1.    #1  
    OK, this has me stumped.

I upgraded to the 680 over a Samsung i500 for a couple of reasons, one of the biggest being more overall screen real-estate due to the higher resolution of the 680 display (320x320 v. 160x172). So, my theory (which made sense at the time was)..double screen res = double the amount of "stuff" that I could display at any one time. Makes sense, right? WRONG!

Turns out I get the EXACT same amount of content on the screen as I did on the i500. Same # of lines displayed in a program. Same # of words per line. So, my only guess is that the Treo is displaying the content at a larger font, but the two displays and what they're showing (680 and i500) sure look pretty comparable side by side.

Anyone have any ideas here? I'm baffled that the 680 shows the "same" content as my 3 year old i500 with the smaller, lower-resolution screen..I will say, however, that the 680 display has a lot more "punch" / clarity and brightness than the i500..
    I have heard that Palm OS uses Pixel doubling to ensure compatibility with older apps.
    That why the Windows Mobile devices with 240x240 screens often show more information that PalmOS 320x320, because the 240x240 is the base resolution, while the PalmOS base resolution is 160x160.

Surur
    launcher - preference - view by list.

And change the font on Blazer to small since you have the eyes of an eagle.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    launcher - preference - view by list.

And change the font on Blazer to small since you have the eyes of an eagle.
    Thanks..stupid user question: I'm not seeing any "view by list" in Preferences. Where's this at again?
    You can possibly use Fonts4OS5 or FontSmoother to select a smaller font for overall usage, it'll change the fonts globally. Although be aware that drop-shadows some applications make behind text look bad with FontSmoother, but it's not a really big deal and doesn't happen in most apps.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    It's not the Treo; the application has to be written to take advantage of the display. See Planetarium, MobiPaint, and Docs-To-Go.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmBear View Post
    Thanks..stupid user question: I'm not seeing any "view by list" in Preferences. Where's this at again?

That's the only option on preference. Do you know what I mean by "launcher"? It's the app screen when you press the home key.
    You will see a difference with images and video's.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    the treos' usage of 320x320 is not clever at all. got a nokia e61 now with 320x240: less pixels, but much more information on the screen because of a much more elaborate formatting of pages and more efficient usage of pixels.