Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Checked a couple stores on the west side today, no dice. Anyone know of a Cingular store that's got the goods?
  2. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I was looking in the Diamond Bar area, where the 57 meets the 60 fwy. Called 3 stores. 2 said they don't know anything, the 3rd said mid-December.
    two company stores in south OC no stock..."maybe monday"
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    none yet
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    none yet
    Center city Philadelphia, 16th Street, had "2 or 3" according to the salesperson I spoke to.
    elbastardocalvo
    The pasadena store had zero in stock and they had no idea when they would be getting any. The rep said they though they were going to get them today...
    CSR at local store by my house had a huge shipment come in on Friday. I live in the Chicago area, so Cingular/Palm may be shipping according to Treo past sales.
    You never lived until you almost died!
    I checked two corporate stores...the one in glendale said not 'til next year...one on Wilshire and Western said they had it but sold out by the time I got there (around 8:00pm).
    TreoGreg,

I was on a mission today. I called stores all over Northern Ca, Las Vegas and for the hell of it even in NYC. NYC on Wall Street had 10 yesterday and sold all 10 within the hour. As for the other stores all over, no one has them. One of the Reps in my area insists that we will not see them until Dec. He is pretty tech savvy and knows a ton about the happenings of Cingular and that is what he told me. I am totally bummed.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLuce View Post
    I am totally bummed.
    As am I, but I placed an order with Palm. That way, if I do happen to locate a friggin 680, I'll cancel Palm's order.
    I went to two Cingular corporate stores in Brea and Fullerton. They said they will get their first shipment early Dec.
    I asked at the store near the Tustin Marketplace (they said they didn't have any) and another store in Irvine that said they only had a demo unit.
    Brandon
    Quote Originally Posted by stl08 View Post
    As am I, but I placed an order with Palm. That way, if I do happen to locate a friggin 680, I'll cancel Palm's order.
    What's the target ship date from Palm.. has anyone got one of these shipped (or received) yet? Is it different Cingy vs. unlocked?
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Tried the South bay stores - Torrance, Manhattan Beach, (Cingular stores and Frys), tried Sherman Oaks, Third St Promenade, Gardena and Redondo Beach. None of them received any 680s as of Saturday evening. All (except Sherman Oaks) expected the phones around Dec, 1. The Sherman Oaks guy thought they might come any day.

I also have hedged and ordered a unit from Palm.com.

That's all I have to report.
  15. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Ok, so i guess socal's kinda scru'd, funny that we're not that far south of Sunnyvale, but anyways... soooo anyone spot any demo units in southern california? haha, i sound so desperate, i just wanna see the sucker at this point.
    It's the same in Northern Ca, I have only seen the demo unit in one store. I am getting the same information, some time in Dec. Grrrrr....
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dpc View Post
    soooo anyone spot any demo units in southern california? haha, i sound so desperate, i just wanna see the sucker at this point.
    If it means that much to you, the Cing store in Stevenson Ranch (Santa Clarita) has a dummy...
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  18. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi View Post
    If it means that much to you, the Cing store in Stevenson Ranch (Santa Clarita) has a dummy...
    Haha thanks for the heads-up millerhifi, i should've been more specific and said a functional demo unit.
    Lol
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dpc View Post
    soooo anyone spot any demo units in southern california? haha, i sound so desperate, i just wanna see the sucker at this point.
    The Cingular store on Harvard and Main in Irvine said they have a demo unit.
    Brandon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast