Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bluippold View Post
    I've heard through the grapevine that you can use your Treo on a Sidekick plan.
    Sidekick data plans don't work with anything other than Sidekicks.

The Blackberry Internet (BIS) plans work fine with Treos, although PPTP (Mergic) VPN connections won't work; if you need PPTP you have to get Total Internet with the VPN option.

-SC
    "Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. There might be a law against it by that time." -/usr/games/fortune
    Felipe-I like the new Avatar! I am waiting for my 680, patiently....patiently.......pa....
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roamer1 View Post
    Sidekick data plans don't work with anything other than Sidekicks.

The Blackberry Internet (BIS) plans work fine with Treos, although PPTP (Mergic) VPN connections won't work; if you need PPTP you have to get Total Internet with the VPN option.

-SC
    So then I shouldn't have cancelled my BB BIS plan? Guess I can sign up for it again. I don't need a VPN connection. What is PPTP?
    I've been on the $20 Media Works plan for a year to two. I was able to keep it when i ordered my 680. Is this an "unlimited" plan?
    Dennis G. Esler
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scouter075 View Post
    I've been on the $20 Media Works plan for a year to two. I was able to keep it when i ordered my 680. Is this an "unlimited" plan?
    Isn't that a Cingular plan?
    Sorry.
    Dennis G. Esler
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    im using tzones, the current 6.99 plan and its unlimited and right now there are no restrictions, for the last few weeks i havent been using a web proxy at all and have been surfing, streaming and reading email fine. before that i had been using the web proxy and that meant that I couldn't do things like stream internet radio but i could still browse, use kmaps, get my email, and look things up in directory assistant.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milkham View Post
    im using tzones, the current 6.99 plan and its unlimited and right now there are no restrictions, for the last few weeks i havent been using a web proxy at all and have been surfing, streaming and reading email fine. before that i had been using the web proxy and that meant that I couldn't do things like stream internet radio but i could still browse, use kmaps, get my email, and look things up in directory assistant.
    Wow, that's great. What is a web proxy by the way?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmorris View Post
    Wow, that's great. What is a web proxy by the way?
    T-mobile's Tzones data plan is suposed to be for unlimited browsing of WAP sites and unlimited email. The way they differentiate this from their more expensive internet offerings is by blocking ports. Normally on Tzones, port 80 (the default tcp/ip port for the web) should be blocked so you can't just straight up browse a webpage. But all email ports are open. The proxy basically acts as a middleman, recieving the page you want and then sending it to your phone on a port that is not blocked. Tmobile has been all over the place in regards to blocking the ports. It used to be that you could get data without even having a data plan at all.

They got rid of that and then you needed at least tzones, but it had no ports blocked, then people reported ports were blocked in some areas of the USA but not others and you had to use a proxy. That was the situation I was in then i noticed a couple of weeks ago that ports were unblocked again. This works right now but theres no guarantee that it will continue working. You can sign up for whatever data plan initially and try it out, you can add and remove these services from t-mobile.com with very minimal hassle and the changes take place within a day.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    For those of you that want the 19.99 Internet VPN package, I got mine by calling the cancellation department. They apparently can add it back on to your account. YMMV, but it worked for me.
    Unlocked Treo 650 (Nov 05) BTW: T-Zones sux!
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    Here is the skinny. You can get a 5.99 plan a blackberry plan, a sidekick plan.... Whatever you want. In mytmobile.com all you have to do is change your phone. Once you do that, You can get whatever plan you like9 according to the phone model you have selected.) and use your Treo with it.

i.e if I want the 5.99 plan I select I have a razr or some other crap phone
    go to plans/options and click all that apply.

Very easy.
    The funny thing is that T-Mo is well aware of what phone you're actually using. I changed my phone to some cheapie one on mytmobile last year in order to select the t-zones plan. Sometimes when I log in, they show that phone as my device, but most of the time they show the Treo 600. In addition, i bought a PEBL for cheap in the spring and attempted to send in a $50 rebate for it...it was rejected even though my submission was valid. After numerous resubmission attempts, it was explained to me that since I wasn't actively using the phone (I'd given it to a friend) on their network, I didn't qualify and the rebate would not be issued. I was more surprised that they knew exactly what device I was using whenever I was on their network.

