Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Here in Australia I'm mighty tempted to order a Copper Palm 680 via the US store:

Reasons:

Colour Choice: (We get Graphite only)
    Delivery Time: (One website has it at January 15 for Australia)
    Price:

PALM US Website = $399US or $512.506 AUD
    Aussie Price = $567.57 USD or $729.00 AUD

Palms US store won't ship OS...but I've got an American friend who could send it out after I get it sent to them...

Can anyone see any possible problems with me buying a US Palm Treo 680..and using it in Australia?

Am I breaking some code of ethics by not using the official Australian Channels?

Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavoz View Post
    Here in Australia I'm mighty tempted to order a Copper Palm 680 via the US store:

Can anyone see any possible problems with me buying a US Palm Treo 680..and using it in Australia?

Am I breaking some code of ethics by not using the official Australian Channels?

Any thoughts?
    lol no you are not breaking any code of ethics.. keep in mind though, you might have to pay import (customs) duty on it. depends on your laws there.

the treo 680 itself is quad band. it will work with your GSM operator. its a world phone.
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kunjan View Post
    lol no you are not breaking any code of ethics.. keep in mind though, you might have to pay import (customs) duty on it. depends on your laws there.

the treo 680 itself is quad band. it will work with your GSM operator. its a world phone.
    Thanks Kunjan...you've put my conscience at ease

Any clues whether the US package will include an Australian power adaptor? (Seem to remember reading somewhere that it does)

I guess it's probably worth getting the International Cradle thing anyway as an add on.
    I dont think the power adapter will work in australia. you are 220 V right? when you get the AC adapter, look on it if it specifies input voltage from "100 V to 240 V". the plugs itself will be thin, like american. but if it specifies that range you could plug it in to an outlet there with a plug adapter.

if not you still can trickle charge the treo via usb. trickle charge takes a longer time though.

easiest option is to get an international cradle and not worry about it.
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavoz View Post

Reasons:

Colour Choice: (We get Graphite only)
    Delivery Time: (One website has it at January 15 for Australia)
    Price:

PALM US Website = $399US or $512.506 AUD
    Aussie Price = $567.57 USD or $729.00 AUD

Palms US store won't ship OS...but I've got an American friend who could send it out after I get it sent to them...

Any thoughts?

That's exactly what I'M doing mate (except it goes to family not friends) - if I wait for it to come out where I am it'll be branded by Digicel/Cabe & Wireless or in Spanish from some venezulean company!