Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42
  1. kmorris's Avatar
    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
       #1  
    I'm currently awaiting my 680 and wondering which data plan on TMO is best.

    When I used a 650 about a year ago, I had the $29.99/mo 'Total Internet Add-on' plan which is unlimited. It worked well, but I'm wondering if there's a less expensive option.

    I just cancelled my $19.99/mo Blackberry BIS plan since I sold my 8700g. I figured the plan wouldn't work with a Treo.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks!
  2. #2  
    I've had $19.99 unlimited for years.
  3. kmorris's Avatar
    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cccomputing View Post
    I've had $19.99 unlimited for years.
    Are you talking about the Blackberry plan for $19.99, or are you perhaps grandfathered into a total internet plan that was once $19.99 (and is now $29.99)?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by kmorris View Post
    Are you talking about the Blackberry plan for $19.99, or are you perhaps grandfathered into a total internet plan that was once $19.99 (and is now $29.99)?
    Must be the latter, I signed up for it in late 2004, I think, and have never had a Blackberry through T-Mo.
  5. kmorris's Avatar
    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cccomputing View Post
    Must be the latter, I signed up for it in late 2004, I think, and have never had a Blackberry through T-Mo.
    OK, thought so.....wish I could get in on that, but too late for me!
  6. #6  
    Dont' they still offer a $19.95 unlimited data add-on option to an existing line? Last time I checked, it was still available.
    Thanks,

    np
  7. kmorris's Avatar
    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by nickp View Post
    Dont' they still offer a $19.95 unlimited data add-on option to an existing line? Last time I checked, it was still available.
    Not that I know of. Hope I'm wrong though! I recall using that $29.99/mo plan when I had the 650....since I've been using a BB for a few months I called TMO yesterday to ask which plan I'd need for the Treo and they said the 'Total Internet Add-on' which is indeed, $29.99/mo. I'll go online and see if another plan is listed, but I don't think so.
  8. #8  
    TMO raised their prices... The 19.99 all you can eat plan is no longer available.
  9. dpc
    dpc is offline
    dpc's Avatar
    Posts
    433 Posts
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    #9  
    Even at $29.99 it still seems to be cheaper then the $39.99 plan with cingular.
  10. #10  
    but doesnt the $30 now also include free wifi?

    not that that help you with the treo.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  11. kmorris's Avatar
    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
       #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    but doesnt the $30 now also include free wifi?

    not that that help you with the treo.

    Yes, I believe it includes HotSpot access, but who cares about that
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by dsun View Post
    TMO raised their prices... The 19.99 all you can eat plan is no longer available.
    THAT is why I am still with T-mo ... I've been on that plan for a few years myself and it allows VPN access.
  13. #13  
    I've heard through the grapevine that you can use your Treo on a Sidekick plan. Supposedly if you have a voice plan, the unlimited data/text messages is on like $22.
  14. #14  
    I too am on the $19.95 unlimited internet plan, and have been for many years. It is a very good value! I'd be upset to learn that you can no longer get this excellent plan.

    Felipe - I see you've changed your Avatar to reflect your new phone! No more 600!
  15. Manaz101's Avatar
    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    #15  
    Here's a side note question.....i've got the 5.99 T-Zones plan, what's the difference with that and the other plan? Mine's unlimited and i can get my mail through versamail...........just curious as to the advantage of the $30 choice.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-NYC View Post
    I too am on the $19.95 unlimited internet plan, and have been for many years. It is a very good value! I'd be upset to learn that you can no longer get this excellent plan.

    Felipe - I see you've changed your Avatar to reflect your new phone! No more 600!
    yeah,

    i didnt change it after i got the 650, but thought it was about time.

    btw, i have a poll going on in off topic about the new avatar. mark suggested i go with an animated gif.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  17. #17  
    Here is the skinny. You can get a 5.99 plan a blackberry plan, a sidekick plan.... Whatever you want. In mytmobile.com all you have to do is change your phone. Once you do that, You can get whatever plan you like9 according to the phone model you have selected.) and use your Treo with it.

    i.e if I want the 5.99 plan I select I have a razr or some other crap phone
    go to plans/options and click all that apply.

    Very easy.
  18. #18  
    What is the "5.99 plan"?
  19. kmorris's Avatar
    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
       #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    Here is the skinny. You can get a 5.99 plan a blackberry plan, a sidekick plan.... Whatever you want. In mytmobile.com all you have to do is change your phone. Once you do that, You can get whatever plan you like9 according to the phone model you have selected.) and use your Treo with it.

    i.e if I want the 5.99 plan I select I have a razr or some other crap phone
    go to plans/options and click all that apply.

    Very easy.
    Wait, so you're saying I can use this $5.99/mo T-Zones plan with my Treo and have no restrictions? I'll have full unlimited access to web/email? How is that possible? I thought there were limitations with that plan for use with the 'basic' phones.
  20. #20  
    5.99 email is ok, web via proxy all other ports blocked. We use this for our sales guys. The 19.99 now 29.99 (with wifi) allows all ports no need for proxy for web. Both are unlimited but depends on what you need to use. Our techs use email, web, ssh, vpn etc. So we get the better plan.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions