Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dsun View Post
    Just received mine last week with the Rivet Clip option... Now I just need the 680.
    Nice. Where'd you order it from? And how long from order till the time you got it?
    From Vajacases.com. It took about a week and they Fed-Ex it to you for about $20...
    That Vaja case is pretty cool, however I'm a bit disturbed by the price. I've also been doing some searching.

Covertec has a flip case available that is supposedly exclusively for the 680 and 750. It is seemilngly much cheaper than the Vaja, but you get the security of a flip top if that's something you're looking for. According to their FAQ, the case is designed to allow for use of all of the phone's normal functions. The pictures on the link show that you can use the keyboard, volume buttons, ringer switch and most likely SD slot. I've emailed them to ensure that you can use the charger, sync cable, headphone jack and camera and will update this post upon their response. See link: http://www.covertecstore.com/en/t-sm...-750v-red.html

Note, they come in Brown, Red and Black. The black isn't available yet, but they say it will be shortyly.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    The price for Vaja Cases are high. I figured if I buy a phone valued at $400, I might as well get a case that protects it. With Vaja, the price is worth it. You would not regret paying this amount of money for a case. Especially when you consider the value of what it is protecting.

If you look at the 650 cases, they do have some cover options. I would assume this will come to the 680 at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRoD_E View Post
    The price for Vaja Cases are high. I figured if I buy a phone valued at $400, I might as well get a case that protects it. With Vaja, the price is worth it. You would not regret paying this amount of money for a case. Especially when you consider the value of what it is protecting.
    I'll drink to that...
    Those Vaja Cases do look gorgeous, although the price is definitely steep.

I'm torn between getting a flip case that will actually cover the front, or the Vaja case where the screen and keys are still exposed but the sides, back, etc. are protected.

How well does the i-volution case protect the Treo? Do you find that this case + a screen protector is adequate?

I'm leaning toward this because I don't want to have to use two hands to open up the case and then answer a call, and I will usually just keep my phone in my pocket.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vks3 View Post
    Those Vaja Cases do look gorgeous, although the price is definitely steep.

I'm torn between getting a flip case that will actually cover the front, or the Vaja case where the screen and keys are still exposed but the sides, back, etc. are protected.

How well does the i-volution case protect the Treo? Do you find that this case + a screen protector is adequate?

I'm leaning toward this because I don't want to have to use two hands to open up the case and then answer a call, and I will usually just keep my phone in my pocket.
    I personally don't see the need for a flip case. Even if you were to drop the Treo in the i-volution case, the screen should be ok. The leather is raised around the screen. Unless you were to drop it on a rock or something.

If you keep the phone in your pocket, I wouldn't go with the flip case IMHO. It's thick already. Adding a cover will make the ladies thing you have a party in your pants.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dsun View Post
    I'll drink to that...
    Amen brother!
  9.    #29  
    THIS case looks pretty much like what I want...must've come out today cuz I've been scouring eBay all week...granted the side flip for the screen isn't pretty but it's effective and you can still use teh camera etc w/o taking the phone out the case which is the biggest plus for me....

http://cgi.ebay.com/HQ-Leather-Skin-...QQcmdZViewItem
    Are there any cases that have a reset hole in the back? For my 650 I had bought a battery cover that had a reset hole in it, because it became a pain to take it off to reset. And I've never seen a case with one either.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by employedslacker View Post
    Are there any cases that have a reset hole in the back? For my 650 I had bought a battery cover that had a reset hole in it, because it became a pain to take it off to reset. And I've never seen a case with one either.
    The 680 has no reset button. You remove the battery to initiate a soft reset.

P.S. Haven't had a reset occur on my 680 yet. OS seems nice and stable so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruckwine View Post
    THIS case looks pretty much like what I want...must've come out today cuz I've been scouring eBay all week...granted the side flip for the screen isn't pretty but it's effective and you can still use teh camera etc w/o taking the phone out the case which is the biggest plus for me....

http://cgi.ebay.com/HQ-Leather-Skin-...QQcmdZViewItem
    What's that side flip for ... just a cover?
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Playcentric View Post
    What's that side flip for ... just a cover?
    believe it or not THAT'S the screen protector lol....of course I'd sill get a real one to add ot that, but it allows easy access for everything w/o taking the phone out.
    im leaning towards a vaja case. I had a sena flip case for my 650. I liked it but the flip got in the way and looked really weird when your talking on the phone, and you have that flip cover in the air.

And you guys are right, if Im going to spend $400 on a phone, might as well have the best protection. I"ll drink to that too
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by employedslacker View Post
    im leaning towards a vaja case. I had a sena flip case for my 650. I liked it but the flip got in the way and looked really weird when your talking on the phone, and you have that flip cover in the air.

And you guys are right, if Im going to spend $400 on a phone, might as well have the best protection. I"ll drink to that too
    That may be the hitch with all the flips I've seen so far..all that "flap" flapping around when in use..no problem when doing something OTHER than talking...but it looks pretty silly talking like that.....do they have cases with detachable flaps??
    Who makes the thinnest horizontal pouch? I like Palm's but it's awfully bulky.
    Yes, I was looking at the Ultraslim by smartphone experts but understand they don't have a 680 version yet. I too would like to fine a slim horizontal pouch for the 680.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12