Makes you wonder why they haven't cracked down on Treo owners using the t-zones loophole...not that I'm complaining.
    So what are the settings for using T-Mobile BIS plan on a Treo? I've tried quite a few with no luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by temna View Post
    For those of you that want the 19.99 Internet VPN package, I got mine by calling the cancellation department. They apparently can add it back on to your account. YMMV, but it worked for me.
    Did you really call to cancel or did you call for this purpose? If you did indeed bluff, then what did you say to them?

Also, I'm on the 6 bucks T-Zones. I seem to be able to get on any site and use internet ready programs (Google Maps, Verichat, etc.) with no probs. I know that once and a while T-Zones would be blocked & I would need a proxy. But what I want to know is if T-Zone is unlimited data.

I don't mind the speed in which pages load. All I want is to use the net on the phone.
    bump

Anyone know if the current T-Zones is unlimited? The site doesn't specify.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    bump

Anyone know if the current T-Zones is unlimited? The site doesn't specify.

This is what the site says......"Just $5.99 per month gives you unlimited access to mobile Web destinations and great capabilitiesólike reading, editing, and sending e-mail directly from your phone."

http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/addons/...vc_Sub_WebApps

I currently have this plan as well, and when i called i specifically asked the guy on the phone if it was unlimited data both upload/download. He said yes. We'll see when my bill comes in, i've been using hotmail, yahoo and versamail as well as other websites.
  16. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Manaz101 View Post
    This is what the site says......"Just $5.99 per month gives you unlimited access to mobile Web destinations and great capabilitiesólike reading, editing, and sending e-mail directly from your phone."

http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/addons/...vc_Sub_WebApps

I currently have this plan as well, and when i called i specifically asked the guy on the phone if it was unlimited data both upload/download. He said yes. We'll see when my bill comes in, i've been using hotmail, yahoo and versamail as well as other websites.
    Regarding your use of hotmail, is there some kind of dedicated app for it, or are you using it through Blazer?
    It is unlimited. Been using T-zones $6 plan for some time now. Best deal on the net & the main reason I won't leave them. That's reason enough not to stop people like me from doing this. Finding new customers is sooooo much more expensive than their small cost of retention.
    Quote Originally Posted by clogoodie View Post
    The funny thing is that T-Mo is well aware of what phone you're actually using. I changed my phone to some cheapie one on mytmobile last year in order to select the t-zones plan. Sometimes when I log in, they show that phone as my device, but most of the time they show the Treo 600. In addition, i bought a PEBL for cheap in the spring and attempted to send in a $50 rebate for it...it was rejected even though my submission was valid. After numerous resubmission attempts, it was explained to me that since I wasn't actively using the phone (I'd given it to a friend) on their network, I didn't qualify and the rebate would not be issued. I was more surprised that they knew exactly what device I was using whenever I was on their network.

Makes you wonder why they haven't cracked down on Treo owners using the t-zones loophole...not that I'm complaining.
    Glad to see someone else is still using a Treo 600. Mine's still going strong after almost 3 years.

I also use the T-Zones (now T-MobileWeb) 6.99 thing. I've never had the success others had with unblocked ports. So I just use it for e-mail and web. I kind of wish I could use IRC on it, but I can live without that. And yes, I tried some non-Java based web IRC clients, but they really did not work through the proxy.

And if T-Mobile got rid of this, I seriously might consider switching.
    Quote Originally Posted by NitohRyu View Post
    I also use the T-Zones (now T-MobileWeb) 6.99 thing. I've never had the success others had with unblocked ports. So I just use it for e-mail and web.
    email and web is all i really need, but i still pay for the $20 internet plan (grandfathered) because i would be afraid that they would "fix" this loop hole.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatny View Post
    It is unlimited. Been using T-zones $6 plan for some time now. Best deal on the net & the main reason I won't leave them. That's reason enough not to stop people like me from doing this. Finding new customers is sooooo much more expensive than their small cost of retention.
    So I wont get charged up the *** for running an IM program in the background all day?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast