1.    #1  
    so before dinner yesterday, i noticed a family member with a treo 700p.
    i ask to see to it(i used to be a treo fan), it was nice, lots of new functions and heavy.
    i asked if it had EVDO and the reply was "yes", i decided to see which was faster, the treo 700p or my bb7130 both on verizon EVDO.
    the treo could not keep up, loaded up some different sites and stll the treo was way behind.
    anyone else ever been in a race?
    I don't think that's an apples-to-apples comparison since the browsers are different. Blazer on the Treo is notoriously slow. I think all your "race" proves is that Blazer is slower, but not necessarily that the Treo is slower overall or that it is slower on EVDO compared with the BB.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    ... Blazer on the Treo is notoriously slow. ...
    Makes me want to see if Xiino will work on the 700p. (It was significantly faster on my 600 and it would blow the pants off your friends phone since the site uses a proxy and sends reformatted images of a smaller size.) My recollection from past posts is that Xiino will work, but I won't recommend that on my own yet as I haven't tried installing it.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Does the BB reduce image quality more than Blazer? PIE on a 700wx would be a better comparison fot the BB.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  5. jbh
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    Makes me want to see if Xiino will work on the 700p. (It was significantly faster on my 600 and it would blow the pants off your friends phone since the site uses a proxy and sends reformatted images of a smaller size.) My recollection from past posts is that Xiino will work, but I won't recommend that on my own yet as I haven't tried installing it.
    Xiino works like a charm on my Sprint 700p; I hardly ever use Blazer anymore.
    John B Harris
    Ditto here. I only use blazer for about 5 sites that Xiino won't render properly. For the most part though, even Blazer is lightning fast on my Treo. I think Sprint put up a new tower by my house lately b/c my service has been a lot better lately.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    I tried xiino once,I thought it stunk.(Not comparing speed though). Blazer serves me well on VZW evdo in the NE
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Quote Originally Posted by jbh View Post
    Xiino works like a charm on my Sprint 700p; I hardly ever use Blazer anymore.

That is good to know. I almost forgot that I registered this browser quite some time ago, and still have it archived here on the HD Off to test...