1.    #1  
    anyone have any idea why when i try to send a pic or ringtone via bluetooth the error message always appears...This happens even after I establish they other phone as a trusted device...Any Answers
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Well, I am sorry to inform you that there's nothing wrong with your BT connection. It is the fact that Sprint/Verizon don't want you to do that.

Let me explain, and I hope I don't sound too basic on this. The only things that the BT in your 700p will let you do is pair with a headset and set up hotsync mode, and that's about it. What you want to do (transfer files) is disabled in the phone by Sprint/Verizon.

The only way to transfer files is using other means, like the IR port or the SD card. There are a few software apps that will make your Treo behave as an USB SD reader, and there may be a few where you can directly address the Treo files when connected to your PC.
    Well, you can also attach your photos to email messages and send them.
    I transfer mp3's and jpg in and out with bluetooth. Could the items your sending be copy protected?
    Bluetooth works great on my Verizon 700p with my MacBook Pro.
    Send files of any type. Try out BlueFiles palm app. Select and send or browse files from/to Mac.
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo15 View Post
    Well, I am sorry to inform you that there's nothing wrong with your BT connection. It is the fact that Sprint/Verizon don't want you to do that.

Let me explain, and I hope I don't sound too basic on this. The only things that the BT in your 700p will let you do is pair with a headset and set up hotsync mode, and that's about it. What you want to do (transfer files) is disabled in the phone by Sprint/Verizon.

The only way to transfer files is using other means, like the IR port or the SD card. There are a few software apps that will make your Treo behave as an USB SD reader, and there may be a few where you can directly address the Treo files when connected to your PC.
    Are you serious???

I transfer files all the time between my T700p and T650 with bluetooth. And I have the T700p paired with my laptop for BT DUN connection and BT file transfer and of course hotsync using a Widcom BT dongle and Widcom driver.

The 700p will recognize (pair) with Widcom on a PC.....

Widcom is listed on the 700p BT compatibilty list....

If the OP can't transfer files using bluetooth, something isn't set up correctly.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I love the bluetooth on my 700p verizon. I have used to transfer file to other 650 , 700p , hacked razor phones , my mac , etc.... i havent had any issues at all with the bluetooth finding and hot syncing to any other bluetooth devices . . . . . .. YET. But i must say i am a little skeeved at the sms lock up on the phone.