1.    #1  
    Got my first Treo on Black Friday! 680 at Cingular.
    They told me I could return it within 30 days, less the $30(?) activation fee and just swap it for a 750 (if they have it in).

I'm holding off on sending in the rebate form (need to cut out proof of purchase from box to do so) until the 750 comes out in the US.

Is anyone else thinking of doing the same thing?
    I was considering something similar until I found out the screen size difference. That really is swaying me to stay put with the 680...well assuming I love it once it arrives LOL!

3G would be my only other reason to switch, but right now it's not very wide-spread in my area. By the time it is, there will be yet another new Treo to play with. My hubby just got a 3G LG tonight, although all he does is talk on a phone, what's up with that? He just needed something durable for work, and we are sick of returning Razr's more often than we buy toilet paper. ANYWAY, I digress. My point is that I played around with the internet on it with EDGE and it honestly seemed fast enough for my purposes, and I use the internet allllll the time on my 650 with GPRS.

But for me, the screen size was pretty much the deal-breaker...plus the fact that the 680 was the one that became available first.
    I'm a chick who enjoys the finer things in life
    The 750 and 680 have the same physical screen size. The 750 has fewer pixels but it's not as dramatic a difference as it sounds. Go look a 700w or 700wx at Verizon or Sprint to see what one looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by dorfmunder View Post
    I was considering something similar until I found out the screen size difference. That really is swaying me to stay put with the 680...well assuming I love it once it arrives LOL!

3G would be my only other reason to switch, but right now it's not very wide-spread in my area. By the time it is, there will be yet another new Treo to play with. My hubby just got a 3G LG tonight, although all he does is talk on a phone, what's up with that? He just needed something durable for work, and we are sick of returning Razr's more often than we buy toilet paper. ANYWAY, I digress. My point is that I played around with the internet on it with EDGE and it honestly seemed fast enough for my purposes, and I use the internet allllll the time on my 650 with GPRS.

But for me, the screen size was pretty much the deal-breaker...plus the fact that the 680 was the one that became available first.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    i had the 700w and although the screen was tolerable, when i switched to the VX6700 it was quite dramatic but all things said i will stay away from WM5 for the time being so they can work out all the kinks. Nothing's perfect but i want something that's going to not hang up as much
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    The 750 and 680 have the same physical screen size. The 750 has fewer pixels but it's not as dramatic a difference as it sounds. Go look a 700w or 700wx at Verizon or Sprint to see what one looks like.
    Bcasills -you do good reviews. thanks.

Is 750 camera better than 650? Does it support Chinese characters (try ettoday.com/pda)?

Will you buy 680 instead 750 today now knowing both?
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    The 750 camera is better but they both stink. Only the very top of the line camera phones from Nokia and Sony Ericsson are better than terrible, no cameraphone is good. The 750 has more pixels than the 680 but both are pathetic really.

Unfortunately I don't know about Chinese characters. At the address you listed I get lots of funny looking characters but they don't look Chinese to me.

The main advantages I see for the 680 are Palm OS (if you prefer that), a better phone app, and lower price. Otherwise the 750 is clearly a superior product. For me, I haven't decided yet. My main issue is that the 680 seems to work OK with the bluetooth in my car but the 750 doesn't. Otherwise I do prefer the 750 although I would much much rather prefer Palm OS. I'm also swayed by the fact that I'm a Mac user. Until recently the Palm OS had big advantages syncing, but the new Missing Sync for Windows Mobile 3.0 now actually syncs information better to the 750 than the Palm OS version of the product does.

Quote Originally Posted by Playcentric View Post
    Bcasills -you do good reviews. thanks.

Is 750 camera better than 650? Does it support Chinese characters (try ettoday.com/pda)?

Will you buy 680 instead 750 today now knowing both?
    Yep, camera is better on the 750.

I didn't mean to say screen SIZE, woops! And said it twice! Had a rowdy 3-YO on my lap at the time. You're right tho, bcaslis, I should go take a peek before jumping to conclusions on the screen res...
    I'm a chick who enjoys the finer things in life
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    You may not be able to return the 680 in the 30 days as the release of the 750 has been held up.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    The 750 has more pixels than the 680 but both are pathetic really.
    Typo??

How is the 680's 320x320 screen "pathetic"? I can only think of 2 phones in existance that actually have more pixels and that is the HTC Universal and the Nokia 9300 -- both somewhat large phones with the form factor of a mini computer.

And there is a significant difference between the 2 screens:

680's screen: 320 x 320 = 102,400 total pixels

750's screen: 240 x 240 = 57,600 total pixels

680 has 77% more pixels. While this may not make much of a difference in some programs due to font differences, I'm sure it will make a very large difference when browsing the web.
    I said the camera is pathetic not the screen. The screen is great, better than the 750 and slightly better than previous Palm OS Treos. No complaint there.

The 640x480 camera is pathetic. Period. Regular phones are coming with 2 megapixel cameras. Anyone who thinks this one is OK is losing it. The 750 has more pixels but the same lousy results. Pathetic also. But I don't why it for the camera myself. Anyone actually wanting to use the results though is going to be sorely disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric5273 View Post
    Typo??

How is the 680's 320x320 screen "pathetic"? I can only think of 2 phones in existance that actually have more pixels and that is the HTC Universal and the Nokia 9300 -- both somewhat large phones with the form factor of a mini computer.

And there is a significant difference between the 2 screens:

680's screen: 320 x 320 = 102,400 total pixels

750's screen: 240 x 240 = 57,600 total pixels

680 has 77% more pixels. While this may not make much of a difference in some programs due to font differences, I'm sure it will make a very large difference when browsing the web.