1.    #1  
    i had to upgrade to the 700p (because after a short year my 650 went belly up) i am curious why ringo pro wont play very loud on the system. or is it a 700p problem. can anyone share there knowledge with this
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I am running Ringo Pro with my 700p and I am not having a problem. But on past occasions that I have had ringo problems I have done two things. 1. check you ringtone volume settings in the palm prefs (not ringo prefs). Ringo sometimes has mess with my settings. 2. Delete ringo and reinstall.

Good luck.
    Palm V to the Palm 505 to the Palm 515 to the Zire 71 to Treo 600 to the Treo 650 to the Treo 700 to the Treo 755 to the Treo 700w (30 days hated it) to the Treo 755p to the Blackberry World Edition (Hated it) to the PALM PRE!
    In my case, Ringo worked well on my Treo 650, but now on my 700p it don't work at all. Lightwav just f*cks my 700p up, I'm using mRing now...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I am using mp3Ringtone v1.2 on the 700p myself. Only $7, it works freakin' great. It requires Ptunes to be installed, but who does NOT have that installed anyway? As for volume issues, the 700p normally is very low. I registered the excellent "VolumeCare" to remedy that situation. It is very good that there are options like these to overcome standard phone limitations.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Second vote for VolumeCare
    Palm V to the Palm 505 to the Palm 515 to the Zire 71 to Treo 600 to the Treo 650 to the Treo 700 to the Treo 755 to the Treo 700w (30 days hated it) to the Treo 755p to the Blackberry World Edition (Hated it) to the PALM PRE!
    My Ringo works fine, but after the caller hangs up, the MP3 plays on for a few more seconds. I'm used to it now, but at first I always thought I had a second call coming in.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

7.    #7  
    thanks all,

i found out that i even though i downloaded from there website i did not have the latest download, i had to download and install from the phone, and now it works find.

if i have ringo pro working do you think volume care would still be a good addition
    Justin Letheby
    Keller Williams Fox Valley Realty
    www.homesaleeducator.com
    yes voulume care and ringo pro together is perfect
    I had lots of resets when I had a Treo 650 and Ringo Pro installed and once I deleted Ringo Pro the resets went away....so not blaming Ringo, but had long figured it might be the problem. So...does it seem stable with 700P?
    I have the P and am still having mutiple resets. Even with the update I have tried a few times because I like Ringo but having to hard reset after installing each time gets boring and time consuming.
    ya i dont understand
    4.45 Jun 8, 2006 Added support for the Palm Treo 700p

i have version 4.453 and still receiving intermittent resets on my treo 700p
    i use the program "crash pro" to find out the applications causing resets and it states ringo pro.... not sure why....manufactorer states that it is compatible.....

anyone else having trble with ringo resetting thier treo 700p?
    Last edited by italiangspot; 01/05/2007 at 07:46 AM.
    bump
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    ya i dont understand
    4.45 Jun 8, 2006 Added support for the Palm Treo 700p

i have version 4.453 and still receiving intermittent resets on my treo 700p
    i use the program "crash pro" to find out the applications causing resets and it states ringo pro.... not sure why....manufactorer states that it is compatible.....

anyone else having trble with ringo resetting thier treo 700p?
    The problem is that ring tone managers are hacks and hacks do not play well with the 700p because of the EVDO instructions. You can run any third party program you want as long as it does not modify the OS like hacks do. Delete your hacks and your resets will go away. Either that or email your hack writers and demand a version specifically written for the 700p that can deal with the EVDO interface.

My .02,
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    very interesting info
    treo nav select with yahm and fonthackV as well as fontsmoother as well as ringo, i guess are all hacks which are contributing to issues on my 700p
    Version 4.454 is already out.
    I THINK I generally understand what is meant by Hack, but can you educate on specifically what it means? I think you mean they don't play well with treo 700p...or are poorly written and kind of gum up the works. HOW can we know what is realiable vs what is a Hack...so we can avoid the hacks? I check the posts on this and other boards about what works well and what doesn't and even that while it gives some insights....seems really fuzzy. The only time I really feel pretty good about a program is when I see lots of people using it and few complaints, but that takes HOURS of searching these sights to get a comfort level, and then I wonder if a particular program might work well on it's own, but when it's on a treo with others...if they could in combination cause problems.

Any education you can provide is greatly appreciated.
    there is no list that states which programs 100% work well together, allot of times when u have multiple apps on treo they dont play together but when u have them on alone they work fine, its more like trial and error, experiment yourself, just get a backup program, nvbackup is a good free one...