1.    #1  
    Posting here instead of siftware section because I didn't have this issue with my 600.

I downloaded the .ogg and .wav plugins for pTunes but it still does recognize this files. Is there a subsequent step required before pocket tunes can utilize the plug-ins?
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Did you follow the directions that NormSoft has posted here? If you want, you can download the plug-ins directly to your Treo over-the-air from this page.

Alan G
  3.    #3  
    thanks for the assistance, Alan G. I downloaded the PRCs directly.

Once their installed, should PT recognize .wav and .ogg files on the card. Or, is it that you can now play them from a link?
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    thanks for the assistance, Alan G. I downloaded the PRCs directly.

Once their installed, should PT recognize .wav and .ogg files on the card. Or, is it that you can now play them from a link?
    My entire music collection is in OGG Vorbis format, and I use PT. It will play them right from the card just fine.

Alternately, TCPMP plays OGG's awesomely as well. I use that almost as much as PT, if not more. It's simplicity and quality are unmatched...especially for a freeware!
  5.    #5  
    I went with TCPMP for immediate resolution. Still perturbed with PTunes, though...
    Are you using ptunes deluxe?
    Don't think the plugins work without deluxe
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Yup, forgot to mention that. You will need the deluxe version to use OGG plugin support. The version that comes pre-installed on the phone just will not do. Alternately, you CAN use Aeroplayer to play your OGG files, as the player only needs registration if you want to play MP3 files. It is a great player as well.

Other than that, Ptunes is worth the deluxe purchase. I actually purchased this program way back before my Palm device was a Smartphone, and it is one of the best program purchases I had made. Great thing about purchasing Palm software is that you can keep using them...as long as you keep going with palm devices of course I have programs I registered WAY back in the Palm III days that still work today on my new 700p. That is definitely something the WM owners cannot say most of the time.
  8.    #8  
    Ah ha! I do not have PTunes deluxe on the 700P. I'll need to check my 600 to see what version I have, because it plays ogg and wav files.

I'll also look into aeroplayer.

Side issue: Is there a simple way of making another media player the default app for playback?
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    Ah ha! I do not have PTunes deluxe on the 700P. I'll need to check my 600 to see what version I have, because it plays ogg and wav files.

I'll also look into aeroplayer.

Side issue: Is there a simple way of making another media player the default app for playback?
    If you use Resco Explorer, there is an option in the prefs to change the default player....as long as the player is one of the supported players I believe Aeroplayer is on that list...