1.    #1  
    I have been using 650 for a while and just ordered a 680. I have two spare 650 batteries - can I re-use them in 680? Anyone tried? Please advise... Thank you in advance...
    No, the 650 battery is double the thickness of the battery in the 680 and 750. No way can it fit.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    You can use it without the battery cover, hunchback style.
    Saw a review - mobilereview.com i think - said it works with duct tape but Palm said it could cause treo 680 explosion/overload....
    Working without a battery cover and using duct tape is not a solution.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    If the 650 battery could fit in the 680, I'm sure Palm would use that battery anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Working without a battery cover and using duct tape is not a solution.
    agreed! just thought he should know
    If there's a risk of explosion, I wouldn't do it!! Good thing is if you sell the 650, the spare batteries are a good selling point.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by stl08 View Post
    If the 650 battery could fit in the 680, I'm sure Palm would use that battery anyway.
    I think the main concern is " thin" but If palm said it would fry , I'd wait till some other brave lads test the waters . Wasn't there some kind of small portable charger pac on the scene a short while back?