Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    to ver 3.20.1635

New UI including a news ticker.

It is also free for 15 days (News Sports and Weather is free after that).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Yeah, my dad has a subscription to both Express and Handmark TV Guide. After the update in Express, his TV Guide kept asking for a password to be put in to Express. He is waiting for a response from Handmark as this seems to be a bug in the new version.
    The new Express has several bugs in my opinion: It will not mark all news as read when you select the menu - only does it in the sub category of the news, using the update button on the main screen is more often than not updating nothing or only pieces. I am also not sure what the Assist is for - are they expecting people to call them directly with problems?
    And last but not least - I was hoping they implemented by now a "flush" button to delete all the news etc. to regain some memory...
    Mine will only update sporadically? otherwise it just sits hanging on 'connecting to server' it's never done this before and with the EVDO speeds it's always been pretty quick, which was nice. Handmark is completely ignoring my support emails.
    Anyone else getting this issue. I'm getting perturbed.
    oh- I have had express since the treo 600. no issues. this is a sprint 700p - installed express 'over the air' then removed when the update issue happened first, reinstalled via download/sync.
    still no-go.
    erm, and I lost my old user name - that is why I only have 2 posts. This was my back up. bad me (go ahead and slap)
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    New version is pretty flaky on my 650 as well. Updates the channels about halfway,(sometimes) then stops.
    Installed the update over the wire on my Sprint T650. Everythyting seems to be operating normally, even when I update the channels.

Here's the catch: When I use the 411 feature, my Treo crashes halfway through the search and does a soft reset.
    Hmm, I found out that after deleting my Express Inbox (about 15 entries) all the updates are back to normal speed and all channels update now without a hitch ...
    Express Updated without even asking if I wanted it to. Now none of my paid for subscription channels will work and I get an error message stating that my subscription has expired. Yet, when I check the Handmark web page and my account there I am all paid up with express.
    How can this update without my permission and why does Handmark always release an update that falls short of expectations?
    Quote Originally Posted by ecmarco View Post
    Express Updated without even asking if I wanted it to...How can this update without my permission and why does Handmark always release an update that falls short of expectations?
    This happened to me as well and I'm not happy about it. I'm just glad the phone didn't try to ring when it was doing the update. Yes, there are lots of bugs in this latest update. I'm going to see if I can get a free six-month extension from Handmark for all these headaches.
    It is my understanding that Handmark is aware of this issue and a fix is available by visiting their support page at www.handmark.com/support. The direct URL to this fix is at http://tinyurl.com/yf8glr

Hope this helps…N
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole82 View Post
    It is my understanding that Handmark is aware of this issue and a fix is available by visiting their support page at www.handmark.com/support. The direct URL to this fix is at http://tinyurl.com/yf8glr

Hope this helps…N
    Welcome, Nicole! Thanks for sharing. Anybody try this fix/patch yet?
    Huh. I just read the link for http://tinyurl.com/yf8glr and apparantly there is no patch. You have to uinstall and re-install. What a joke. I'm doing nothing until they release a patch or a minor upgrade.

Incidentally, I got an in-box message from my Handmark Express account, dated today (12/5/06), that allows you do download the new version of Express (3.20). I find this message highly comical, as it looks like this message was the result of the beta testers' complaints regarding Handmark's "automatic upgrade" program.

(As of December 5), What really surprises me in all this mess is that Handmark used to be very good at NOT futzing things up. Are they now taking a page from the Iambic (Agendus) playbook--just get the product out there and deal with the fixes later?
    Last edited by KevMeister; 12/05/2006 at 10:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman View Post
    New version is pretty flaky on my 650 as well. Updates the channels about halfway,(sometimes) then stops.
    This happened for the first two days for me and has now stopped and it has been working perfectly for a week. (One thing I did do was to change my settings to 3 stories and summary and did an update -- then I went back to full stories and 10 and the updates started working properly. Go figure.)
    About this time last year--or in early January of this year--there was this super cool deal (forget which Website) that was offering a full year subscription to Express for the price of six months or something. Does anybody know of any deals this time around?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    About this time last year--or in early January of this year--there was this super cool deal (forget which Website) that was offering a full year subscription to Express for the price of six months or something. Does anybody know of any deals this time around?
    Bump.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Bump.
    It was Palmgear.com. Below is the original thread I started.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...handmark+50%25
  18.    #18  
    The only offer now will get you 3 months of service for free (after rebate).

http://store.palm.com/product/index....ductId=2544171
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Bump.

My Express subscription ended today. Anybody here know of any recent offers?
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    handmark express often hung whenever I tried doing stock updates as well. I emailed them about this but received nothing as far as support or feedback.

Now handmark receives nothing as far as my money.
    I gotta have more cowbell
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast