Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    So do you want to use the data on your Husband's profile along with yours, or do you want to over write the data on that phone with your data?
    Terry
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmair View Post
    So do you want to use the data on your Husband's profile along with yours, or do you want to over write the data on that phone with your data?
    Terry
    I want to over-write his data with my profile.

He hasn't used it in more than a year, and doesn't plan to. We only kept it as a backup and to use in Europe, since it's an unlocked quad-band phone. Mine was Sprint, and doesn't work abroad. I now have more use for it than he does, as I travel more, so it would make sense to "move in".
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    I want to over-write his data with my profile.

He hasn't used it in more than a year, and doesn't plan to. We only kept it as a backup and to use in Europe, since it's an unlocked quad-band phone. Mine was Sprint, and doesn't work abroad. I now have more use for it than he does, as I travel more, so it would make sense to "move in".
    If you do a hard reset of his Treo, then sync it to your computer it should ask you if you want to set up a new ID or use an existing one, and show you what choices you have, select yours and do a sync, it should install everything, with all contacts, and events.
    I hope this helps.
    Terry
    Thanks. I spent some time trying to do a hard reset, and couldn't remember how to do that. (And it was surprisingly hard to find on the internet.) Do you by any chance remember how to do that?
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    If it is like my 755p, I would imagine they work the same in this regard, you pull the battery, then when you put the battery back in you hold down the red power button, hold the button then put in the battery, when you let off of the button you should have a screen that asks if you want to delete all info, or something like that, at that point you push up on the 5 way.
    I hope this helps
    Terry
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Here are the instructions from the web:
    1) Remove the battery from your
    smartphone, and then reinsert it.
    2) When the Palm logo appears, press and
    hold Power/End until the black
    status bar at the bottom of the screen
    fills and disappears, and then release
    Power/End .
    3) When the Erase all data? prompt
    appears, press Up to confirm the
    hard reset.

When I have had to do a hard reset on my 755p I just held down on the power button as I inserted the battery then let go and it came up with the erase all data screen.

I hope this helps
    Terry
    What about Butler, treoguard 2day, 4cast, mRing and is there still a need for Volumecare? I don't have mine yet. i am hoping by the end of this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by sda View Post
    Well, I've been waiting for this type of thread to get started, so since it hasn't happened I thought I'd kick it off. I've seen a couple of random posts about software that does or does not work. Let's consolidate that info here...it'll make it easier on all of us. I don't yet have a 680...been searching the stores (Cingular and Palm) and also have an order online.

For the lucky ones out there with devices in hand, post your info here.

If we start getting some action here, maybe this can be made sticky.
    what application (.prc) you need, I'll look in my palm os library.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darma Yasa Bali View Post
    what application (.prc) you need, I'll look in my palm os library.
    Hi Darma, can you send met a link to your library? I just bought a Tungsten W and would like to load it up with apps. TIA!!!
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112