1.    #1  
    Hello everyone! I've been doing a lot of reading lately. I've had a Treo 650 for almost 2 years now and I just bought a Treo 700wx and TomTom Navigator 6.

For the Treo 650, I used a Cardo scala-500 Bluetooth headset, and in all honesty - I wasn't super happy with it. It was very flimsy on my ear and the sound wasn't very loud. So what are some of the best BT headsets you use for your Treo 700? I know some just plain don't work and after going through thread after thread it's impossible to gather a list.

Also, since I bought TomTom Navigator 6, I plan on getting a Bluetooth GPS unit. I've looked at Semsons and there are so many options that I just didn't get it. What are some of the best out there and why? Which one do you have and do you like it? What are your gripes?

Thanks!
    I don't have much personal experience with GPS, but I hear that the Holux 236 and 240 are good ones. Most GPS receivers with Sirf III chipsets in them should work well.
  3. c0w
    Check out the GlobalSat BT338. I've been using it for months and have not been disappointed. I've tried the TomTom 6 but was not really impressed. Check out iGuidance 3.0.

Devices: HTC Mogul, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, mpx200
    Accessories: Spectec SD Wifi card, Piel Frama case, Globalsat Bluetooth GPS Receiver, Socket Go WiFi! E300
    Quote Originally Posted by adster View Post
    Hello everyone! I've been doing a lot of reading lately. I've had a Treo 650 for almost 2 years now and I just bought a Treo 700wx and TomTom Navigator 6.

For the Treo 650, I used a Cardo scala-500 Bluetooth headset, and in all honesty - I wasn't super happy with it. It was very flimsy on my ear and the sound wasn't very loud. So what are some of the best BT headsets you use for your Treo 700? I know some just plain don't work and after going through thread after thread it's impossible to gather a list.

Also, since I bought TomTom Navigator 6, I plan on getting a Bluetooth GPS unit. I've looked at Semsons and there are so many options that I just didn't get it. What are some of the best out there and why? Which one do you have and do you like it? What are your gripes?

Thanks!

I have been happy with the Globalstat BT-359 receiver and iGuidance 3.01 software. You can purchase them as a bundle with a free non-powered (or upgrade to a powered) car mount kit at www.semsons.com
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    Do they have any GPS devices that are small enough to be placed inside your case with the 700xw? Small and flat..?
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspster View Post
    Do they have any GPS devices that are small enough to be placed inside your case with the 700xw? Small and flat..?
    Well, it sort of depends which case you have. For most cases specifically designed for your Treo, I'd say it wouldn't fit.

But, a larger more generic case might work.

As for units, I just got the On Course BT 359, which is the same (I think, except for branding) as the GlobalStat 359. (Got it from buygps.com.)

Good SirfII chip unit and small size. About the size of a large pack of Trident Gum.

I have iGuidance 3.01 on my 700Wx, and my wife uses TomTom 6 (and an iTrek M3 BT GPS) with her 700P.