Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    cccomputing,

Hmm, that is depressing. I was going to order on Palm's site but maybe I will wait until they are actually in the stores. Very dissappointing!!
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Well I think cccomputing just got a goof. It might also depend on the color, sounds like the graphite might be available first. I ordered a 680 battery and extra stylus on Saturday (since they can be used for either the 680 or the 750) and it got an email it already shipped.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Sounds to me like he was reading the fine because he didnt know. I would not pay much attention...Just like the pre release of these phones, it has been kinda weird.
    After reading I decided to call also, I ordered mine on 11/21/06. The gentleman from the TREO store told me it will be shipped out tomorrow 11/28/06. He then said it should show shipped as of midnight tonight on their website. I'll LMAO if I get mine before all the people saying the Palm orders would be AFTER Cingular got theirs!!!!!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by daytontp View Post
    This thread is referring to Orders made through Palm.com.
    Well excuse the out of me! Didn't mean to intrude.
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by firefinder24 View Post
    After reading I decided to call also, I ordered mine on 11/21/06. The gentleman from the TREO store told me it will be shipped out tomorrow 11/28/06. He then said it should show shipped as of midnight tonight on their website. I'll LMAO if I get mine before all the people saying the Palm orders would be AFTER Cingular got theirs!!!!!
    Several people here who ordered the Cingular version got shipment notification a few days ago. They should have theirs today or tomorrow.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I ordered my unlocked 680 from Palm on 11/22 at around 8am pacific time. My status still says 'order received' so I just called Palm and spoke to some nimrod who said 'oh, the phone will ship in 1-2 weeks and you'll get an email when it does'. Great. Ridiculous. Why aren't these phones packed and ready to go?
    seems they are allowing Cingular to get a head start on sales and get ppl locked into plans etc..if they made the unlocked GSM available instantly they figure Cingular would lose sales?! Seems like marketing as the phones are obviously available as several ppl on here got theirs in the past week!
    If they were going to do that, I would of thought that Palm would not have taken orders on unlocked 680s for a few weeks. To have unlocked orders available and then just delay the shipping for Cingular locked sales makes no sense. I have a hard time believing they ship today or tomorrow just because good news is usually wrong when it comes to this Treo issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruckwine View Post
    Seems like marketing as the phones are obviously available as several ppl on here got theirs in the past week!
    I am not aware of anyone receiving a colored + unlocked phone ordered from Palm.com? Only Cingular phones from Cingular stores.

I ordered the Copper 680.
    Just thought I would add to the silly season...
    I also just called the 800-881 number for kicks, and the rep told me that it would take 1 to 2 weeks to ship (order date 11/22/06) because they had received a lot of orders and did not have enough to send out. That's why there is the 1 to 2 week window.
    Yeah I don't think it is because they haven't released them yet, because there are sellers on ebay claiming to have unlocked colored ones in stock and ready to ship. YMMV
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    One week from 11/21 is 11/28. So, even though I pre-ordered mine, I will not have it until over a week from 11/21 at 10pm.
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarrett5381 View Post
    Yeah I don't think it is because they haven't released them yet, because there are sellers on ebay claiming to have unlocked colored ones in stock and ready to ship. YMMV
    Simple explanation: They're lying.

I ordered about fifteen seconds after the "official" release was up on Palm's site, and I haven't gotten mine yet. Neither has anyone else who has ordered the unlocked.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daytontp View Post
    One week from 11/21 is 11/28. So, even though I pre-ordered mine, I will not have it until over a week from 11/21 at 10pm.
    That's why it says 1-2 weeks.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Palm just told me the shipping warehouse has got my invoice, and it will ship in the next 2 days....NOW I have SEEN THE UNLOCKED phones for SALE....IN PERSON....There is a PALM store in the airport where I work and they got them this morning...I do believe some retailers have them. They are charging more than $399.00 and since I got mine from Palm for 360.00 I will stick with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by skyking517 View Post
    Palm just told me the shipping warehouse has got my invoice, and it will ship in the next 2 days....NOW I have SEEN THE UNLOCKED phones for SALE....IN PERSON....There is a PALM store in the airport where I work and they got them this morning...I do believe some retailers have them. They are charging more than $399.00 and since I got mine from Palm for 360.00 I will stick with them.

360? you had a coupon right?
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    I just thought I'd chime in here witht he information I just received (for what it's worth.)

I ordered a 680 (Arctic) last night, and when reviewing my order, I noticed that it didn't have the free mobile music pack. Normally I don't really care, but hey, a free SD card is a free SD card

Anyways, I called the 800 number and spoke to a nice lady, who said that we would have to cancel the order and make a new one. No problem, but I asked if it would delay the shipping; according to her, it wouldn't, because all orders since last Wednesday were going out in one big lump. She neglected to tell me when, but it looks like we'll all get our orders at the same time.

Just to add, I got it for 349 + tax (stupid California ) via a link I found at slickdeals.net
    Quote Originally Posted by wolverinewizard View Post
    Just to add, I got it for 349 + tax (stupid California ) via a link I found at slickdeals.net
    Just so you know, you're taking advantage of the educator's discount which isn't so cool if you're not an educator.
    It's for my fiancee, who teaches 7th grade Language Arts.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast