1.    #1  
    I am traveling to Russia in a week, and I use Goodlink on a Treo 650 with Cingular service. Cingular tells me that the data features on my Treo should work in Moscow and some other places in Russia, but the cost is two cents per KB. I'm trying to get a sense of how expensive it would be to use Goodlink for e-mail while in Moscow, so I am trying to get a sense of data usage. I know that this depends on many factors such how many e-mails I get etc., but I'm curious to get some ballpark figures from anyone else out there who has (1) figured out about how many KB a day Goodlink takes for moderate corporate email use, say a few dozen emails a day and/or (2) actually used Goodlink on their Treo in other countries while traveling and can give me a sense of how expensive it was for them. Thanks.

-Jeff
    I use about 2mb/day--about $30/day. Sign up for the Blackberry unlimited int'l plan. Just be sure you use the Blackberry apn. I know this works on TMO--not sure about Cingular.
    why dont u buy prepaid SIM card and use edge instead of roaming?
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    why dont u buy prepaid SIM card and use edge instead of roaming?
    Do you have any suggestions of where to buy the sims and have you had experience with this before? I have users that travel in the UK and Israel and need email access.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    if you buy a new sim, then you will have to reprovision your treo whenever you put the new sim in
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Pre-paid SIM cards are generally an excellent way to ensure the user gets mobile phone system which works towards your budget.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjpeter View Post
    Pre-paid SIM cards are generally an excellent way to ensure the user gets mobile phone system which works towards your budget.
    I'm sure they made a decision sometime in the past 6 years since the last post.
    If you disagree with me, please keep it civil.
    Should I disagree with you, you shall hear Ezekiel 25:17