Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    I've had my unlocked Treo 680 for one full week now. I had been running about 70 third party apps on my old Cingular 650. I wanted to re-install almost all of them onto my new 680, so I grouped them into small batches and loaded about 8-12 apps each day.

My success rate was much better than expected. The large majority of apps installed with no problems at all. A few apps initially had problems, but the developers were responsive and provided updates within days. Only 5 apps are still not working as of today.

These are my results so far (Application name and Version):

NOT Working -
    DataViewer 2.87
    Headset Control 1.08
    Seven Seas 2.3
    SharkNav unknown
    TrafficStat 4.1

Working -
    AckWire 3.0
    BackupBuddyVFS Professional 4.0.2
    Bdicty 5.9 Pro
    Bejeweled2 1.2
    Blocks 1.4
    Card Export II 2.25.977
    CleanUp 3.44
    CrashPro 2.26 Beta1
    Crosswords 4.1.4
    Currency 4.1
    Dataviz Tech Tool 9.000 (145)
    DateBk6 6.01,s3
    DayNotez 2.9.2
    Directory Assistant 3.26
    Documents to Go Premium Edition 9.000 (145)
    eReader 2.6.3
    FieldPlus 2.2.3
    FileZ 6.8.3
    Flight Status 1.05
    Google Maps 1.0.0
    GrxView 3.2.2
    HandyShopper 2.9c
    KB LightsOff 1.2.1
    KeyCaps600 0.9.1b1
    KeyLink 2.1.4
    KwikMaps 1.4.3
    Mahjong 5.6
    MemInfo 1.1
    Metro 5.4.6
    MinesFree 1.1
    mobileClock 3.9.02
    MobileDB 4.1.4
    mReset 1.01
    mSafe 4.0 Beta
    NoteIt 3.0
    PalmInternals 1.10.2
    PasswordsPlus 1.006 (71)
    Phone Technician 2.74
    Planisphere 4.52
    Prison 1.9.1
    Profiles 1.03t
    pTunes Deluxe 3.1.8
    Quick News 1.24
    Rally 1000 4.2
    Real World Blackjack 1.14
    Reset Doctor (formerly PrefDoctor) 1.5.4
    Reset Netlib 1.00
    RgrSwitch Basic 1.6
    Resco Locker 1.21
    Sea War 3.0
    SharkLinks 1.2
    SharkROM 1.01
    Snappermail Premier 2.3.5.02
    Sol Free 4.5
    TCPMP 0.72RC1
    Type Right 1.01b2
    Uninstall Manager 3.09
    VFSExchange 1.1.1
    Video Poker Deluxe 1.07
    Voice Dial (Treo Voice Dialing) 2.0.10
    WordPop! 1.1.2AW
    updated
    Last edited by sysadmin; 12/14/2006 at 09:56 AM. Reason: updated below
    Without having to do a ton of research, let me ask:

Has anyone had success with any program that interfaces with the Contacts app, yet was NOT specifically updated for the 680 (meaning it was written for the 650 and you are using it on your 680)?

For example, any program such as an email program that looks up email addresses in the Contacts app is what I am talking about. I'm trying to find out if there were any changes to this part of the Treo's OS with the Contacts app now being integrated into the phone App.
  4. sda
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric5273 View Post
    Without having to do a ton of research, let me ask:

Has anyone had success with any program that interfaces with the Contacts app, yet was NOT specifically updated for the 680 (meaning it was written for the 650 and you are using it on your 680)?

For example, any program such as an email program that looks up email addresses in the Contacts app is what I am talking about. I'm trying to find out if there were any changes to this part of the Treo's OS with the Contacts app now being integrated into the phone App.
    TakePHONE seems to work in this regard...the changes made I believe were to the cosmetics, i.e., the look is different but the function is the same.

Snappermail works just the same without any changes. I just moved it from the 650 to the 680 and it works.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric5273 View Post
    Actually, yes. I use the Intellisync SyncMail client that comes with the Intellisync Mobile Suite (a corporate sync solution available for GroupWise/Exchange/Notes) - it uses the address book to lookup email addresses, and there have been no issues.

Danita
    Quote Originally Posted by sda View Post
    TakePHONE seems to work in this regard...the changes made I believe were to the cosmetics, i.e., the look is different but the function is the same.

Snappermail works just the same without any changes. I just moved it from the 650 to the 680 and it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Danitaz View Post
    Actually, yes. I use the Intellisync SyncMail client that comes with the Intellisync Mobile Suite (a corporate sync solution available for GroupWise/Exchange/Notes) - it uses the address book to lookup email addresses, and there have been no issues.

Thanks. I've been trying to do some research on whether or not AOL 3.3 will work on the Treo 680. It was written for the 650. If I had the program I would just try it, but I have to pay $20 and purchase it first, and I would hate to waste $20 and then have it not work.

What I know so far is that there have been a couple of posts in this forum indicating that it works fine on the 700P. Since the 700P and 680 both use the same version of POS, then it should work fine. The only thing that worried me was the change to the Phone app with regard to the integration of the Contacts app -- this change was not present on the 700P. This is a concern because AOL 3.3 is not only an AIM client, but also an AOL email client, and it pulls email addresses from the Contacts app. But based on what you are telling me, that part of the program should work fine, so I should be ok.

I'll install it in the next day or so and report back.

Just a note: Since Verichat is no longer being sold, IM+ seems to be unreliable, and Toccer does not work well on the 700P or 680, AOL 3.3 could be a good solution for those who only use AIM.

While it only works for AOL accounts (and not AIM accounts), as of a couple of months ago AOL's entire full-blown service is now free, so anyone with an AIM account can convert to a full AOL account at no-cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    m.p., I also absolutely loved Lightwav on my 650 and am having a hard time doing without it. I tried Ringo Pro, which is just okay, but doesn't start the ringtone until after about 2 or 3 rings (the vibration starts much earlier than that). But the latest version of Lightwav (1.7.1) crashes my T680 every time. I've been in touch with Danny Wong, the developer of Lightwav and he's working on an upgrade for the 680. In the meantime, I found a very old version (1.2) of Lightwav in my PC and tried loading it (clean, after uninstalling the latest version) on my 680 and, unbelievably, it works! It doesn't have some of the bells & whistles of the later versions (such as the ability to set the position of the start of MP3 ringtones, decide how the picture will be displayed, etc.), but it does play MP3s, allow different ringtones for different phone numbers and displays a full-screen caller ID pic. I figure I can deal with missing some of the bells & whistles I had before by using this version until Danny Wong comes out with the 680-compatible version. If you'd like the zip file with the Lightwav Pro version 1.2 that I'm using to tide me over, please let me know.
    ChristieC, it would be great if you can email me the old version. I am trying out KoolSounds which is not that bad. Still does not work for Caller MP3. I am actually still using (on my T650) the very old but somehow better for me LightWav 3.2 (not the Pro version) which feels much responsive and better then the PRO version, but I am open to invest to the update if it works and has the same assigning option as the not PRO version.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the information. Mike
    Last edited by m.p.; 12/12/2006 at 10:56 AM.
    Any compatible apps to schedule radio on/off times? RadioControl, which is freeware, and TreoGaurd, which I own a license for, do not seem to be working. I need something that picks up where these two left off.
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz View Post
    Any compatible apps to schedule radio on/off times? RadioControl, which is freeware, and TreoGaurd, which I own a license for, do not seem to be working. I need something that picks up where these two left off.
    Phone Technician may fit your needs.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

I've tried, RadioControl doesn't work.... not sure about the rest

matt
    In addition to the updated list above, the following apps are working for me:

3D Hockey
    AOL 3.3
    Bowlng Deluxe
    CradleCare v.2.18
    Chess Deluxe
    Destaller
    LightWav 1.2 (waiting for update, using an old version that works assigning different MP3s to different phone numbers and/or all the numbers for a particular caller and full screen picture ID w/caller's phone number showing)
    Mundu IM 3
    SPG1
    ProfileCare will do all of this and much more. Version 3.19 is developed for hte Treo 680 and is available from this link: Download ProfileCare

Jeff
    I recently popped a 4GB card into my 680 (Patriot Extreme 133x) and it has no problem at all with it -- I can read and write the entire memory space.

However, when I boot up CardExport 2, it won't connect to my PC.

Anybody else try with a different card?
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
    I recently popped a 4GB card into my 680 (Patriot Extreme 133x) and it has no problem at all with it -- I can read and write the entire memory space.

However, when I boot up CardExport 2, it won't connect to my PC.

Anybody else try with a different card?
    Card Export II is working fine for me with a Transcend 150x 4GB card.
    updated below
    Last edited by sysadmin; 12/14/2006 at 09:55 AM. Reason: see new listing below
    Quote Originally Posted by sysadmin View Post
    680 Program List
    Updated 11:28 CST 12-13-2006 complied by sysadmin
    Would it be possible to edit the original post rather than repeating this long list after just 12 hours ?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    In addition to the updated list above, the following apps are working for me:

3D Hockey
    AOL 3.3
    Bowlng Deluxe
    CradleCare v.2.18
    Chess Deluxe
    Destaller
    LightWav 1.2 (waiting for update, using an old version that works assigning different MP3s to different phone numbers and/or all the numbers for a particular caller and full screen picture ID w/caller's phone number showing)
    Mundu IM 3
    SPG1
    Awsome! I was waiting to see if someone else would try AOL 3.3.
    my Tested Apps on T680
    1: Azeroth 1.5 and 2.0 (www.zargosoft.com) - exit via side button.
    2: The Quest 1.02x (www.redshift.hu)
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE View Post
    Would it be possible to edit the original post rather than repeating this long list after just 12 hours ?
    Sure.. if the system software will allow... Most of the systems I use, only allow edits for the first few hours... I'm open to suggestions.

If I can go back "forever" should I update the very first posting? Problem I see with that is I always scroll to the last page of a topic Ihave been reading, I would never see the edits...
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sysadmin View Post
    Sure.. if the system software will allow... Most of the systems I use, only allow edits for the first few hours... I'm open to suggestions.

If I can go back "forever" should I update the very first posting? Problem I see with that is I always scroll to the last page of a topic Ihave been reading, I would never see the edits...
    I vote that you keep doing it the way you are currently doing it. Probably easier for you, and I think it makes it simple for us to see when you make changes by seeing it as a new post.
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast