Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    I didn't know whether to post this in the Bluetooth forums or here. The reason I chose here is because I do not have an issue with Bluetooth and my 650.
    I got my Treo 680 yesterday, and I paired it with my Sony Ericsson HBH-610a which has worked flawlessly with my 650, and is probably one of the best headsets out on the market.
    Problem I'm having is that after a while I have to keep re-pairing the headset with the Treo 680. When it works it works great, and it actually is a lot cleaner with better reception with the 680 then the 650. But when it doesn't work, it acts like it answers the phone but you cannot hear anything coming out of the headset, so you are forced to cancel headset and use the phone to speak to people. Anyone else have similar issues? Do I need to get a different headset altogether? I refuse to buy the Palm branded ones because the are terrible for sound quality and easily pickup wind/background noise, and I've not been a bit fan of Motorola.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmereos View Post
    I didn't know whether to post this in the Bluetooth forums or here. The reason I chose here is because I do not have an issue with Bluetooth and my 650.
    I got my Treo 680 yesterday, and I paired it with my Sony Ericsson HBH-610a which has worked flawlessly with my 650, and is probably one of the best headsets out on the market.
    Problem I'm having is that after a while I have to keep re-pairing the headset with the Treo 680. When it works it works great, and it actually is a lot cleaner with better reception with the 680 then the 650. But when it doesn't work, it acts like it answers the phone but you cannot hear anything coming out of the headset, so you are forced to cancel headset and use the phone to speak to people. Anyone else have similar issues? Do I need to get a different headset altogether? I refuse to buy the Palm branded ones because the are terrible for sound quality and easily pickup wind/background noise, and I've not been a bit fan of Motorola.
    I have been using the Treo Branded bluetooth headset since I got my 680 4 days ago and have not had any issues whatsoever. I nver had issue with it on the 650, but with the 680, I get a cleaner sound and faster answer/response.
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    As I stated in my post. I have tried the Treo branded headset with my 650. To be more specific I went through 3 of them and people on the other end were never pleased with the volume. I don't want this to be a Headset discussion, because I would have posted under the Bluetooth section, but has any one else had Bluetooth headset issues with the Treo 680? Is it possible I'm doing something wrong with the pairing? I may have to post a similar thread in the bluetooth section.

Quote Originally Posted by MattM2G View Post
    I have been using the Treo Branded bluetooth headset since I got my 680 4 days ago and have not had any issues whatsoever. I nver had issue with it on the 650, but with the 680, I get a cleaner sound and faster answer/response.
    Has anyone tested a bluetooth headeset and a GPS at the same time?
    Furthermore has anyone tested a Treo 680 with a BMW? Does it countinue to work?
    Quote Originally Posted by nnavas View Post
    I would like to know this as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmereos View Post
    Well, I have had a similar problem. I was in a noisy restaurant today and got a call on my new 680 (w/Plantronics Discovery 640 headset paired). I decided I would pick up less background noise without the headset, so I canceled the headset, but it kept pairing anyway once I had canceled the headset. One time later, it tried to pair, but then I heard nothing. I hope this isn't a repeating problem.
    I have some posts on the BMW in my thread here:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...6&postcount=19

Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I have had the exact same problem as you. I have a Jabra BT 800 headset, and I have had to frequently re-pair the headset to the 680. This has happened at least 3 times. Today, though, I did not have to pair the device again, as the 680 finally remembered the Jabra. Tomorrow could be different...

I'm hopeful the pairing is done!
    Got a Motorola H700. This des not work half as good as the normal older Motorola HS 850.
    I may invest in a treo headset
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    First post - got my 680 yesterday in the UK

first up no lags and no issues with its operation at all (have a sticky pixel at the very top on the screen but not a worry to me - can't see it 95% of the time).

Bluetooth -

I paired my moto h500 bt headset today - no problem and great sound quality - best I hav experienced with it using 3 different phones

Then I paired my tomtom ONE gps unit with it (to get gprs traffic info) - again no problem - had to set it up manually but it connected and downloaded data ok.

so far so good

then with the tomtom connected I tried to connect the moto got a message to the effect that 2 connections at the same time wasn't possible (it detected 2 but couldn't utilise 2 - in the past phones just don't acknowledge the 2 second connection) - then it crashed and restarted itself.

So I wouldn't bet on using any 2 bt items at the same time - although the fact it could see both gives me hope that they maybe able to do something in the future... my 40 mobile can cope with 2 connections at once not my 300 smart phone

So I'm back using my older mobile on a payg data tarrif in the car - no big deal.

Otherwise it's great setup email and was able to download and send within an hour or opening the box, can hotsync over bt as well, havene't unwrapped the manual - it's good to use something simple again after using WM2003 & 5 devices for the past 4 years - I guess the simpliticity has some costs when you want to stretch it though.