Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I am thinking of upgrading. Has anyone tried the GPS solution that worked on the Treo 650 - Tom Tom Navigator 5 - on their 680? I can't find any mention on the Palm web site.

Thanks,
    Richard.
  2. sda
    Quote Originally Posted by nickp View Post
    Anyone try SnapperMail yet ?
    Yes and it works fine for me...Version 2.3.4.01 is what I have installed--Premier Edition
  3. sda
    Quote Originally Posted by richardmlane View Post
    I am thinking of upgrading. Has anyone tried the GPS solution that worked on the Treo 650 - Tom Tom Navigator 5 - on their 680? I can't find any mention on the Palm web site.

Thanks,
    Richard.
    I've read it works but I haven't yet got mine up and running....need a new activation code after switching to a new device. Supposedly you can do two installs with Nav 5 so I must have done it twice by mistake on my 650. Now I have to submit a bunch of paperwork to verify my purchases (of software AND hardware) to get a new activation code.
  4. sda
    So far here's what seems to work on my 680:

4cast
    AddressXT
    Datebk6
    AmbTime
    AreaCodes
    Backgammon
    BackupBuddy VFS 3.4.1.2
    Bejeweled (I have an old version, 2.23)
    Callfilter version 1.3.2 Beta 1* (see below)
    CardKeeper
    CityID* (log is accurate but incoming calls lack City info)
    Diddlebug
    Directory Assist* (error when trying to dial a lookup)
    Epocrates
    FileCaddy
    FileZ
    Freedom (not thoroughly tested)
    High5 (a version of Yahtzee)
    KeyCaps600 (for the 650)
    Klondike
    MetrO
    MinutesPLUS
    PocketLingo
    powerOneFinance
    PowerRUN
    PocketTunes Deluxe
    ProfileCare* (see below)
    SnapperMail
    Suduko (Astra)
    Takephone* (see below)
    TomTom Navigator 5
    Vexed
    WorldMate
    VolumeCare v5.56

Update:
    CityID is being updated by Cequint for the 680

ProfileCare 3.18 and below has issues (version 3.19 seems to work...to be released by GoTreoSoftware soon)

Callfilter does not cause resets, but functionality is impaired...for example it does not seem to properly manage calls or utilize assigned MP3 ringtones. Links correctly with ProfileCare.

TakePhone works but has some minor issues (being addressed by Shimon). Look for Version 7.00 (003) or higher soon.
    Last edited by sda; 12/05/2006 at 12:03 PM. Reason: added TomTom software to list; updated CityID, Callfilter, TakePhone, ProfileCare, Directory Assistant
    Has anyone tried AOL 3.3?
    Quote Originally Posted by sda View Post
    I've read it works but I haven't yet got mine up and running....need a new activation code after switching to a new device. Supposedly you can do two installs with Nav 5 so I must have done it twice by mistake on my 650. Now I have to submit a bunch of paperwork to verify my purchases (of software AND hardware) to get a new activation code.
    Does the 680 have a built in GPS reciever?
  7. sda
    Quote Originally Posted by kryichek View Post
    Does the 680 have a built in GPS reciever?
    No it does not. The typical configuration uses a bluetooth GPS receiver of which there are several excellent ones on the market. The TomTom Navigator bundle (available from several retail and online outlets) includes a GPS receiver as part of the package.
    @ SDA:

With CityID, are you getting the locations with incoming calls?

I can access the log fine, but CityID is not adding the location to calls when they come in on my 680.

G
  9. sda
    Well..after contacting TomTom by telephone, they were kind enough to provide a new activation code over the phone after I provided my old product code and new (680 based) device code. Navigator 5 seems to work just fine.
    I only want to know if Callfilter and Profiles work... They should work together!
  11. sda
    Quote Originally Posted by manilenio View Post
    I only want to know if Callfilter and Profiles work... They should work together!
    Not yet...got a message from GoTreoSoftware regarding ProfileCare...they are now working on an update and it should be ready within a week or so. Callfilter seems to work standalone without issue. I'm in the same boat as you just trying to wait patiently.
  12. sda
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeP View Post
    @ SDA:

I can access the log fine, but CityID is not adding the location to calls when they come in on my 680.

G
    Hmmm....you're right--I hadn't noticed that! I'll have to be in touch with Cequint to see if they're going to be doing an update.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Does the following work?

Ringo
    VeriChat
    DopeWars
    Cardexport

Thanks
  14. sda
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeP View Post
    @ SDA:

G
    Got a message back from Cequint (wow that was quick!) saying that they're working on an update for the 680. It looks like we just have to wait...
    Not yet...got a message from GoTreoSoftware regarding ProfileCare...they are now working on an update and it should be ready within a week or so. Callfilter seems to work standalone without issue. I'm in the same boat as you just trying to wait patiently.
    No, I'm talking about Profiles by Milan. That's the only one I use with CallFilter ever since my 600, and now with my 650. Has anyone tried?
    Quote Originally Posted by nickp View Post
    Anyone try SnapperMail yet ?
    Any reason to stick with SnapperMail if the built-in VersaMail is so much better? (Besides backward compatibility with mail files, that is...) Or have I been reading too many reviews while waiting for Palm to ship my Crimson 680?
  17. tmt
    Quote Originally Posted by dbulante View Post
    It [KeyguardTime+] works after I "Proceed." I must have just panicked after seeing the warning.
    Excellent news, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by manilenio View Post
    No, I'm talking about Profiles by Milan. That's the only one I use with CallFilter ever since my 600, and now with my 650. Has anyone tried?
    Profiles should work in a couple of days. I just received a 680 :-) Milan
    Quote Originally Posted by milan View Post
    Profiles should work in a couple of days. I just received a 680 :-) Milan

You may download the latest beta (680 support) from http://www.kwik.cz/palm/treo/profiles/

Milan
    dont work for me:

Volume care
    Directory Assist - no 5 way nav support

All others seem ok that I have installed...too many to list
    Fred
    Cingular 680
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast