Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    Today my SMS messages stopped working. I called T-Mobile and to make a long story short, the rep. told me that when this happens I should disconnect from the network for a few minutes and reconnect (turn the phone on and off). This forces the network to choose the optimal towers for my location (or something like that), and it would be a good thing to do once a day to maintain the best signal possible.

    I'm looking for a program that will turn off my phone at a certain time and then turn it back on a few minutes later or at another specified time. My searches have yielded nothing of this nature. Has anyone seen anything that can do this?
  2. #2  
    Well, stuff like 2PlayMe can do it.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by eatyummypuppies View Post
    I'm looking for a program...
    Try Phone Technician, it's free to download/try, $14.95 to register if you want to keep it.

    Mals
  4.    #4  
    Hah, no. I didn't mean to imply that I would consider paying for it. Thanks anyway though.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by eatyummypuppies View Post
    Hah, no. I didn't mean to imply that I would consider paying for it. Thanks anyway though.


    Let's see.

    1. Power down. Wait a couple of minutes. Power up. = free and relatively free of intellectual complexities.

    2. Pay for software to do this for you. = $14.95, use up memory.

    3. I am now announcing the formation of my new company, Treo Reset Services, Inc. I will come to your house and power down/power up your Treo. Cost = $400 per visit plus first class airfare to wherever you live.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post


    Let's see.

    1. Power down. Wait a couple of minutes. Power up. = free and relatively free of intellectual complexities.

    2. Pay for software to do this for you. = $14.95, use up memory.

    3. I am now announcing the formation of my new company, Treo Reset Services, Inc. I will come to your house and power down/power up your Treo. Cost = $400 per visit plus first class airfare to wherever you live.
    Let me know if you're hiring.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post


    Let's see.

    1. Power down. Wait a couple of minutes. Power up. = free and relatively free of intellectual complexities.

    2. Pay for software to do this for you. = $14.95, use up memory.

    3. I am now announcing the formation of my new company, Treo Reset Services, Inc. I will come to your house and power down/power up your Treo. Cost = $400 per visit plus first class airfare to wherever you live.
    Ah, thank you for your sage no-lunch-is-free wisdom. And said in a humorous way! You are a volcano of hilarity! Thank you for your zany yet amiable emoticon smilie too. I'm smiling right back at you, friend.


    Anyway, has anyone who's been through the thousands of free Palm applications available seen something that does this?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by eatyummypuppies View Post
    Anyway, has anyone who's been through the thousands of free Palm applications available seen something that does this?
    While there are a plenty of good freeware titles that do a host of things, you're in for a rude awakening if you expect to have one for everything you'd like (and handed to you without any research). There may be a freeware program to fit your need. You could try searching the forums or the freeware site of your choice. Good luck sir.

    Mals
  9. #9  
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  10. #10  
    Profiles will turn the radio on and off on your schedule.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

    NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

    Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malstorme View Post
    While there are a plenty of good freeware titles that do a host of things, you're in for a rude awakening if you expect to have one for everything you'd like (and handed to you without any research).
    Save me Malstorme. Deliver me from the amorphous flux of whim and entitlement of which I am a hapless pawn. Take my hand and lead me down the auriferous path of your guiding wisdom to the cold, hard reality of non-gratis software.

    (Also, good of you to point out how I didn't search for this for hours. Because that's something you know. Way to discipline this lazy, deluded miscreant!)

    Damn you, aprasad & Tony! Damn you for answering my question, simply, as fellow human beings, and without condescending lecture. How will I ever learn that I can't find every little Palm application I need for free when I can find every little Palm application I need for free?

Posting Permissions