1.    #1  
    All of my info is still on the treo 700p.
    Calendar syncs to Outlook 2003 but nothing else.

Can anyone offer a suggestion here?[/LIST]I've already spent 1 1/2 hours on tel with Microsoft.[/LIST]I've even tried a suggestion in another thread in this forum of loading a Palm/Outlook Utility.[/LIST]I've also performed a hard reset.

I recently moved all of my data to a new laptop. Used Windows OneCare for backup and restore. This is when sync problems developed. (I did a hard reset since.

TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  2.    #2  
    Well now none of the PIM data is syncing.
    Anyone have any suggestions?
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Verizon's wireless sync software can mess up your conduits. That is, you must select the option to sync with other conduits within VZW sync preferences, if you are running it. This "problem" fouled my synchronization for a day or two.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo View Post
    Verizon's wireless sync software can mess up your conduits. That is, you must select the option to sync with other conduits within VZW sync preferences, if you are running it. This "problem" fouled my synchronization for a day or two.
    Tks for the info pdxtreo. I do have the proper conduits selected. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled Palm software several times.

Tks
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    In the specific situation I described, conduits within Palm desktop have no impact on actuall synchronization. This is because VZW sync blocks other applications, including Palm desktop.

To reactivate Palm conduits, you must open wireless sync on your Treo to enable syncs with other apps by following this path:

Settings --> Connection --> Advanced --> Select Enable other sync apps

Just wanted to better clarify my original post.

Good luck!
  6.    #6  
    tks for the clarification pdxtreo. My next step is to contact Sprint Tech support. I'm sure they'll have no clue but that's my last resort.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    I'm posting from the P and missed the fact you are on Sprint. Oh well, maybe this info will help another T|C'er. I hope Sprint customer service is able to assist you.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I would try PocketMirror, it will force and install the Conduits to sync Outlook.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJoeM View Post
    I would try PocketMirror, it will force and install the Conduits to sync Outlook.
    2 1/2 hours on tel w/Sprint tech support last night-no success but I must say they gave it an honest go and got into the registry to delete files that hang around after uninstalling Palm software. They're calling back tonight with a higher level tech.

Tks for the suggestion.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Try db scan. This seems to resolve many synching issues due to corrupt records.

http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/dbscan.zip
    What does the Hotsync log say?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    What does the Hotsync log say?
    Tks - here you go:

AddIt - Installing Files No Files To Install
    AddIt - Updating Databases
    MyTreoSP - Processing Transactions No Transactions Detected
    MyTreoSP - Retrieving Files
    Stored MyTreoNewsSP-Content.pdb Version 9540
    MyTreoSP - Installing Files
    Installing File MyTreoNewsSP-Content.pdb Version 9540
    MyTreoSP - Updating Databases
    AdditSystem - Processing Transactions No Transactions Detected
    AdditSystem - Retrieving Files No Resources To Retrieve
    AdditSystem - Installing Files No Files To Install
    AdditSystem - Updating Databases
    Pushed C:\Program Files\Palm\PA\Addit\MyTreoNewsSP-Content.pdb to handheld
    Outlook Notes
    OLERR:09-0013
    OLERR:09-000F
    OLERR:0D-000C
    OLERR:0D-0004
    OLERR:0D-0001
    - HH overwrite Desktop Sync
    Outlook Notes synchronization failed

OLERR:15-0002
    OLERR:08-0001
    OK Media
    Outlook Calendar
    OLERR:05-0013
    OLERR:05-000F
    OLERR:05-001D
    Outlook Calendar synchronization failed

OLERR:06-0001
    Outlook Contacts
    - Do Nothing
    OK Outlook Contacts
    Outlook Tasks
    OLERR:10-0017
    OLERR:10-000F
    OLERR:10-0023
    Outlook Tasks synchronization failed

OLERR:0F-0001

TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  14.    #14  
    tks for the info and i'll take a look at it.
    BTW: I did use dbScan but still having same issues.
    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    I had this same OLE error issue. I called Sprint and explained the problem and asked about Pocket Mirror as an alternative. The rep said because I specifically asked, he gave me a $30 credit on my bill toward purchase. He said they don't just offer it, unless you ask. Try that and see what happens.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman View Post
    I had this same OLE error issue. I called Sprint and explained the problem and asked about Pocket Mirror as an alternative. The rep said because I specifically asked, he gave me a $30 credit on my bill toward purchase. He said they don't just offer it, unless you ask. Try that and see what happens.
    Tks for the info dwman. I'll ask about that tonight when they call me back.
    Tks
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
  17.    #17  
    OK folks, here's the scoop,

Sprint Level II tech called me back as promised.
    He ran me through several steps, like trying to sync to Outlook 2003 and palm Desktop, etc.
    He then directed me to a web site that ,through one of their passwords, allowed me to download PocketMirror standard edition.
    He then walked me through several settings that needed to be changed.
    After several tests, my Treo 700p was syncing to Outlook 2003.

Here's the bonus-they guy walked me through pairing up my Treo with my new BT enabled Laptop and now I'm syncing wirelessly through BT. The BT sync was fast.

Needless to say, I'm a happy camper.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Im having the same issue here...

I had to hard reset my 700p last night (got stuck in a loop when someone called me-- still don't know what happened) and everything syncs except Outlook 2003 data.

Was working perfectly before the hard reset though--even had bluetooth up and running.
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by starrwulfe View Post
    Im having the same issue here...

I had to hard reset my 700p last night (got stuck in a loop when someone called me-- still don't know what happened) and everything syncs except Outlook 2003 data.

Was working perfectly before the hard reset though--even had bluetooth up and running.
    starrwulfe,
    If you're not using pocketmirror, you can download a free trial and tried to use it for hotsyncing yourself.
    or
    You can try Sprint Tech Support, like I did. But keep in mind that my first call to them lasted 2 1/2 hours, the second call was about an hour. Knowing what I know now. I would suggest to them that you understand that pocketmirror has been a successful solution offered to others by their tech support but you need help.

Good Luck

edit Keep in mind that pocketmirror has not always been solution for everyone having issue. But it worked for me.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    My issue is similar to the thread title. My wife's 700P originally synced fine with Outlook 2003, but recently will only sync with the Tasks and Memo's modules.

When I look at the Custom HS options, it shows "Do Nothing" for Calendar and Contacts. If I choose to Synchronize, and to make it the default setting, I'll either get a HS error which sends a log to Microsoft, or it won't actually change the settings to sync with Calendar and/or Contacts, but will instead revert to the prior state of only syncing Outlook's Memo and Tasks modules.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Palm software. Also, tried to change my sync to sync with the Palm Desktop, but it wouldn't sync the Calendar or Contacts either.

I'll be trying pocketmirror tonight, but wondered if any of you Palm OS folks might know what the problem was. (I'm a Windows Mobile guy.)