Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 129
  1. dpc
    dpc is offline
    dpc's Avatar
    Posts
    433 Posts
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    #101  
    I guess it's safe to assume that we'll be getting the units on or after the Dec 1st release date?
  2. iomatic's Avatar
    Posts
    629 Posts
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    #102  
    I just don't think they believe the effort would be worth it (I could be completely wrong, but here's what I'm thinking):

    "Now, you 3% of our market posting on TreoCentral, we just want to let you know that your orders are being processed, and they are being shipped from China and are on their way."

    I'm pretty sure they're having direct, daily, voice-based dialog with Cingular—their biggest customer, and their retail outlets far more than they would with this little slice of the pie. Basically, although I'm sure they care, this small early-adopter, tech-heavy market is just not on their priority list (which I fall under). What is? Massive holiday sales.

    Just my $.02. Take it for what you paid for it

    Still, at least blogs from the execs. is a good idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw View Post
    LOL! That would be a riot. Mind you, it also wouldn't be very practical. What would be interesting is if they had public blogs so that they could have managed dialog with the unwashed masses. But, really... can they actually be SO clueless as to not realize these things will be issues? …
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by dpc View Post
    I guess it's safe to assume that we'll be getting the units on or after the Dec 1st release date?
    I don't think it's safe to assume you'll get it on December 1st. It's safe to assume you will get it some undefined time after December 1st. For instance, I ordered on 11/22, first thing in the morning, and have yet to receive any email confirmation and, like everyone else here who tried apparently, when I call the automated tracking service, my order is not even in their computer. I suspect nobody's is. We are all "preorders."

    On the othe hand, I ordered some pen-styli from Palm about an hour ago, and within 30 minutes they sent me a confirmation email with a way of tracking it; it hasn't yet been shipped, or even charged as far as I can tell, but I did get an email which I take to mean that it is in stock. Maybe not. But we have not gotten even that far with our phones. I suspect a longer wait.
  4. Danitaz's Avatar
    Posts
    295 Posts
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    I don't think it's safe to assume you'll get it on December 1st. It's safe to assume you will get it some undefined time after December 1st. For instance, I ordered on 11/22, first thing in the morning, and have yet to receive any email confirmation and, like everyone else here who tried apparently, when I call the automated tracking service, my order is not even in their computer. I suspect nobody's is. We are all "preorders."
    Are you saying that you got NO email when you ordered your phone at all? I ordered on November 24 and I got one that says:

    ***********************************

    Dear Danita Zanre,
    Thank you for ordering from Palm Sales.

    This automated email is to confirm that we have received your order, which we are currently processing.

    Palm® Treo(TM) 680 smartphone orders may take an additional 1‑2 weeks to ship.Visit http://web.palm.com/support/special_shipping_msg.jhtml to get the latest shipping estimates.

    Your order number is xxxxxx‑xxxxxx.

    We'll email you again soon with the exact details and total cost of your order. Once your order has shipped, we'll email the shipping information to you as well.

    You can check the status of your order online at any time by visiting:

    http://web.palm.com/support/order_status.jhtml

    We hope you enjoy your purchase and invite you to visit our site again soon.

    =======================================
    QUESTIONS?
    =======================================
    Visit our web site at http://www.palm.com anytime or call the CustomerCare Center at (800) 881‑7256.

    Remember, you can always check your order status 24 hours a day at http://www.palm.com.

    Thanks again for ordering from Palm Sales!

    ****************************************

    Now, if you are saying that this is all you got, then I'm with you - however, if you are saying that you didn't even get this, I'd be a bit worried myself, especially since you say if you phone them they don't have a record of your order. But maybe you are just saying that this is all you have and you are awaiting a "shipping" notice.

    Danita
  5. #105  
    I ordered two PDAs in two transactions about 5 minutes apart, and only received the email for the second transaction. I called Palm, and they were able to give me the order number for the first one.
  6.    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by Danitaz View Post
    Are you saying that you got NO email when you ordered your phone at all? ...

    Now, if you are saying that this is all you got, then I'm with you - however, if you are saying that you didn't even get this, I'd be a bit worried myself, especially since you say if you phone them they don't have a record of your order. .. ...
    I'm saying no confirmation at all. It shows up when I go to the site, as every one else's does, Order Received. when I call the automated phone, it says no record. When I stay on the line, the doofus finds it and gives me the same response everyone else gets.

    I'll bet if you call the automated phone, yours also will not show up despite your email. But that's a suspicion.
  7. #107  
    Well..if they make me wait all this time and then send me an email come say Dec. 12 th with no phone then this is one guy who'll not be buying Palm...my bank will be holding that payment thank you!
  8. dpc
    dpc is offline
    dpc's Avatar
    Posts
    433 Posts
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by bruckwine View Post
    Well..if they make me wait all this time and then send me an email come say Dec. 12 th with no phone then this is one guy who'll not be buying Palm...my bank will be holding that payment thank you!
    Yeah, if it shipped that late i'd be extremely disappointed.
  9. #109  
    I ordered my treo using the educators discount (i work for a public school). and i checked my order status and it says that I am getting the music pack.

    maybe its because i added the treo to the shopping cart, then discovered that they had an educators discount. When i clicked on the discount it subtracted $50, but didn't delete the music pack, and it says Order Recieved on both treo and music pack.

    So i guess we'll see if you get it with the educators discount.
  10. #110  
    Well, all I can say is that I'm treating this shipping hiatus as a settling period. If they wait too long, I may wind up canceling it having decided I just really didn't need the 680 anyway. Frankly, it's in their best interest to ship when they can. I'm not really concerned when that is per se... just an interesting thought... especially considering the holiday shopping season, where I could be using those dollars on other people for now. The only real draw for me at this point is the trade-in value of my 650. And those of you who have registered for this may have noticed the following note toward the bottom of the trade-in confirmation email (which seems to trump the 30-day limit):

    "*If you are participating in the Palm Treo 680 trade-in promotion, you have until 12/18/06 to submit a quote and until 1/5/07 to ship your trade-in product. All other trade-in returns must be shipped within 30 days from receipt of your shipping label."
  11. #111  
    I just got an email from Palm stating that the Treo 680 for Cingular is "Now Shipping" I know that doesn't mean the unlocked version, but I think it is a step closer.........
  12. #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarrett5381 View Post
    I just got an email from Palm stating that the Treo 680 for Cingular is "Now Shipping" I know that doesn't mean the unlocked version, but I think it is a step closer.........
    haven't those been shipping since last week?!
  13. #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by bruckwine View Post
    haven't those been shipping since last week?!
    If you bought them through Cingular themselves, then yes, but I don't think palm.com has been shipping any 680's, not even Cingular ones.
  14. #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarrett5381 View Post
    I just got an email from Palm stating that the Treo 680 for Cingular is "Now Shipping" I know that doesn't mean the unlocked version, but I think it is a step closer.........
    that email says "now available".. NOT "now shipping"..

    big difference
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

    Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  15. #115  
    If you actually open the email and read it, The first two words in Big Orange letters say "Now Shipping"
  16. #116  
    The one I received today starts like this:
    Order now!
    Palm® Treo 680 GSM smartphone—


    Is your different?
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  17. #117  
    Yeah mine is different. Mine says "Now shipping—
    Palm® Treo™ 680 smartphone
    for Cingular Wireless"
  18. #118  
    what email are you guys talking about because the palm site still says 1-2 weeks for all treo 680 orders, even the cingular ones, contract and without contract are listed
  19. #119  
    The last time they updated that is November 22nd so today would be exactly one week from that date. The email I am referring to is the Treo newsletter sent weekly by Palm.
  20. #120  
    oh, i dont subscribe to that because i figured it would be full of solicitations, plus when I am not waiting for a product I dont care what Palm is doing because they dont make much if any software no more. For other stuff i use treonauts or treocentral
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions