Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StrikerRJ View Post
    So, is the IR still underpowered, leading to a mediocre range, like the Treo 650, or did they improve the IR to "Tungsten" levels? Anyone?
    I'm using NR 3.5 and I can confirm that the 680's IR is every bit as underpowered as the 650 -- I get 6 foot range, maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by StrikerRJ View Post
    Is it only me or does VolumeCare, while working with no glitches in my Treo 680 (just as it did work in my Treo 650), does NOT seem to turn conversations louder? In my Treo 650 I could almost make people jump from their chair, in the Treo 680 I'm still unimpressed by the "volume boost" VolumeCare "gives" (or not?)
    found the same thing....not sure if anything is being boosted tbh! But then again I'm using v5.46 I think...
    Quote Originally Posted by badler View Post
    I just found this solution to get ClipPro (one of my most essential programs) working on the Treo 680: Lock ClipPro with Resco Locker. ClipPro then works a-okay.
    ClipPRO has been working great for me...I don't have Resco Locker.
    Working:

AnthaVPN
    QuickIM
    Wineguide (Wine Enthusiast version 2007, 2006 also works)
    Strategic Commander (Zindaware, but you must keep the keyboard ap turned off)

Not Working:

Road Sync
    TomTom6 (updated maps & launcher from TomTom5)

Notes

I am not getting the resets associated with extensive use of Versamail and Blazer, which I was getting with the 650 and my Lifedrive.
    Despite the pop up warning to the contrary when installing Keyguard + Time 5.1, I've found that this program works just fine on the 680. Talk about pessimistic! Well, what do ya want for nuttin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric5273 View Post
    Has anyone tried AOL 3.3?

Yes, AOL 3.3 works with the Treo 680.
    RealPlayer doesn't work on the 680. Everytime I tried to list my songs, RealPlayer froze, then my 680 rebooted. I was forced to convert all of my .RAX songs to .MP3. Listening to songs using PocketTunes is not as loud as it was with RealPlayer. When I try to increase the volume to the level the songs were in RP, the song becomes distorted.

Anyone else having this issue??
    Ok, I have reinstalled the latest versions of my most-used programs after doing a clean factory reset. But I did not go test every single other program after I installed each one.
    So far I have not had any frozen apps or crashes, but I have two weird bugs:
    1: phone button opens Palm's calendar app
    2: text messages are not coming through. I get an alert, but the messages never make it into the inbox. This is a big problem.

I read through this entire thread- didn't see anything glaringly obvious.

I've added-
    Bejeweled 2.47 (from the install CD)
    Agendus Premier 11.1 [i see ppl have been having issues w/ agendus. i haven't had any probs with the app itself, just the issues above.]
    Agendus Mail (comes with premier)
    docs to go (the version on the CD)
    Epocrates
    eReader
    google maps
    medcalc
    mp3 ringtone (it's not great, prob will delete it, didn't want to pay for ringo)
    nomad security suite (the latest backupbuddy bundle- includes backupbuddy/backupbuddyVFS/RemoveIt/Swordfish)
    Silverscreen 3.4.9
    solitare (from the cd)
    toccer

epocrates, silverscreen, and agendus are the big one I want to keep using. I could do without most of the others.
    Toccer seems ok, but if people recommend another AIM client I'm willing to give it a try.

I guess I will try deleting them one by one- is a soft reset after that enough to know if the problem is solved?

Thanks for your help!!
    works for me:
    -TideTool
    -BrainForest
    -ContactsPro
    -SplashId
    -SplashPhoto

and last but not least!
    -ShortCut5
    -FieldPlus
    SyncBack works fine on my device.

CardExport II needs to be locked or it crashes
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    Quote Originally Posted by holvoetn View Post
    CardExport II needs to be locked or it crashes
    I donwloaded the latest version and it works without problems.
    No need to do anything
    Quote Originally Posted by fasuin View Post
    No need to do anything
    I have the latest version: 2.25.977.
    And still I have to lock it or it crashes ... already submitted a report to Softick about this, no response yet.
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    Quote Originally Posted by holvoetn View Post
    I have the latest version: 2.25.977.
    And still I have to lock it or it crashes ... already submitted a report to Softick about this, no response yet.
    I am also running that version of Card Export II on my 680. It's been working fine without any locking via RescoLocker.
    Quote Originally Posted by usskaos1 View Post
    I am also running that version of Card Export II on my 680. It's been working fine without any locking via RescoLocker.
    Funny, I just has TWO crashes in a row with CE being locked. Removed the lock and it ran normal again.
    Now I am clueless ...
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    not sure if anyone has tried this app from Iambic
    I also have Agendus premier
    Ewallet, List Pro, Money by Ultrasoft, wine Guide,
    I have had random crashes driving me crazy.
    No need to do anything
    Well... I agree with you that there are some problems... When I installedit, it worked with no problem. But yesterday I tried it again, at it hanged forcing a reset of the t680 :-((

I guess (hope) a new version will come out soon correcting the little) incompatibility problem...
    Well... I agree with you that there are some problems... When I installedit, it worked with no problem. But yesterday I tried it again, at it hanged forcing a reset of the t680 :-((

I guess (hope) a new version will come out soon correcting the little) incompatibility problem...
    Lovely ! At least you confirm I am not going crazy (at least not on this part)
    Have you also submitted a bug report ? I advise to do so, it is the only way to bring this under their attention ...
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    Upon checking the earlier request I made on Softick's help pages, I saw this entry:

Id Date Author Status Action
    12076 2007-01-09 Illarion Stepochkin in work Delete Thread Request #12076
    Thank you for your request.
    Unfortunately Card Export has problems on some firmware/software 680 configurations. So our developers are working hard to fix these problems. I hope they will release new version with correct 680 support in nearest future.
    Sorry for inconveniences.
    So it is a confirmed issue.
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    LauncherX version 1.2.32 now supports the Treo 680.

Download Here

Jeff
    I tried the .32 version,, it seemed to work fine for a while, then I got random lockups and very slow response on switching screens, answering phone, etc. I removed it, and the delays/ crashes have greatly decreased.
    Tried putting Picsel Viewer Pro back on - it just causes a reset loop. After about 8 hard resets, I can say that is the only problem I have to report.
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast