1.    #1  
    I have sprint and not up for renewal but don't want to spend the 650 dollars on this phone. Where can I get it for cheaper? Don't say ebay
    Call Sprint and ask for the Retention Dept. After being in the same situation, I threatened to go to Verizon and got the current $299 deal that Sprint is offering to new customers. Don't forget to haggle on the plan too. You can get better options for the same price on the newer plans.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by creativeguy View Post
    Call Sprint and ask for the Retention Dept. After being in the same situation, I threatened to go to Verizon and got the current $299 deal that Sprint is offering to new customers. Don't forget to haggle on the plan too. You can get better options for the same price on the newer plans.
    I have a discount plan for the company I work for..
    What have you looked into so far (besides Ebay)?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    What have you looked into so far (besides Ebay)?
    I got it for 299.99 from retention department w/ free overnight shipping
    I know you don't want to here "Ebay", but I purchased a refurbished Sprint 700P about two weeks ago for $295.00 (Buy Now) and I'm very happy with it. It looks as if it was brand new!

James
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianh715 View Post
    I got it for 299.99 from retention department w/ free overnight shipping
    Cool.

I hope it serves you well. I'm going on 2 weeks of ownership, and I am very pleased.
    My plan was up, and I was really close to going GSM/Unlocked 680/T-Mobile. The guy in the retentions department was a techie, used a Mac, and seemed nicer once I mentioned that I did not want a Windows phone, hated them.

Part of me is so sad that I am not on a GSM phone, and still with Sprint... But I will have the better peice of hardware, a high-speed network, and can still use my spare batteries, chargers, cradle, etc.

I know I could have gone for a SERO plan, etc., but was happy with my deal of a new Treo 700p for $250, and 10% my plan (no big plan, I think I get almost the min. number of minutes and vision).

So weds., I should have a new Treo. My 650 sort of works, but reboots every 30 minutes or so, even with a hard-reset. And Versamail deleted all data every 2 weeks, and docs-to-go no longer works. And the stereo output no longer works (I use the Siedo dongle). I haven't tried reflashing the ROM, but my gut feeling is that something inside is wrong... I see if they give me anything for it as a trade in (the screen is still great, most programs work most of the time, and the battery is ok).
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  9.    #9  
    They sent me the 700wx so I get to wait another 2 days before I receive the 700p. Odd because I asked her 3 times if it was the P rather than the W and she laughed and said yes.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    They sent me the 700wx so I get to wait another 2 days before I receive the 700p. Odd because I asked her 3 times if it was the P rather than the W and she laughed and said yes.
    In the meantime do you get to try out the 700W before the P gets there?
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_T View Post
    In the meantime do you get to try out the 700W before the P gets there?
    I had the 700wx already before switching back to my 600 and I hated it. I have had that and the ppc-6700 and I have pretty much sworn off windows phones. The crashes and errors on them were unacceptable for the amount I use my phone. I have yet to have an issue with any palm phone!
    I had the 700wx already before switching back to my 600 and I hated it. I have had that and the ppc-6700 and I have pretty much sworn off windows phones. The crashes and errors on them were unacceptable for the amount I use my phone. I have yet to have an issue with any palm phone!
    Amen to that.