1.    #1  
    How is the battery life compared to the 650? This may be my first post but I've been reading here for years and thanks to you all for the great information. Zoti, great antenna, got mine today and reception and fit is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The battery life is horrible. i am going from a 650 with the extended battery and the 680 is only lasting 1/2 as long.
    Smaller battery with the basically same innards = less battery time. The good thing is though you cannot overcharge the battery - it likes to be fed for brief periods through the day. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by ewhip View Post
    The battery life is horrible. i am going from a 650 with the extended battery and the 680 is only lasting 1/2 as long.
    I got my 680 on Tuesday night, and have been using it and charging it every night. at first it seemed as though it was only 1/2 of the 650, but now that the battery is settling in, it is more like 2/3rds the life of the 650. I always had a spare, so I have ordered an extra from Palm, and I think that I will ba able to manage with no issues until they come out with an extended battery.
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    The battery life is definitely a lot shorter compared to my extended battery. I am down to 30% of juice after about 6-8 hours of my "normal" use. I heard that Seidio will be selling an extended battery for the 680, hopefully soon.
    its not bad at all. Sure its less but still decent - I have Chatter online all day and its not too bad.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Once the bttery is settled in, you will see thimgs be about @ 2/3 of the normal 650 usage. Not bad considering the smaller battery and same processor. I do wonder if it can be refined better with a ROM/firmware update though
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.