Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1. iomatic's Avatar
    Posts
    629 Posts
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
       #1  
    I loved the Vaja case for the 650, though it was bulky. Now I'm considering a wallet-combination, since I always carry the two anyway, and one less thing to remember is always a good thing.

    Are there any 680-specific wallet cases along the lines of Vaja-quality around yet, that are not genericized versions of 650/700 cases? If so, where?

    Thanks.
  2. #2  
    I wonder if anyone is going to make a plastic holster w/belt clip for the 680/750. I see there are tons of them available for the 650 and 700, but none so far for the 680 and 750.
  3. #3  
    This is all I have seen so far off of the Palm.com site.

    http://www.palm.com/us/products/smar...ons.html#cases

    I just noticed these on their site, didn't see them earlier??

    http://web.palm.com/products/Categor...005&cat=390001
    Last edited by firefinder24; 11/25/2006 at 04:02 PM.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
  4. #4  
    I use a Bellagio case for my 650. It's all leather, open front, magnetic closure and plain back. It has full access to all functions. It was only about $20.

    I sent Bellagio an email asking if they were going to release a 680-specific model. No reply yet.
    Dennis G. Esler
  5. #5  
    It will probably be a few weeks until all the accessories are out for the 680
  6. #6  
    I wonder if Seidio's swivel holster for the 650 will fit the 680?
  7. #7  
    My T600 has been well protected since June 2004 with the original nylon slipcase that was included in the box.

    I wonder if the T680 ships with the same kind of slipcase?

    http://images.mpire.com/4336/everyda...ine/802939.gif
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan View Post
    My T600 has been well protected since June 2004 with the original nylon slipcase that was included in the box.

    I wonder if the T680 ships with the same kind of slipcase?

    http://images.mpire.com/4336/everyda...ine/802939.gif

    No case included at all with the 680 purchased through Cingular corporate retail locations.....
    Rewards Network

    Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

    Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

    Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
  9. #9  
    Thanks Matt... perhaps the 680 will fit in my old 600 slipcase?

    Do you still have the case for your old 600 and could see if the 680 fits in snugly enough to keep from falling out?
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan View Post
    Thanks Matt... perhaps the 680 will fit in my old 600 slipcase?

    Do you still have the case for your old 600 and could see if the 680 fits in snugly enough to keep from falling out?

    I have a couple of cases. One is like the one you pictured, and I will not use it because the phone will slip out when I bend over. I am getting a case that is a little more secure, and I am liking the belt cases that I can wear and sit and drive, etc. This is the one I am ordering from TC:

    http://www.palm.com/us/images/produc...ers/3256WW.jpg
    Rewards Network

    Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

    Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

    Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
  11. iomatic's Avatar
    Posts
    629 Posts
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
       #11  
    The only snag with those flip-cases is that while they're great for PDAs, they're not conducive to phones.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by iomatic View Post
    The only snag with those flip-cases is that while they're great for PDAs, they're not conducive to phones.
    Care to elaborate? I have not used one, so I would be interested to hear an opinion. I use a BT Headset while in the car, and most times it will auto-answer, so I do not need to touch the phone at all.
    Rewards Network

    Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

    Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

    Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
  13. iomatic's Avatar
    Posts
    629 Posts
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
       #13  
    Ah. Well, when one is not completely geeked-out with a BT headset, you usually answer calls with the phone to your ear. Hence, the cover flap is not very phone-friendly in that regard. YMMV, of course, but I prefer a zero-flip, screen protector-stuck-on-the-screen style case.

    I'd get the silicone skin, but they're such PITAses to get in and out of pockets, being so sticky.
  14. #14  
    Just noticed this....buy the side case and get free screen protectors.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by iomatic View Post
    Ah. Well, when one is not completely geeked-out with a BT headset, you usually answer calls with the phone to your ear. Hence, the cover flap is not very phone-friendly in that regard. YMMV, of course, but I prefer a zero-flip, screen protector-stuck-on-the-screen style case.

    I'd get the silicone skin, but they're such PITAses to get in and out of pockets, being so sticky.
    I agree, I used a silicone skin for a short time, and every time I puled the phone out of my pocket, the pocket, and everything else in it came out with the phone!!! I still use the phone itslef from time to time (less geeked out mode - not driving). The problem I see with Zero Flip with the 680 is;
    anything out there now will not be snug enough and the phone will slip out when you bend or lean over, unless you are talking about a total enclosure case that clips on the belt.
    Rewards Network

    Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

    Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

    Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE View Post
    Just noticed this....buy the side case and get free screen protectors.

    Quote Originally Posted by MattM2G View Post
    I have a couple of cases. One is like the one you pictured, and I will not use it because the phone will slip out when I bend over. I am getting a case that is a little more secure, and I am liking the belt cases that I can wear and sit and drive, etc. This is the one I am ordering from TC:

    http://www.palm.com/us/images/produc...ers/3256WW.jpg


    That leather side holster / case works very well with any Treo that has the specific Palm Flexi Skin on it.

    When I had my 700WX, it wore the 700 series Palm Flexi Skin and went into that pouch very nicely.

    I see Palm has also released Flexi Skins for the 680. One of the reasons the Flexi Skins are great compared to other skins is that they cover the keyboard as well.
    Last edited by IsLNdbOi; 11/25/2006 at 07:00 PM.
  17. kmorris's Avatar
    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by MattM2G View Post
    I have a couple of cases. One is like the one you pictured, and I will not use it because the phone will slip out when I bend over. I am getting a case that is a little more secure, and I am liking the belt cases that I can wear and sit and drive, etc. This is the one I am ordering from TC:

    http://www.palm.com/us/images/produc...ers/3256WW.jpg
    Great case! I used this one for a while when I had a 650. Sold it with the 650 but it looks like I may buy another for use with my 680. I also like the 'P6 Lateral Pouch Case' offered here on TC...pretty similar to the one pictured above.
  18. #18  
    I just saw a few Rubber cases on ebay that fit the 750v.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    I see Palm has also released Flexi Skins for the 680. One of the reasons the Flexi Skins are great compared to other skins is that they cover the keyboard as well.
    I purchased the 3 pack of Palm's Flexi cases for my 680. Unfortunately, there is a major design flaw IMHO. There is no cutout for the ear speaker! The skin completely covers the speaker and mutes the volume to an inaudible level. I had to resort to using an exacto knife and a pair of scissors to cut my own hole.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by kmorris View Post
    Great case! I used this one for a while when I had a 650. Sold it with the 650 but it looks like I may buy another for use with my 680. I also like the 'P6 Lateral Pouch Case' offered here on TC...pretty similar to the one pictured above.

    surprisingly that is one of more popular cases - along with the holster

    http://www.treocentralstore.com/stor.../large/154.jpg

    which is carried by the treocentral store!


    The only TREO VIDEO CAST on the internet!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions