1.    #1  
    Which headset works better with Treo 700wx:

Motorola H700
    Motorola HS850
    Motorola H500

Plantronics 640E
    Plantronics 510
    Good luck with any of them. I have the H700 and Bluetooth locks up on the phone about every other call or so. I have tried 3 different BT headsets and get the same thing( all of them on Palms compatibility list). Apparently this is pretty common so there seems to be a BT bug on the 700wx.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks dmanz.
    Is Palm or Sprint looking into getting a fix out for this bluetooth issue? Now, I don't know which one to get.
    I still have a week to return the 700wx to Sprint so I am going to try this again. I took back the h700 to Best Buy and traded for the Plantronics Discovery 640. It is charging now and I will let you know if it works.
  5.    #5  
    dmanz, Waiting for your reply regarding the Plantronics Dicovery 640.
    I've been using the H700 for about a week and have had ZERO problems with it so far. I find this strange considering everyone else that has commented so far said the h700 doesn't work. Very strange.
  7.    #7  
    I am still debating between buying the Plantronics 640 or Moto H700.
    huberc, how do u like H700 so far? Does it have a bad sound quality, Range, & Battery life?
    Last edited by Dinomon; 11/28/2006 at 03:06 PM.
    i had the discovery 640 and there was just too much static when i used it with my wx. currently i have a jabra jx10 and i like it better than the 640. there is a little hissing in the background but its tolerable for the most part.
  9.    #9  
    so basically, it's not worth buying a bluetooth if it doesn't work well.
    I received the H700 as a gift. Honestly, I think it's just mediocre. The range could be better; I get static and drops at times. Overall, I’d say go for something else besides the H700.
    The Plantronics 640 seems to be working alot better so far. Bluetooth has only shut down on me once through 20 calls so far. The thing is very lightweight and suprisingly comfortable in the ear. There is some crackling every now and then but nothing too loud or annoying.
    my H350 works like a charm
    weird, maybe just a quirk: normally I recommend against the P 640 for the 700wx due to frequent disconnects (but awesome for the 650 or the 6700).

but, I recently hard reset, did a system restore, install the Palm patch and dare I say...it's staying connected?

Probably just a one-time deal, but hey if it works great. lol

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  14.    #14  
    I bought a Moto H700 headset (got it for $35) and I paired it with my wx.

1. But it seems like my treo battery drains faster with bluetooth, is that true? If so, any suggestion to save battery?

2. I am looking for a small program that I can access from Today screen to turn ON/OFF the bluetooth when needed, instead of going to Start->Setting->Connections. Currently, I have Hidelogo installed.

3. Can you enable Voice Command (i.e. call John) with Bluetooth?

4. Is there any hack or good info abt Bluetooth?
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinomon View Post
    I bought a Moto H700 headset (got it for $35) and I paired it with my wx.

1. But it seems like my treo battery drains faster with bluetooth, is that true? If so, any suggestion to save battery?

2. I am looking for a small program that I can access from Today screen to turn ON/OFF the bluetooth when needed, instead of going to Start->Setting->Connections. Currently, I have Hidelogo installed.
    Answer to your first question:
    Yes, battery will drain faster when using Bluetooth, this is normal for all cell phones. I like to keep a second battery around so that I don't have to worry about it.

Anser to your second quetion:
    Click on the bluetooth icon in the upper-right hand side of the screen and click off, I'm not familiar with Hidelogo, so I don't know if that hides the bluetooth Icon.
  16.    #16  
    I haven't charged my BT for over a week; plus I use it everyday.. Loving it so far..