1.    #1  
    I am a current Cingular customer. I have a Nokia 6200. It has a Cingular 32K SIM. Will this work in the Treo 680. I was told that I would have to upgrade my SIM to 64.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    If the upgrading is FREE, go ahead. If it cost you a penny, DON'T. I'm using 32k SIM on it w/o any issue (so far.)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnyDuck88 View Post
    I am a current Cingular customer. I have a Nokia 6200. It has a Cingular 32K SIM. Will this work in the Treo 680. I was told that I would have to upgrade my SIM to 64.
    The 680 doesn't do UMTS, so there is no "need" for a 64k SIM. Cingular generally wants to get newer SIMs into customers' hands...this is particularly true for customers in California and Nevada who are still homed to what is now T-Mobile's network.

-SC
    "Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. There might be a law against it by that time." -/usr/games/fortune
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I have a Motorola phone that I bought on Cingular w/ in the last 6 months. I have a old 650 that I am going to trade in. So I will have a unlocked 680 from Palm.

So w/ that history, do I just take my SIM out of my Moto and switch it w/ the 680? Is it that simple??

And then in the future, If I want to switch to T-Moblie, I can just put the unlocked SIM in the 680?

Sorry if this seems silly, but I was a Verizon customer for years, and really don't understand the whole SIM thing.

I just bought the Unlocked, and want to know what to do.
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shucks View Post

So w/ that history, do I just take my SIM out of my Moto and switch it w/ the 680? Is it that simple??

And then in the future, If I want to switch to T-Moblie, I can just put the unlocked SIM in the 680?
    It's not the SIM that's unlocked, it's the phone thats unlocked. So yes you just take your SIM out of your old Moto and put it in your 680, and you are all set.
    If you decide to switch to T-Mobile, all you need to do is get a SIM from T-Mobile and you are all set; I think most companies charge 20 dollars for SIMs. When I travel to Europe I buy the SIM from the local country I'm visiting and just buy minutes and use it with my Unlocked Mobile phone.

It's that simple.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmereos View Post
    It's not the SIM that's unlocked, it's the phone thats unlocked. So yes you just take your SIM out of your old Moto and put it in your 680, and you are all set.
    If you decide to switch to T-Mobile, all you need to do is get a SIM from T-Mobile and you are all set; I think most companies charge 20 dollars for SIMs. When I travel to Europe I buy the SIM from the local country I'm visiting and just buy minutes and use it with my Unlocked Mobile phone.

It's that simple.
    Thank you for that feedback. Since I already bought the ARTIC 680, this gives me a piece of mind. Thanks again. This site rocks!!
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Hi everybody,

New user. Hopefully a good first question here:

I have a blackberry with an unlimited plan on Cing. It's 10.00 cheaper than the new treo unlimited plan. If I buy the unlocked 680, can I take my sim card out of the BB, slap it in the Palm and it will work without tweaking the palm because the account on the sim is BB?

Thanks for any help you can give!!
    Local Cingular office swapped in a 64 sim for both my Treo 600 and
    for my wife's Motorola V220. CSR said the issue was in roaming to
    ATT towers - didn't work well with the older Cingular 32 sim.
    Nokia 6340+(M100-> M130)->Treo600->Treo680