Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've been scouring the internet but haven't found anything that fully satisfies...

flip cases are nice and shielding but most are expensive and don't allow you to use the camera w/o taking the phone out.

Form-fitters allow everything but probably don't offer as much protection

And pouches become less useful as you have to take the phone OUT of them to sue it..hence at the point they're most vulnerable..

anyone found a case that works yet? I plan to get one asap so I limit the time I can drop the new gadget!
    I just got an email from the makers of the Nutshell--by far my most favorite case and what I wear constantly. They tell me it might fit "a bit loosely" and that if it is not tight enough they can ship me one that will have a "perfect fit" and can ship it "double quick." They are in Australia or New Zealand but I have had three holders from them and they arrive in less than a week--it's only one incredible part of their incredible operations, so that's what I'm doing--try out the old one for a few days and then order a new one if it isn't close to a perfect fit.
  3.    #3  
    Nutshell eh? I'll look 'em up on google...btw what model case? A 650 i'd guess...or a 700?
    I considered quite a few (Piel Frama was the leading contender till I read that the horizontal leather bar that goes across between the screen and keyboard can obscure the rocker control). Liked the Sena Magnetflipper, till I really thought about the fact it opened from the bottom, and the front cover would "dangle".

Just ordered the Sena Vertical Pouch today. It apparently has a "ratcheting" belt clip, which was interesting to me. I realize I'll have to take the phone out a lot, but hope to minimize the frequency of this with a BT headset. (Also ordered the Plantronics 655 after giving up on the Motorola H700, which I'd originally picked up w/the phone the other day).

Seems like there is no "perfect" 680 case right now. I looked for HOURS (literally) this weekend before settling on the Sena Vertical Pouch - "for now". If they come out with something bonzo in the months ahead (and IF I keep the 680, which is up in the air right now), I may switch later.

Good luck..seems like ALL these accessories (cases, headsets, etc) involve some kind of give and take trade-off in functionality, features, price, etc.

- PB
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmBear View Post
    I considered quite a few (Piel Frama was the leading contender till I read that the horizontal leather bar that goes across between the screen and keyboard can obscure the rocker control). Liked the Sena Magnetflipper, till I really thought about the fact it opened from the bottom, and the front cover would "dangle".

Just ordered the Sena Vertical Pouch today. It apparently has a "ratcheting" belt clip, which was interesting to me. I realize I'll have to take the phone out a lot, but hope to minimize the frequency of this with a BT headset. (Also ordered the Plantronics 655 after giving up on the Motorola H700, which I'd originally picked up w/the phone the other day).

Seems like there is no "perfect" 680 case right now. I looked for HOURS (literally) this weekend before settling on the Sena Vertical Pouch - "for now". If they come out with something bonzo in the months ahead (and IF I keep the 680, which is up in the air right now), I may switch later.

Good luck..seems like ALL these accessories (cases, headsets, etc) involve some kind of give and take trade-off in functionality, features, price, etc.

- PB
    Hmm...what's your take on the security of these vertical pouches? They have magnetic latches on top figure or else if the pouch is inverted it could be pretty nasty?!
    Quote Originally Posted by bruckwine View Post
    Nutshell eh? I'll look 'em up on google...btw what model case? A 650 i'd guess...or a 700?
    So far Nutshell only makes 650 cases, as far as I can make out, but they sent me a message that quite clearly says they'll make one to fit the 680 if you ask, which I will do if the 650 does not.
    I've had my Nutshell case since my Treo 180, as I can't say enough about it.
    I have been using it on my 600 and then 650, despite being a little big on both of those. It is 4 years old and still working great. I will finally be getting a new case for my 680 very soon.

mdavis, let us know how the 650 one fits, I think it would probably be perfect without any modifications, but I'll wait for you to find out before ordering mine!

http://www.tuff-as-nuts.com
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Big fan of Vaja Cases. They add a little bit of thickness, but do it with a lot of class and style. You can choose from a lot of colors. The price was a bit high for my 650, but they came down for the 680. Check them out.

www.vajacases.com
    www.vajachoice.com
    Is there a flip case can also hold driver's license and 2 credit cards, & not to have to take 680 out to take photos?

TIA
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Playcentric View Post
    Is there a flip case can also hold driver's license and 2 credit cards, & not to have to take 680 out to take photos?

TIA
    Exactly what I'm hoping for..the few flip cases I've seen that include the 680 on thier list completely block the camera lens...
    what about a screen protector thread?

Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    what about a screen protector thread?

you can start one--- lets back to cases
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    Quote Originally Posted by Playcentric View Post
    you can start one--- lets back to cases

*snap*
    Quote Originally Posted by JRoD_E View Post
    Big fan of Vaja Cases. They add a little bit of thickness, but do it with a lot of class and style. You can choose from a lot of colors. The price was a bit high for my 650, but they came down for the 680. Check them out.

www.vajacases.com
    www.vajachoice.com
    Wow. That's one sweet case.

Not sure I like the screen and keyboard being exposed, but it does look like it adds to the 'gripability' of the 680 and may be the easiest to use case overall, since you don't need to pull it from a pouch, etc.

How are these guys to order from? (How long is delivery typically, etc?) Looks like they're in Argentina?
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmBear View Post
    Wow. That's one sweet case.

Not sure I like the screen and keyboard being exposed, but it does look like it adds to the 'gripability' of the 680 and may be the easiest to use case overall, since you don't need to pull it from a pouch, etc.

How are these guys to order from? (How long is delivery typically, etc?) Looks like they're in Argentina?
    If you want black, they are ready to ship now. Otherwise they hand craft it once the order is received. This generally takes 7-15 days. They keep you updated throughout the process.

I had no problems with my 650 case, and plan on ordering one for my 680 shortly.
    If you want black, they are ready to ship now.
    What about black with the clip option? On their website, it says black without clip is available to ship..black with clip isn't.

Is there another source to get the clip version? (Seems odd that one would be avail and one not..isn't this just an accessory?)

- PB
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    The clip needs to be put between the leather, which I assume takes more time to build. I didn't get a clip with my 650 case. I chose to carry the phone in my pocket. It's a bit bulky, but not as bad as you would think.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    If you want black, they are ready to ship now. Otherwise they hand craft it once the order is received. This generally takes 7-15 days. They keep you updated throughout the process.

I had no problems with my 650 case, and plan on ordering one for my 680 shortly.
    I ordered my black this weekend. It will probably arrive before my 680. I've had Vaja cases for my 650 and T3 and have been very satisfied...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith View Post
    I ordered my black this weekend. It will probably arrive before my 680. I've had Vaja cases for my 650 and T3 and have been very satisfied...
    Just received mine last week with the Rivet Clip option... Now I just need the 680.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  20. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I like those skin-type 'cases' for the treos. I've got one for my ipod and it works really well. Although admittedly probably doesn't offer as much protection as a full-fledged case.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast