported)

    had good luck, myself!
  5.    #5  
    ##377 just send me to "your call cannot be dialed..." I am unaware of this option but would like to hear this.
  6. #6  
    You're dialing the wrong (unrecognized) command and it's treating it as a normal phone number--which doesn't work, of course, giving you that response. The control codes are carrier specific--yours might be #*377 or some variation.
  7.    #7  
    I am on Cingular.
  8. #8  
    Maybe try #*377 on cingular (as Bcalis suggested above)
  9. JRoD_E's Avatar
    Posts
    81 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by bokaplan View Post
    I am on Cingular.
    Dial #*377
    Let us know what the text says, and we will see what the problem is.
  10. #10  
    Chatter would be my guess. The other system extension apps you named I have and run on the 680 and haven't had an issue. Check with the Chatter folks to se if they have had reports of issues on the 680 and how it is working with the network library.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

    Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
  11.    #11  
    Chatter is the problem....to bad because that is the most important app on here.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by bokaplan View Post
    Chatter is the problem....to bad because that is the most important app on here.
    Can you replicate the reset? If so put Chatter into "log" mode and capture what happens, then send it to Marc at Chatter as a bug - he is very responsive.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by bokaplan View Post
    Chatter is the problem....to bad because that is the most important app on here.
    It is not clear why you say Chatter is the problem. I don't see how you figured this out when a very short while ago you didn't know what was causing it. But if you concluded that Chatter is the problem because Chatter came up when you dialed 377, beware: All 377 shows you is what app the phone when is when the reset occurred. It does not, repeat NOT, tell you what program actually caused the reset. It is very unlikely, in fact, that Chatter actually is the cause of the reset--the developer of Chatter has been using the 680 now for several months with it, without problems as far as I know.

    By the way, what version of chatter are you running (very impt)?
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by bokaplan View Post
    Chatter is the problem....to bad because that is the most important app on here.
    PAtience...They will fix it.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

    Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  15.    #15  
    Very true, I just punched in the numbers as suggested and that was the outcome.
  16. #16  
    I have Chatter - latest beta - no problems. Plus a ton of apps - very few resets - MUCH better than 700p!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by bokaplan View Post
    Very true, I just punched in the numbers as suggested and that was the outcome.
    So what version are (or were???) you running?
  18.    #18  
    The latest stable version of chatter. I have noticed resets after loading a new app and then turning on the Treo. I have yet to have one actually happen while using Chatter that I am aware of. I did find it strage that it throws my touchscreen out of whack everytime there is a reset.
  19. #19  
    please install the latest BETA of chatter - marc recommends that
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  20.    #20  
    Had another reset after canceling a hotsync, hit log, hten reset....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions