1.    #1  
    had to do a hard reset the other day.when i restored from backup my pics did not restore.so,i went to the desktop and located the palm folder that contains my pics...some were there, but for some reason many were missing.i managed to restore the ones on my descktop pc back to my treo.now,the weird part is that all the lost pics that were set as picture caller id,still show up when that person calls me?????? how can the pic show up when it is no longer on the treo or on the card????...is it still there,in some strange form? if its still there somewhere then can i get it back into the pics viewer?
    For whatever reason, the missing pictures are probably gone -- but as for the picture caller id photos -- a very small kb "copy" of the original picture becomes part of your contact record -- and that is why they are still there.

Where do you store your pictures on the Treo? In main memory or on the SD card? As I have a 650 -- main memory is best because of the 650's limited main memory, however, I would also recommend the SD card for the 700P as the SD card is unaffected by a hard reset. If you did store them on the card -- they should still be there.

Were the missing pics from main memory and taken after your last hot-sync -- and therefore not backed up to the desktop? The below link is a Palm knowledge base article on where photos are stored after a hot sync. It appears that internal memory photos and SD card saved photos are saved in 2 different locations on the PC after a hot sync. . . . . check both locations . . . maybe the pics are still there.

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...ase=obj(31573)

Item Where saved Location on Windows PC after HotSync

Photos Internal memory
    Treo 700p:
    My Documents > My Photos > Palm Photos > (user name) > Internal

Treo 650:
    My Documents > My Pictures > palmOne Photos > (user name) > Internal

Expansion card
    Treo 700p:
    My Documents > My Photos > Palm Photos > (user name) > Expansion card

Treo 650:
    My Documents > My Pictures > palmOne Photos > (user name) > Expansion Card

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 11/27/2006 at 04:10 AM.