1. kdm
    Purchased a 2007 Toyota Camry XLE (without Navigation) last week. I have not been able to successfully pair my Treo 650 (Cingular). It looks like the phone recognizes the connection, but the Camry's Hands Free System never acknowledges the paired connection.

I'm running 1.17 CNG from Cingular. This appears to be the lastest/greatest firmware version, so I'm unsure if the issue is the phone or the car.

I have Discoverable set to Yes.

Unsure if the device name on the phone needs to be the same as the device name I'm saying when I try to add it on the car. I'm working out of state, but will check that when I return home.

I read another post on another forum where someone with the exact same scenario immediately made a call after the phone showed it paired with the car. Again, I'll try that as soon as I return home to see if that's the issue.

If anyone else has experienced the same and found the magic wand, I'd really like to hear about it.

Thanks in advance.
    No Treos are listed as comptaible with your Camry.

http://toyota.letstalk.com/product/f...1&model=Camry+

RicardoG
  3. kdm
    Ricardo,

I was aware the Treo 650 wasn't on Toyota's list of phones.

That said, there's no reason for me to believe I wouldn't be able to pair the two especially since my Treo thinks it completed it's end of the deal.

Thanks
    am i seeing things?? i see the cingular 650 in the list plain as day (toward the bottom, ctrl-f)

seems that your treo should work with your camry, must be nice to have a BT enabled CAR!!
  5. kdm
    I checked again and didn't see the Treo anywhere on Toyota's LetsTalk section - at least for Cingular. They have changed the site though since I now see options to limit by carrier, camera phone, smart/pda, etc....

In any case, I successfully paired my Treo 650 with the Camry last night.

As mentioned before, the Treo gave all indications it found and added the HANDS FREE car device, but the car kept "Searching.....searching.....". This time, I placed a call rather than letting the car time out on the search process.

I had to reset the phone in order to end the call, but when I turned it back on, the car recognized the paired connection. Albeit the process was a little odd, but it works!