Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if the bluetooth issue is solved with the new bluetooth 1.2 available in the Treo 680?

I can not use my Treo 650, a bluetooth headset and the Tomtom GPS bluetooth at the same time. Further on, the car is bluetooth enabled and can not use it while the Tomtom GPS is on. (I am using the GPS bundle sold by Palm. )

Anyone kow if the new Treo 680 will solve my issue?
    I doubt it. One key issue with Palm OS is that it cannot handle multiple bluetooth connections simultaneously.

Since the 680 is simply an upgraded 650 with the same core PalmOS, there's no indication that this will change in with the 680
  3. sda
    Quote Originally Posted by BoeingPilot View Post
    I doubt it. One key issue with Palm OS is that it cannot handle multiple bluetooth connections simultaneously.

Since the 680 is simply an upgraded 650 with the same core PalmOS, there's no indication that this will change in with the 680
    I heard differently though it has not been confirmed. It was my understanding that bluetooth 1.2 would allow for simultaneous connections. Maybe someone that has a 680 could chime in....I am looking for the same functionality. BTW I also read somewhere that Navigator 6 does not work on the 680, only Nav 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by sda View Post
    I heard differently though it has not been confirmed. It was my understanding that bluetooth 1.2 would allow for simultaneous connections. Maybe someone that has a 680 could chime in....I am looking for the same functionality. BTW I also read somewhere that Navigator 6 does not work on the 680, only Nav 5.
    The 680 does support multiple Bluetooth connections. I have verified this by connecting Hands-free and SAG at the same time. However, I do not have Tom Tom, so I can't test how it will work with an existing Hands-free connection.
    The wise man breaks wind and is gone... - J. Tull
  5.    #5  
    Well.. I have the Naviagtor 6 which I would think it should work on the Treo 680.

Now my car is bluetooth enabled and I have a bluetooth headset. Dies it mean that get to choose which device I can use? or can use both?
    I've seen several reports that Navigator 6 does not work on the 680. You need Navigator 5, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    I've seen several reports that Navigator 6 does not work on the 680. You need Navigator 5, I think.
    You mean for once in my life, having the older technology (TomTom 5) will actually pay off!!! This is a first for me!!!!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Any updates on this? The Treo 680 review on mytreo.net claims that the 680 supports multiple connections, but I'd really like confirmation from a TC forum user with a serial device and an audio device connected simultaneously, like a GPS receiver and a headset.
  9.    #9  
    There are 2 separate issues to address with the Treo 680 Tomtom Navigator 6 GPS

a) does Navigator 6 work in the Treo 680
    b) does the GPS and the headset work simoultaneously via the new bluetooth

Any comments?

Tomtom?
    Palm?
    Quote Originally Posted by nnavas View Post
    There are 2 separate issues to address with the Treo 680 Tomtom Navigator 6 GPS

a) does Navigator 6 work in the Treo 680
    b) does the GPS and the headset work simoultaneously via the new bluetooth

Any comments?

Tomtom?
    Palm?
    Other threads have already discussed that TomTom 6 does not work with the 680 - only 5 works at this point. However, no one has confirmed 'b' above.

Conrad
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    What does 6 offer that 5 doesn't? The only thing I would desire would be speed improvements. I still have ver. 5, and lost my SD card (thanks, 650), so I haven't even known of an upgrade. Links, PM, etc. helpful; thanks.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Sure, but real-life, user experiences and recommendation from Treo users?

*Which is probably moot since it doesn't currently work with the 680 anyway.
  14.    #14  
    Anyone who has already a real experience with the Tomtom and navigator 6 and the treo 680?
  15.    #15  
    Any one? should I sell now my Treo on Ebay??
  16. sda
    Any one? should I sell now my Treo on Ebay??
    I spoke with TomTom support earlier today and they claim that Navigator 6 isn't shipping yet. Since no one claims to have it installed, I don't know what the real story is. In any case, it may be a while before an update comes for the 680 if in fact it doesn't work. TomTom seems notoriously slow about such things. I was going to upgrade as well--Nav 6 seems to have some nice new features (you can check them out on the TomTom website). I'll wait a while to see what happens--once enough people start clamoring for it maybe they'll offer an updated version that works on the 680. In fact, since the 680 is targeted at "new adopters" of smartphones it may offer some incentive for TomTom to act sooner rather than later. Let's hope so!
  17.    #17  
    Navigator 6, I bought it through Palm with the Palm GPS Navigator Smartphone 2. I bought it 2 months ago. http://web.palm.com/products/Product...0006&cat=40004. Please see attached link

Now, I would think that it should work since it is the same processor, etc but I do not have confirmation and I am waiting for 2 things

a) that the treo 680 Bluetooth works with different devices at the same time. That means that the bluetooth GPS works while I use the car bluetooth and/or the bluetooth headset
    b) that the Navigator 6 works on the Treo 680.
  18. sda
    Navigator 6, I bought it through Palm with the Palm GPS Navigator Smartphone 2. I bought it 2 months ago. http://web.palm.com/products/Product...0006&cat=40004. Please see attached link

Yeah I thought the "not shipping yet" comment was a bit odd. I suppose you've tried to get it working with no success? Or is it that you don't have your 680 yet?
  19.    #19  
    You are right. No 680 yet. Wife wants to give it to me for Xmas. I have been warned not to buy it "or else" by wife.

The current solution that I have is not practical because I use the bluetooth headset or the car bluetooth while driving and that is the moment when..... I am using the GPS. Now that is why I want to get the Treo 680 to fix the "multiple device" issue but now it seems from the rumours that the Navigator 6 does not work.

I hope that both issues are solved with the 680, if not, I will wait for the 750
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    TomTom currently won't install on the 680. I would think it is not a harware or feature issue, but rather that the TomTom software looks for specific deviceIDs to allow it to install, and the T680 came out after this software was released. I would expect an update from TomTom to allow it to work on the T680.

I have heard version 5 will run but I don't have that one to test the multiple bluetooth connection theory.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast