1.    #1  
    Hey everyone, I've been a silent reader here for a few months. It is time I upgrade my phone (razr). I want to stop carrying 3 devices (pda, mp3 player + phone) so i think the 680 seems like a good choice.

I'm up for a 'phone upgrade' on Cingular (been with them for almost 2 years) on 12/10/06, would i get any benefits from waiting till that day or should i just buy the 680 now for $299?

thanks for any help...
    are your 3 devices working? if so, save some money and wait until next month.

but i would call cingular, since you are so close maybe they would do a deal???
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    are your 3 devices working? if so, save some money and wait until next month.

but i would call cingular, since you are so close maybe they would do a deal???
    Call Cingular again, you should be eligible for an upgrade now!! Depending on what you want to do, you can get the $299, rebate, etc, etc, etc, now. Usually, if you are 20 - 22 months into a 24 month (2 year agreement) you are eligible for upgrade. Call or go online at Cingular to find out and push them for your upgrade now. If you are not going to get all the discounts and stay with Cingular, consider unlocked from Palm.
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    http://web.palm.com/promos/treo650_t...mh=dm13.122355

Get a quote:

* Visit palm.tradeups.com
    * Select the Treo 650 as your trade in product
    * You'll receive a $125 quote for your Treo 650 trade in
    * If you accept the quote, just give us a little more information and we'll send you a prepaid shipping label
    * Please note that your quote must be submitted by 12/18/2006

http://web.palm.com/products/communi...egoryId=380001

I want a new Cingular Wireless mobile phone plan
    Price: as low as $199*

$199 - $125 = $74 bucks

No unless there's some kinda "gotcha" hidden somewhere, if your contract is expired and you sign up for a new plan, it should cost ya $75.

If ya can't finagle it online, I'd go "brick and mortar". That's how I got my 650 as a "new customer" despite having an existing account since early 1980's