1.    #1  
    On page 115 of the user manual (page 121 of the PDF) it says you can do AAC ringtones. You can do this on the 700p also. However, if try to send an AAC file via bluetooth it says not supported. If I download from a website, I get a choice to save, but it doesn't show up in sounds. Both of these worked on the 700p.

It sure seems to me that AAC ringtones are NOT working despite the manual. Anyone gotten this working? Anyone tried it yet?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  2.    #2  
    So, nobody is interested in non-midi ringtones but me? Anyway there was a "hacked" soundmanager from the 700p forum. The Sprint 700p had native AAC support but the Verizon on didn't. The hacked version allowed AAC ringtones to be seen natively on the Verizon 700p. Installing it is difficult since you need to copy it to a card and then copy it to the device (hotsyncing it doesn't work). I installed this on the 680 but it made no difference. No way to get AAC ringtones to work that I can see. But the manual says they are supported in some areas but not in others. There seem to be no Palm support pages up yet.
    i guess more ppl need to get the 680.

if i had mine i would have tested it.

can you now assign a ring tone with out having to put the person in favorites?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  4.    #4  
    Yes, you can assign a ringtone to the contact just like in the 700p.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    i guess more ppl need to get the 680.

if i had mine i would have tested it.

can you now assign a ring tone with out having to put the person in favorites?