Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1.    #1  
    I'm a student and part-time employee for my university in the USA. Do I qualify for the educator's discount? How on earth do they check anyway? The only problem is that I already placed the order. Anyone try to have the discount applied retroactively? Thanks for your help.

    Cheers!
    Last edited by maxintosh; 11/27/2006 at 10:58 PM.
  2. #2  
    they usually confirm by asking you to provide an email address that has .edu (the best way they can confirm) -- I don't know if you can apply after the fact though...

    i purchased mine through the site with the discount (I work for a university as well) and just used my .edu address for the order. i confirmed earlier today with customer service that my order is on its way -- no problems
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxintosh View Post
    I'm a student and part-time employee for my university in the USA. Do I qualify for the educator's discount? How on earth do they check anyway? The only problem is that I already placed the order. Anyone try to have the discount applied retroactively? Thanks for your help.

    Cheers!
    You usually have to cancel your first order and re-order with the discount. Be aware that you don't get the music package and the 1 gig SD card with the Edu discount but you save $50 bucks. Just an FYI.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisInDiego View Post
    You usually have to cancel your first order and re-order with the discount. Be aware that you don't get the music package and the 1 gig SD card with the Edu discount but you save $50 bucks. Just an FYI.
    Yeah that's alright, $50 is a little steep for a card you can practically get for free and a pair of what can only be horrible-sounding headphones anyway Reordered with discount.
  5. #5  
    I followed the educator's store and could not find any place to order treo 680 there. Is educator's discount good for treo 680? That means, $399-$50=$349? Thanks.
  6.    #6  
    Yeah, just go to the educator's store and click on Treo 680. The price difference may not be reflected until the confirm screen.
  7. #7  
    I followed the link http://partnerstore.palm.com/home/index.jsp but cannot find the treo 680 there. Can you post the link please? Or can I order by phone using educator's account? Thanks!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by shengwh View Post
    I followed the link http://partnerstore.palm.com/home/index.jsp but cannot find the treo 680 there. Can you post the link please? Or can I order by phone using educator's account? Thanks!
    I didn't follow that link, I went to http://web.palm.com/ and then clicked on the "palm store for educators" link. The link is on the bottom left.
  9. #9  
    Thanks, I got it through.
  10. #10  
    Anyone want to start a university with me? I need that .edu email address so I can get that discount. No classes, no tests, just discounts.

    tastypeppers@discount.edu
  11. AParamedic's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #11  
    Does anyone know if the education discount is stackable with the $125 trade-in offer and palm-pays-back discount coupons?

    Thanks!
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by AParamedic View Post
    Does anyone know if the education discount is stackable with the $125 trade-in offer and palm-pays-back discount coupons?

    Thanks!
    Probably not -- when you order with education discount, the yahoo music trial is removed from the shopping cart. Like most deals, you can probably only use one offer at a time
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    Anyone want to start a university with me? I need that .edu email address so I can get that discount. No classes, no tests, just discounts.

    tastypeppers@discount.edu
    I didn't use my .edu address (to avoid spam). Still got the discount. (Not that I condone using the discount inappropriately because that's unethical and cheap). Just FYI.
  14. mrjoec's Avatar
    Posts
    369 Posts
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by AParamedic View Post
    Does anyone know if the education discount is stackable with the $125 trade-in offer and palm-pays-back discount coupons?

    Thanks!
    I can't say for sure, but I believe the trade-in offer is still possible. At least, it doesn't seem to mention anything about the education discount in the complete terms and conditions document.

    http://palm.tradeups.com/PalmTerms.asp?Palm=1
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisInDiego View Post
    I didn't use my .edu address (to avoid spam). Still got the discount. (Not that I condone using the discount inappropriately because that's unethical and cheap). Just FYI.
    I did the same thing, because that is a work only email for me, I don't want spam when Im trying to get work emails. When I added the phone to my shopping cart, I still have the Music Pack listed as being shipped to me. So I'm not sure, I guess I"ll have to wait and see if I'll get the music pack.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by employedslacker View Post
    I did the same thing, because that is a work only email for me, I don't want spam when Im trying to get work emails. When I added the phone to my shopping cart, I still have the Music Pack listed as being shipped to me. So I'm not sure, I guess I"ll have to wait and see if I'll get the music pack.
    Did you get the discount? When I put the 680 in, it doesn't list the Music pack when I go through the education partner site
  17. #17  
    I had added the 680 to my shopping cart and it automatically added the music pack. Then before I checked out, I was looking though their store to see if i needed anything else, and I noticed that they offered the eucational discount, so I clicked on it, and it just subtracted $50. And the music pack was still listed on my invoice after checking out. And it says Order Recieved on both items. But that could change, cause I haven't gotten a Order Processed e-mail yet.
    m100 Zire 72 Treo 650 Treo 680
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by employedslacker View Post
    I had added the 680 to my shopping cart and it automatically added the music pack. Then before I checked out, I was looking though their store to see if i needed anything else, and I noticed that they offered the eucational discount, so I clicked on it, and it just subtracted $50. And the music pack was still listed on my invoice after checking out. And it says Order Recieved on both items. But that could change, cause I haven't gotten a Order Processed e-mail yet.
    I tired it that way and it worked but I have not pulled the trigger yet since there seems to be a delay in processing time. Let us know when it ships and if you got everything
  19. #19  
    OK, Pulled the trigger on an Arctic with Education discount and media pack. Still in "received" status. We'll see
  20. #20  
    I also work at a university but did not use my work email address. I though it was odd that they didn't make you verify somehow. I also had originally ordered before realizing there was the discount. They could not apply it after the fact so i cancelled the order and ordered again. I've thought about calling to see if I can get the Music bundle too but I'm really not that interested in it. Although its sorta like rewarding and penalizing you to be an educator at the same time.

Posting Permissions