Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    There is a new version of NVBackup dated 11/25/2006.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...kage_id=186018

I'm liking this application a lot.
    The one thing now is for a Conduit for NVBackup to copy the backed-up files from SD Card to your PC during a HotSync operation (similar to the CallRec Conduit).
    Quote Originally Posted by Widdy View Post
    There is a new version of NVBackup dated 11/25/2006.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...kage_id=186018

I'm liking this application a lot.
    OK, dumb question time: Why are there two files to download? What is the difference between "source" and "binaries?"
    I love this software. I like that it doesnt cause resets.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I sure would like to know what bug was fixed since my current version works so well.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky76 View Post
    OK, dumb question time: Why are there two files to download? What is the difference between "source" and "binaries?"
    If you have to ask, you don't need the source code.

NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky76 View Post
    The source is the program code written in some computer programming language. Those who know that language would understand it and may want to change it to suite their needs or improve upon it for the greater good of all. This is what an "open source" program allows. Some people guard the source of the programs they write with their dear life and make money from licensing the use of the binary.

The source is "compiled" or translated to binary code that computers, in this case a Palm device, can understand. You and I would just use the binary file.

Hope that helps.
    Prio Treo
    Unlocked Unbranded Treo 650 on T-Mobile-T-Zone
    Dear all,

Am anxiously awaiting the delivery of my Treo 680 (which should be in the next few hours), and am curious about the necessity of NVBackup. If I'm not mistaken, the 680 comes with Non-Volatile File System (NVFS), so if I leave the device running until the power drains, plug it into the socket, and it should be fine! Again, if I'm not mistaken, the Palm software also makes backups everytime you hotsync the Treo to your PC (according to my housemate who uses a TX). So then, what is the purpose of NVBackup?

Yes I am a n00b.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    While the Treo file system will preserve your primary databases and programs you may lose Preferences, settings and add-on programs. Also in the event of strange corruption you can restore while away from your computer. NVBackup also can do a scheduled backup to a ftp server.
    Maybe I should start a new post. But maybe someone know the answer.. does anyone know how to just recover one (1) file from the Backup?
    Visor -> Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Treo 800w
    thank you Khaytsus!!!
    Visor -> Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Treo 800w