Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 129
  1. #61  
    I see how that could be confusing.
  2. #62  
    One note... the education discount doesn't include the music pack and the SD card. You save $50 but lose this option (for those educators out there).
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarrett5381 View Post
    I see how that could be confusing.
    I didnt even know plugged in existed until now.. haha

    Basically this is my first actual Palm device. I have done some palm programming way back in the days of version 3.

    Well I signed up for plugged in. Nice stuff in there. I can play with the 680 sim until i get my actual one
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by bruckwine View Post
    Anyone could claim to be a developer...
    you dont have to prove you are a developer, just sign up as one. it on the palm site, but like someone said you have to be signed up for a couple of months to get the discount.

    i have been signed up for years. i signed up many years ago, just to get an sdk.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  5. #65  
    Arggghhhh. I called palm and talked to some guy about when the 680s where shipping. he said the FIRST WEEK IN DECEMBER. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO Oh wait. Dec 1st is a Friday.
  6. #66  
    I forgot I was already signed up. I called to see if they could apply the discount to my order. They said no, but we can cancel my order. Which they did. I then reordered with the coupon, my order number is about 350 orders later. I asked if there would be a change in shipping and he said no. So maybe no one really knows what is going on.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    you dont have to prove you are a developer, just sign up as one. it on the palm site, but like someone said you have to be signed up for a couple of months to get the discount.

    i have been signed up for years. i signed up many years ago, just to get an sdk.
    That's a BIG loophole! Don't they check developer employment history or something at least?? i.e. if you've ever developed before? i guess on the net it's hard but they might as well just give everyone that discount and limit ppl to one buy at that price a year and addit'l at regular price...
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by bruckwine View Post
    That's a BIG loophole! Don't they check developer employment history or something at least?? i.e. if you've ever developed before? i guess on the net it's hard but they might as well just give everyone that discount and limit ppl to one buy at that price a year and addit'l at regular price...
    If you are so upset about it, then go sign up and wait for 2 months to buy the treo 680. There problem solved.
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarrett5381 View Post
    If you are so upset about it, then go sign up and wait for 2 months to buy the treo 680. There problem solved.
    Actually i just did....not saying it should change but it's pretty surprising they never thought of how it could be abused.
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by bruckwine View Post
    Actually i just did....not saying it should change but it's pretty surprising they never thought of how it could be abused.
    This is Palm we are talking about here..............
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarrett5381 View Post
    This is Palm we are talking about here..............
    well i AM ne to Palm so I'm not familiar with their shall i say "slackness"? Good to know though thanks!
  12. #72  
    I know it is silly season, and that the palm reps are not the most useful/truthful, but I called up palm and somehow got connected to a different sounding rep. Instead of the usual foreign sounding (based on accent and connection) he seemed to be in a smaller area because it was completely quiet (i heard him yawn and move his chair) he said that everything started shipping on friday and when i asked him about my order number specifically he said it had shipped/shipping so in the next few days i should get it based on my shipping method. Heres hoping!!!

    BTW, any one know what carrier palm uses for shipping because i forget?
  13. owenbg's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    #73  
    They use fedex for overnight shipping. I talked to a rep last night, he said my 680 was shipping today or tuesday, and I would get an email to confirm this. I called again today twice, and the reps that answered said it was back to a 1-2 week wait!! arrghh..I just want a straight real answer..how frustrating!
  14. #74  
    oh well, i guess i can definitivley say shipping not shipped, as in not yet left the warehouse because i called fedex and did a reverse trace with no luck, better luck tommorow
    Last edited by elpom55; 11/27/2006 at 08:52 PM. Reason: grammaer
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by cccomputing View Post
    Will you be roaming in Toronto?
    No - strong Cingular signal in Boston.

    Didn't mean to "rub it in" - no hard feelings, I hope. I used the plugged in discount - signed up about a year ago when I saw that some people were getting the 650 at a discount, didn't use it (stayed w/ my 600) and just remembered it tonight.

    By the way, I've done minor development work (not Palm OS though), and have supported Palm since I started using the Palm Professional pda.

    Good luck to all of us - can't wait to hear about a shipment being received.
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    I forgot I was already signed up. I called to see if they could apply the discount to my order. They said no, but we can cancel my order. Which they did. I then reordered with the coupon, my order number is about 350 orders later. I asked if there would be a change in shipping and he said no. So maybe no one really knows what is going on.

    I ordered 11/22 and cancelled to get a $50 discount on a new order today. I was told it would "greatly effect" my shipping date. (Though it says ORDER RECEIVED just the same).
  17. allonon's Avatar
    Posts
    372 Posts
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    #77  
    Interesting that they say you can only order the Arctic, Crimson and Copper as an unlocked device now. Soldout on Graphite?
  18. r6girl's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by allonon View Post
    Interesting that they say you can only order the Arctic, Crimson and Copper as an unlocked device now. Soldout on Graphite?
    are you seeing that on palm.com? on the treo 680 page in small print below the description of the colors? they only mean that graphite is available on locked (cingular) and unlocked phones, and that arctic, crimson, and copper are only available on unlocked phones. when you click "buy now" you can still select graphite for an unlocked phone.
  19. #79  
    I've been a member of the Palm development site for a year. Where on the site do you order the Treo 680?

    I was logged in and looking around here: https://www.developerpavilion.com/pa...sp?page_id=152

    Thanks...
  20. #80  
    It is the Palm Plugged in:
    http://pluggedin.palm.com
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions