Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Out of some weird circumstances I called Palm's Customer Support to inquire about my order and whethe ror not I could cancel it. I have read a few lack luster reviews of the new Treo 680 and I am a little hesitant at this point. Even though I own a Sprint Treo 650 and love it.

Anyway, when I asked the lady about cancelling my order, she said I couldn't. I asked why not because the 680 is supposedly not shipping out until Friday and she mention the box has already been processed for shipment and will leave the warehouse tomorrow, or Tuesday at the latest. I mentioned my order status had not been updated to reflect this and she said all she could tell me was the package had been processed and a shipping label has already been generated for it so I could not cancel my order. So, I said thank you and that was it. Also, my credit card has not been charged yet.

My order date is 11/21/2006 10:04:55 pm, for a Palm 680 Unlocked in Graphite and I removed the free Music Gift thingy they were giving away. Wish I wouldn't have because now I know it included a free 1GB SD card. Oh well, I would not have used it anyway, I have a SanDisk 1GB Ultra II Plus USB card.
    Interesting indeed. I called about 2 hours ago and they told me they were shipping out friday.
    understandably you cant cancel as it's been processed and awaiting shipping, but you still can turn around and return it or refuse delivery as it would then be shipped back to PALM. Doesnt make sense, or did you decide to keep the 680
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Well, she told me she could not cancel the order. So, I have to take delivery of it and then deal with it from there.

In the long run, I will likely keep it until the 750 comes out and see what to do from there. I have a Sprint Treo 650, a Dell Axim x51v and a Audiovox SMT5600 (my daily phone with Cingular). I love the browser and media player on my x51v and SMT5600, but the OS is not that good. I love the way the 650 is very 5-way friendly and I almost never need to use the stylus, but I no longer use Sprint (signal quality issue in my town). One thing I hate about the x51v is I have to do a soft reset everytime I want the WiFi to connect. I real pain that takes 2 minutes or more to resolve. Anyway, I am not sure what I want, but if the audio quality is good on the 680 I will keep it.
    ic, i understand now
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foofighter View Post
    understandably you cant cancel as it's been processed and awaiting shipping

But a order status of "Order Received" is not a true indicator of this. And based on what she told me, the status should say "Awaiting Shipment".
    i know, you would expect that their system were tied together or that it was live update...maybe it uploads to the order status site once a day so there's a lag?
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foofighter View Post
    i know, you would expect that their system were tied together or that it was live update...maybe it uploads to the order status site once a day so there's a lag?
    Or maybe she was just bull$hitting him in order to not lose an order. A pretty lousy thing to do, but it's not completely unheard of.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjoec View Post
    Or maybe she was just bull$hitting him in order to not lose an order. A pretty lousy thing to do, but it's not completely unheard of.
    hopefully not- i'm hoping the 680s are shipping from palm sooner vs later!!

Palm Vx->Palm m505->Palm Tungsten T3
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjoec View Post
    that does cross the mind! Wish they'd just give us a date! Are they just manufacturing the phones or trying to create buyer tension to make sure it sells?!
    i doubt she lied, i'm sure that is either what the PC in front if her said or what she was told to say.

i'm sure where she is at it miles away from where the treo is at.

palm shipping has always had issues. it cost them money to have to take it back, they can no longer sell it as new.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Someone on the "Order Received" thread stated the same thing I did about calling Palm and the rep told them their phone was shipping Monday (today) even though the order status had not changed.

Now that a 2nd person has heard this, I am very optimistic about getting the phone. Now to see how much I like it.
    I've been ordering Treos directly from Palm. The status you see online when you put your order number and zip code in almost never changes. You just have to call them maybe a couple of hours after you get the shipment confirmation email and ask them for the tracking number.

Also, if the Treo has already been sent to the warehouse to be packed, they can't cancel the order anymore.
    The people who take your orders on the phone are in Melbourne FL....Total usless info, but wanted to say it
    Quote Originally Posted by skyking517 View Post
    The people who take your orders on the phone are in Melbourne FL....Total usless info, but wanted to say it
    ok well I hope by friday at least we'll be getting a few shipment emails!
  16. sda
    I placed my order on Premier on the 23rd and though the order status still hasn't changed from Pending FedEx just delivered my 680. I still have to take it out of the box but it's here!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sda View Post
    I placed my order on Premier on the 23rd and though the order status still hasn't changed from Pending FedEx just delivered my 680. I still have to take it out of the box but it's here!!
    Well what are you waiting for?......Take it out of the box already
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I could not wait. Even though I have really good patients, I can not stand to order something and wait patiently to get it. And on top of that, the box is opened within minutes of my seeing it.
    I remember back in 05 when I was waiting for the 650 unlocked to ship from Palm, my order status didn't change until the package arrived at my door. So then I went online to check the status and it stated "shipped", but earlier that day it stated "order received." So either tehy ship really fast, or the tracking system is really slow. A welcome suprise, but it goes to show you can't go by Palm's online tracking 100% of the time.
    We are all dead, we just don't know it yet.
    i do feel that that is the case. So now i'll be pleasantly surprised when it arrives at my doorstep tomorrow
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast