1.    #1  
    I've had my 700 for a few months and have never had a problem til now. May have started when I did a hotsync with my old 600 on the same pc. I also seem to have double entries for Outlook conduits in my HotSync custom setup (one set of entries says "do nothing" but I can't see how to delete any of the conduits). Anyway, here are my HotSync log error message(s):

Outlook Calendar
    The attempt to open the database failed.
    Date Book application database is not found. Please invoke the Date Book application on the handheld once and re-synchronize
    OLERR:05-0001
    OLERR:0D-0004
    OLERR:0D-0001
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Calendar synchronization failed

Also, since searching these threads and following advice here, I have now added this error message:

Install - checking device capabilities
    OK Quick Install
    -- Outlook Calendar 3.1.5.6 (OEM)
    ERROR: 00004004 Error opening/creating Handheld database 1972: BaseConduit 582: BaseConduit
    Conduit 'Outlook Calendar' Error: Unknown error. (65535)

I've followed every bit of advice I could find on here and I can't make it go away. I do have Chapura PocketMirror, I downloaded dbScan and used it, I wiped out the db completely and reinstalled it from a backup, and a bunch of other things, most of them at least twice! Does anyone know a solution?? thanks!!!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    OLERR Error is a crazy beast. Palm has made some strides in fixing it.

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...CASE=obj(31167)

Try the following link.
  3.    #3  
    BenJoe, thanks for your help! I worked down most of the list of fixes on the page you recommended AND I installed PocketMirrorXT (I already had PocketMirror), so I don't know which resolved the OLERR errors. I was still left with the "00004004 Error opening/creating Handheld database" which i resolved with this fix on the Chapura site: "we have seen this problem reoccur if you have the option turned on to view the next calendar entry at the top of the "phone" screen." And I liked that option! :-( But now I have my calendar!!! :-D Thanks again for your help!
    Only took three months to resolve my problem.

Initial problem is that Outlook Calendar synchronization failed. Here is a copy of the log entries indicating failure:

OK Quick Install
    OK Media
    Outlook Calendar
    OLERR:05-0013
    OLERR:05-000F
    OLERR:0D-000E
    OLERR:05-001D
    OLERR:0D-0048
    OLERR:0D-0004
    OLERR:0D-0001
    - Recovery Sync
    Outlook Calendar synchronization failed

OLERR:15-0002
    OLERR:06-0001
    Outlook Contacts
    - Fast Sync
    OK Outlook Contacts

Turns out I had a corrupt database on my palm phone (Treo 700p). I loaded an applicaton that fixed my database called dBScan v2.0b. You can find this program at this link http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-748.html?dbScan or at http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/utilities.htm.

I would select my current database. It then reports the number of records found. The first several times I tried to "Start Scan" it caused my Treo to reset. But it was also reporting that I had 7 Deleted records found. So I chose the option to "Remove all deleted records" and after that it would run fine. It also found that several records that had "Repeat On field in some repeat events not Null" but it said that was OK and typically was caused by some "third-party" apps.

So the only thing that I did was to use dBScan to remove the 7 deleted records, and then tried the HotSync and now it works!