Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bokaplan View Post
    Has anyone else encountered several resets with the 680?
    I have been working mine over HARD for the past few days and so far have only been able to "crash" it twice - once by overclocking it (alot) with PXAClocker, and the other time by running obviously incompatible software (PalmVNC).

I could crash my 650 nearly at will...
    What version of PalmVNC were you running?
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

3.    #23  
    I am not familiar with PalmVNC...what is that and where do I find out?
    VNC is a remote contol app, PalmVNC is a PalmOS client.

http://palmvnc2.free.fr/
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

5.    #25  
    I don't have this on my Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    What version of PalmVNC were you running?
    I've tried both v2.0.5 build 214 and v2.0.6-dev build 228.

The earlier version "takes control" of all your buttons once launched and won't let you (easily) get back to the Palm launcher. The workaround is to hold in the side button which (by default) will launch the voice memo app, and from there you can go where you want.

The later version allows *some* buttons to work, but once you have a connection the voice button thing is the only way out again.

Both versions will "hard lock" the 680 if you use them enough, usually when rapidly moving around the screen. It is as if a buffer somewhere is overflowing... Both versions also seem to have a random problem connecting as well, and sometimes just won't connect at all until you reboot.

They were both tested the same way I test all my software - only a truly virgin device right after a hard reset, without even an SD card installed.
    Do you have 2.0.6-dev build 226? I have tried the newer versions but this one has worked best for me. Would you be willing to give it a try? I can send it if you don't have it.

Do you have 2.0.6-dev build 226? I have tried the newer versions but this one has worked best for me. Would you be willing to give it a try? I can send it if you don't have it.
    I'd be happy to. I'll PM my email address to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by bokaplan View Post
    The latest stable version of chatter. I have noticed resets after loading a new app and then turning on the Treo. I have yet to have one actually happen while using Chatter that I am aware of. I did find it strage that it throws my touchscreen out of whack everytime there is a reset.
    This is especially true if you are using the SSL plug-in. There was a serious memory leak addressed in the latest beta chain that I'm not sure has made it into the "stable" release. When it comes to Chatter, do yourself a favor and stick with the beta. :-)
  10.    #30  
    I thought it was safer to use the stable vs beta? What is the best approach to load this over the existing or delete the existing version and install clean?
    If you really have the latest version it is all seamless. Just go to the upload new version key on the top menu ("Sys" and then "Upgrade ChatterEmail") and choose beta when it offers you the choice.
    Last edited by mdavis; 11/29/2006 at 12:08 PM.
    Tried it today and I must say that it does seem to be the best flavor that I have tried so far, but unfortunately it is still not without issues...

With the 228 build only 2 of the 4 directional keys work on the 680 (don't remember which at the moment). With the earlier 226 build that you sent, all four of them work properly. Good.

With 226 & 228, when you select a color for the slider bars, the screen disappears right after you hit the "Ok" button. If you tap on the spot directly to the right of that, it will come back again. Bug seems harmless but annoying.

The lockup problem seems to be related to the network losing the connection, and PalmVNC not being able to "exit gracefully". I used it allot today at work where I have an excellent signal and was not able to cause a crash even once. Here at home where my coverage is terrible, I am able to crash the phone by scrolling around rapidly while walking through a "dead spot".

For me it is tolerable since I rarely use VNC anymore, and this just might motivate me to switch the last of our computers over to Terminal Server / Remote Desktop.
    Thanks! I only ever need it in a pinch, but that should get me what I need. I was starting to worry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12