Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Where does one find battery.prc?
    Where does one find battery.prc? thanx
    Quote Originally Posted by usskaos1 View Post
    Phone Technician may fit your needs.
    Does this really work with the 680? Only the 600 and 650 are listed on the Iambic web site as being supported.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    PhoneTechnician is from Hobbyistsoftware, not Iambic.
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    And it does work on the 680...
    Quote Originally Posted by RawData View Post
    And it does work on the 680...
    Probably a left-over from looking at the wrong place
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I was killing a little time the other day perusing the Mac discussion boards. There's always a chance ( however slight ) that I might learn something. While delving into a thread about establishing bluetooth connections, I discovered a statement from Apple that identified the 680 and maybe one other phone, as being suitable for use as a wireless modem with the Intel Macs. That's a major compatibility issue in my universe.
    I have read that some people have managed to get Call Filter 1.3.2 Beta working with their Treo 680's. Anybody have a link to version 1.3.2 Beta? All I have is 1.3.1. I'd like to prod around as I cant seem to find another app that does as good a job as call filter did for me on my T 650. Never hung, and when you block n delete an sms it Keeps a full copy of it in it's log so it may be reviewed if required. Brilliant stuff for me..
    how about snappermail?
    Quote Originally Posted by jfscars48 View Post
    how about snappermail?
    Works perfect
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    Note that Mergic VPN works only in manual mode. i.e. it won't autosync you have to start it manually each time.
    Heads up regarding BackupBuddy (BBVFS Pro 4.3.0) on Treo 680 (unlocked PALM brand, Treo680-1.12-ROW firmware)

I was using this program without any problems for a long time on Treo 600 and Treo 650 but on Treo 680 it always fails when restoring Saved Preferences. In fact it fails consistently (forced soft reset) if I do the following:

1. Hard reset
    2. Full backup to SD
    3. Full restore from SD
    4. Consistent crash when it gets to restoring Saved Preferences (does not matter if BBVFS is run from ROM or from SD)

I contacted the developer (Blue Nomad) and below is the answer that I got. The explanation clearly is designed to cover up a major software flaw since I am able to restore the same Saved Preferences file using FileZ and I did explain that to them.

Sorry - not a reliable vendor in my opinion and I'm moving on to other backup software.

Pawel

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2008 9:51 PM
    To: xxxxxxx
    Subject: ReCase 202024) Fails to restore preferences

It looks like there isn't much we can do about this issue. If the file is locked during restore we can't replace it and that appears to be what is happening.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Bobby
    Blue Nomad Support
    support@bluenomad.com
    Move to NVBackup.
    It happens to be freeware
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    It is possible to replace the Bluetooth version of the 680 version of the treo 650?.

The version of the treo 650 administered 3 times more memory than the Treo 680 and returns much faster results. Also among the treo 650 (version bluetooth manager) and 680 actually I see no change. You can make the replacement?

Thanks for the help
    Hi folks, I just bought a new Palm Treo 680 off Ebay and wondering about the Planetarium astronomy software. Is it still available and is it still compatible with the 680?

Also, will the on board memory be enough to run the software plus other software?

One other question, unless this is on another thread - - can I multi-task with Docs to go word and the Blazer web browser?

Any help with any of these would be great!
    Quote Originally Posted by treo800want View Post
    Hi folks, I just bought a new Palm Treo 680 off Ebay and wondering about the Planetarium astronomy software. Is it still available and is it still compatible with the 680?

Also, will the on board memory be enough to run the software plus other software?

One other question, unless this is on another thread - - can I multi-task with Docs to go word and the Blazer web browser?

Any help with any of these would be great!
    I used Planetarium on the 680 for well over a year. Works very well. Don't know what you mean by your memory question. With a few specially engineered exceptions, you can't run multiple apps on PalmOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
    I used Planetarium on the 680 for well over a year. Works very well. Don't know what you mean by your memory question. With a few specially engineered exceptions, you can't run multiple apps on PalmOS.
    Thanks PatrickS!
    Quote Originally Posted by tmt View Post
    Can you describe the problem? As a new model, the setup will produce a warning, but if you touch "Proceed" it will allow you to enable it normally. If that's the issue, give this a try and tell me if it works? I will be preparing a new release without the warning, if so.
    Hi,
    I cannot find any more KeyGuardTime for download
    Is it still available ?

Thanks
    I caanot sync my handheld calander & contact data with my PC outlook & Palm Desktop
    Wow, old thread. If anyone is still synching Treo's, I have an old Treo with my husband's profile that I'd like to sync over to my profile, to use as a backup, but I can't remember how to do that. If anyone does remember, please let me know. I have the Palm software on my Mac, of course, but I also have the Missing Sync, which is mostly what I used.
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast