Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    It is the Palm Plugged in:
    http://pluggedin.palm.com
    Fantastic, thanks. I just ordered it. I guess that with these orders, however, we won't have the option of sending back our old Treo 650 for a credit of $125. (I think I saw on the developer site that the developer discount can't be combined with other offers).

But I'll try it anyway. :-)
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by firefinder24 View Post
    After reading I decided to call also, I ordered mine on 11/21/06. The gentleman from the TREO store told me it will be shipped out tomorrow 11/28/06. He then said it should show shipped as of midnight tonight on their website. I'll LMAO if I get mine before all the people saying the Palm orders would be AFTER Cingular got theirs!!!!!
    Well, it already past midnight now... (at least here in Ohio). Mine still showing as "Order received". FYI, I put the order 3 hours after they list the item. How about you?
    Quote Originally Posted by tcc View Post
    Fantastic, thanks. I just ordered it. I guess that with these orders, however, we won't have the option of sending back our old Treo 650 for a credit of $125. (I think I saw on the developer site that the developer discount can't be combined with other offers).

But I'll try it anyway. :-)
    I don't see why it wouldn't work.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by olentz View Post
    Well, it already past midnight now... (at least here in Ohio). Mine still showing as "Order received". FYI, I put the order 3 hours after they list the item. How about you?
    Well - sounds as if Palm employees are about as consistent as Cingular employee's. I'm still holding out hope that it will show shipped in the morning when I get up - but yes I was holding onto the string it would show Shipped after 9:00 PST. I ordered it about 5 minutes after it was on the site....
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    The plugged in discount offers states it can't be used with other offers. however, the webiste allows you to order the treo 680 with the free music pack.

Has anyone sucessfully placed an order with the $100 discount, and the mobiel music pack and not gotten it canceled?

Thanks,

Thomas
    Quote Originally Posted by tomchan79 View Post
    The plugged in discount offers states it can't be used with other offers. however, the webiste allows you to order the treo 680 with the free music pack.

Has anyone sucessfully placed an order with the $100 discount, and the mobiel music pack and not gotten it canceled?

Thanks,

Thomas
    No go - I ordered w/ the plugged-in discount and, although they say you are buying the treo & music bundle, when the order finally goes through only the Treo is listed on the invoice. Be aware of this, because the site definately leads you to believe you are getting both.

So, I called the palm store and spoke with a supervisor, who was unable (or unwilling) to do anything to include the music bundle. I wasn't nasty to them either, just explained that it says you are buying the bundle, and not until the order is put through do you find out the music extras are not included.

Still a great price for the phone, though. Anyway, 1Gb SD cards are really cheap - Circuit City had them for $4 on Black Friday and other stores had them for $15 or so.
    WOW WOW WOW....the people at palm are a bunch of lame a$$e$$....They just have no clue what is going on. One guy told me he would tell me what he has told thousands of others, that the phone will go out in 1-2 weeks from order date...WOW....Another guy I spoke to before him told me my order was set to deliver the 8th of DEC...do they just tell people crap to get them off the phone???
    I just called a few minutes back and he said the unlocked phones will be shipped mid next week.

When I called two days back, the lady told me "We dont have your order"
    And we verified the order number twice.
    fyi, I had ordered it like seconds after it went live on palm.com.

haha. I guess it will come when its supposed to come.

My current phone is dying.. the keys are starting to pop out and stuff. Lets see what happens first, my phone dies or my treo gets in.
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net
    I think the moral of the story is that customer service reps for large companies, "Generally" do not know what is going on. I called Cingular today and according to them they will never be releasing the Treo 680. They have "Chosen not to support Palm products any longer."
  10.    #90  
    The electronic lady couldn't find mine either; the Palm guy (doofus?) told me, somewhat incomprehensibly, some sort of story that was a mixture of everything posted here. Bad management is what Palm means in...I'm not sure of the language. Probably whatever Doofus was speaking.
    Take a deep breath of quality customer service.... feel your lungs burn in agony...

The problem with most customer service staff is that they don't get paid diddly. They share only what they've been told, and often that's several dozen people removed from where the decision got made. And, no, asking for their supervisor just gets someone with a different colored hat. Sad, but true. Just be happy you don't have to ask them to repeat what they said 3 or 4 times. ;-)
    I think all Treo's should be shipped with Ed Colligan and Jeff Hawkin's phone numbers embedded in the contact list so all customers can call them directly... Then we could just sort this all out!
    LOL! That would be a riot. Mind you, it also wouldn't be very practical. What would be interesting is if they had public blogs so that they could have managed dialog with the unwashed masses. But, really... can they actually be SO clueless as to not realize these things will be issues? After all, we know that these devices were in the hands of beta testers for months beforehand... and probably in a smaller number of hands for longer than that. I think that they just buckled under the pressure of timeline and cost and simply let some of these things stand. Sure, tradeoffs are always part of the game... but maybe it would be nice if end-users had a say in what we thought was really important??
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I had a $50 coupon from my employer for the Treo Store, so I used that so I paid $349 for a Graphite 680 with the music kit thingy. Also have my cingular unlocked 650 ready to rock for the trade-in.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kunjan View Post
    I just called a few minutes back and he said the unlocked phones will be shipped mid next week.

When I called two days back, the lady told me "We dont have your order"
    And we verified the order number twice.
    The same happened with me, only it was with Juan. My order didn't exist. He advised me to "call back later, dude"
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    i just got off the phone with a customer rep (the automated system had no record) and he said i am in the system and the orders SHOULD be shipped on dec. 1. take it for what's it's worth.
    morris stalk
    What shipping company does Palm use? Correct me if I'm wrong, but if all orders get shipped out Friday, even with our overnight shipping, we won't receive our Treos in hand until the following Monday, right?
    I remember these same post back in February 2005. Funny how things never change. Let me see if I can dig up the post from back then.
    We are all dead, we just don't know it yet.
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thxac3 View Post
    I remember these same post back in February 2005. Funny how things never change. Let me see if I can dig up the post from back then.
    I know. I remember my Visor Deluxe was supposed to be a Christmas present from my girlfriend. I ended up getting it in February.

I can't remember a new Palm/Handspring product that shipped when they promised me it would. Still, I hold out hope that this one will come sooner than my Deluxe did.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjoec View Post

I can't remember a new Palm/Handspring product that shipped when they promised me it would.
    Not sure I understand. Are you saying someone "promised" you a ship date. Where are we seeing that?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast