Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1.    #1  
    Just to let the canadians know that the T700p is now on the Canadian Palm website. Please help me out...Is it worth getting now? Us it worthwhile waiting for the T680? People I am dying to get a phone here! My only concern is the CDMA network vs. GSM. I hear that 700p may get left in the dark in terms of updates and such. Would you consider?

    Just a thought and to let the canucks know that there is a 700P now available.

    Thoughts or comments?

    Caally.
    http://www.palm.com/ca/products/smartphones/treo700p/
  2. zeze22's Avatar
    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    #2  
    The two phones are nearly identical except that the 700p has twice the memory and works, as you have pointed out, on the CDMA network, which provides far faster EVDO data speeds. For me, those are major advantages. The 680 will give you a newer form factor in the form of a tapered body and no antenna. For me, advantage 700.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by zeze22 View Post
    The two phones are nearly identical except that the 700p has twice the memory and works, as you have pointed out, on the CDMA network, which provides far faster EVDO data speeds. For me, those are major advantages. The 680 will give you a newer form factor in the form of a tapered body and no antenna. For me, advantage 700.

    zeze, what about all the firmware updates and bugs that people are speaking out about? I would rather wait for a phone with less hassles as oppose to waiting for Palm to get off their *** and do something about it. They are still working out bugs for the 700wx so that has been their focus.

    I don't know, is there anyway that maybe some of these problems may have been fixed seeing that the problems have already occured in the US market?
    If I am paying for a phone I want it to work properly.

    Maybe now that the Treo 700p is out for the CDMA network, we can expect a 680 on the GSM???? Hmmmm...could be possible peeps.

    Comments?

    ps: My Lord, there are over 300 angry people displaying their rage for the 700p,
    unless I hear some promise on fixing these issues I think I will wait.

    Caally.
  4. #4  
    I own a 700p (for over a week now) and see no problems whatsoever. Remember, when people are happy with a product they rarely post this. BUT, if they are having problems, they will....and this is what you end up reading. No device is perfect, but the 700p (at least to me) is one of the most stable devices I have owned. I have been installing programs and really putting the device to the test. Needless to say, it is passing my torture with flying colors.

    I would probably attribute more than half of the problems people are having with end user error (installing apps not fully compatible or updated for the 700p), a good percentage that just do not know exactly what they are doing, and then a final percentage that truly have a defective phone.

    All that I can say is that the 700p has been treating me right, and I would not think of going with anything else at this point. The high speed data access is just such a plus that the 680 is not even worth a thought to me.
  5. #5  
    Hello!I am from China.Will the 700p availale in my hometown?
    Anyone knows?
  6. #6  
    Had the 700p for a couple of months. No real problems since I cleaned up a few older apps that caused issues.
  7. zeze22's Avatar
    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by zektor View Post
    I own a 700p (for over a week now) and see no problems whatsoever. Remember, when people are happy with a product they rarely post this. BUT, if they are having problems, they will....and this is what you end up reading. No device is perfect, but the 700p (at least to me) is one of the most stable devices I have owned. I have been installing programs and really putting the device to the test. Needless to say, it is passing my torture with flying colors.

    I would probably attribute more than half of the problems people are having with end user error (installing apps not fully compatible or updated for the 700p), a good percentage that just do not know exactly what they are doing, and then a final percentage that truly have a defective phone.

    All that I can say is that the 700p has been treating me right, and I would not think of going with anything else at this point. The high speed data access is just such a plus that the 680 is not even worth a thought to me.
    I have been through a few 700p's (lost one, broke one, switched to other phones for a few weeks). I have never experienced the problems described either. The golden rule seems to be to sync your new Treo as new, and not to start syncing it under the same name and history of your former Treo. After your first sync, simply re-install your 3P software from scratch.

    I have owned the 700wx and the Samsung i830, and alsways go back to the 700p for its speed, ease of use and stability.
  8. zeze22's Avatar
    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by vimcanna View Post
    Hello!I am from China.Will the 700p availale in my hometown?
    Anyone knows?
    Hi. Only if it is release on GSM. As I understand, China does not have a CDMA network. Your best bet is the 680.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by vimcanna View Post
    Hello!I am from China.Will the 700p availale in my hometown?
    Anyone knows?
    Hello vimcanna,

    it should work for sure in parts of China. I used my Treo in Beijing and Qingdao successfully (P-model)
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by zeze22 View Post
    Hi. Only if it is release on GSM. As I understand, China does not have a CDMA network. Your best bet is the 680.
    Not true - CDMA is available in China. I have used it as stated above.
  11.    #11  
    Thank everyone for their replies...I am only waiting so much much longer
    for the Treo 680 before I just jump on the 700p.
    Thank you all for sharing your experiences.

    Caally.
  12. #12  
    hey that's awesome you're canadian!!! where are you from? i'm from vancouver (live in san diego now) =)

    i was wondering when the 700p would finally hit the markets back home...

    me personally, i like my phone. granted, this is my 2nd one cuz the other took a crapper. bah. that aside, i say get the 700p. get more for your moolah =)
    VZW 700p, which could quite possibly be thrown out the window if it doesn't stop being a pain in the booty.
  13. #13  
    why are you in San Diego when you could be here in Vancouver with record snow and near record cold

    Quote Originally Posted by aj80 View Post
    hey that's awesome you're canadian!!! where are you from? i'm from vancouver (live in san diego now) =)

    i was wondering when the 700p would finally hit the markets back home...

    me personally, i like my phone. granted, this is my 2nd one cuz the other took a crapper. bah. that aside, i say get the 700p. get more for your moolah =)
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
  14. #14  
    cuz i'm married to an american...LOL....

    i'm heading home in december for christmas..i plan to hit up cypress everyday...and stop by whistler for a couple days too...wooo!!! i just hope it's still snowing like crazy...i love the snow & cold weather....=)
    VZW 700p, which could quite possibly be thrown out the window if it doesn't stop being a pain in the booty.
  15. zeze22's Avatar
    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by brichter21 View Post
    Not true - CDMA is available in China. I have used it as stated above.
    ...sorry... I should keep my mouth shut unless I know what I'm talking about...
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by aj80 View Post
    hey that's awesome you're canadian!!! where are you from? i'm from vancouver (live in san diego now) =)

    i was wondering when the 700p would finally hit the markets back home...

    me personally, i like my phone. granted, this is my 2nd one cuz the other took a crapper. bah. that aside, i say get the 700p. get more for your moolah =)
    Hey aj80,

    Thx for your post. Not sure if that was directed at me but here it goes. I am from Ottawa but now reside in Toronto. I was thinking of the 700P but I am a little bit concerned as I may be require to fly to Sweden in March for work. I work in the music industry so I will have to travel occationally. I think the 700P is a nice phone but I kind of had my hopes on a T680 (and Crimson to be exact ). The 700P will limit me to where I will be able to use the phone as its on the CDMA network(Bell & Telus) and GSM (Rogers).

    So San Diego eh? (How Canadian is "eh") Thats amazing! I'm sure I will be in L.A soon enough so I must make a note to visit San Diego.

    Have a safe trip back to Vancouver.

    Caally.
  17. #17  
    Wooo...Vancitaaaayy...

    I'm shivering in my basement right now, but at least I have my Treos. Woo! Good on Telus and Bell for inking the new Treo deals. Telus should get it pretty soon, as the leaked marketing materials show.

    CDMA networks are a bit more bothersome when it comes to switching around. With unlocked GSM phones, you just swap the SIM card and you're good to go. Rogers, Fido, T-Mobile, Cingular, or if you're in Hong Kong, 3, Smartone, etc. Works on them all.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange


    Canuck PDA
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Caally View Post
    Hey aj80,

    Thx for your post. Not sure if that was directed at me but here it goes. I am from Ottawa but now reside in Toronto. I was thinking of the 700P but I am a little bit concerned as I may be require to fly to Sweden in March for work. I work in the music industry so I will have to travel occationally. I think the 700P is a nice phone but I kind of had my hopes on a T680 (and Crimson to be exact ). The 700P will limit me to where I will be able to use the phone as its on the CDMA network(Bell & Telus) and GSM (Rogers).

    So San Diego eh? (How Canadian is "eh") Thats amazing! I'm sure I will be in L.A soon enough so I must make a note to visit San Diego.

    Have a safe trip back to Vancouver.

    Caally.
    thank you!!! and Yep yep, the post was directed to you =) cool Ottawa...sadly, i've never been there. crazy eh? soon though!

    anyhoo, good luck to you!! come visit san dogg..it's purty down here, but not as much as vancouver!!!
    VZW 700p, which could quite possibly be thrown out the window if it doesn't stop being a pain in the booty.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by zeze22 View Post
    ...sorry... I should keep my mouth shut unless I know what I'm talking about...
    zeze22 - my bad if I appeared to come strong. I meant no disrepespect
  20. zeze22's Avatar
    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    #20  
    ...please... no problem.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions