Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    unlocked 680
    when I try to access the application it locks up at Language selection and when I try to exit from there the phone re-boots.

if anyone has a way to make it work I would love to hear about it.

If my sim card is not in my old 650 will nav system still work or does it need to have sim card to access data somewhere online?
    TT6 doesnt work at all on the 680, yet...
  3.    #43  
    I got my 680. Tomtom 6 does not work!!

Now I called Tomtom and they changed their story from "it should work" to "that it is a Palm's mistake and that Plam should release an update"

I am frustrated with Tomtom.
    My 680 arrived at work this morning and I know that TomTom support will take forever to fix TomTom Navigator 6 so that it will recognise the 680 as a valid device so I did a tiny bit of hacking and have patched TomTom6 to work

I will post the relevant patch this evening when I get home, until then you can rest assured that your shiny Treo680 works as well as the Treo650 did.

Till later,
    Tom
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
    My 680 arrived at work this morning and I know that TomTom support will take forever to fix TomTom Navigator 6 so that it will recognise the 680 as a valid device so I did a tiny bit of hacking and have patched TomTom6 to work

I will post the relevant patch this evening when I get home, until then you can rest assured that your shiny Treo680 works as well as the Treo650 did.

Till later,
    Tom
    Great news
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
    ... I did a tiny bit of hacking and have patched TomTom6 to work

I will post the relevant patch this evening ...
    That's great! Now, I happen to live on a street that is only 15-20 years old (yes, 15-20 years) and of course that's too new to be reflected in TomTom's updated maps. Think you could fix that for me, too, so I can find my home on, say New Year's Eve?
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    That's great! Now, I happen to live on a street that is only 15-20 years old (yes, 15-20 years) and of course that's too new to be reflected in TomTom's updated maps. Think you could fix that for me, too, so I can find my home on, say New Year's Eve?
    You need GPS software to find the street where you live ?

Seriously though I sympathise, surely TomTom aren't getting the most up to date maps they could. They license MultiNet from Teleatlas who release quarterly map updates, but it seems it's a lot of work for TomTom to send out updates to the maps more often than once a year, I guess it's a cost thing

Teleatlas state that MultiNet allows :
    Error Reporting
    Our online reporting tool invites you to notify us of any on-the-ground changes found in the real-life situation when compared to the MultiNet database. You will be able to track the current status of the problem you reported, so that you can also inform your customers when the necessary changes will be incorporated in MultiNet.
    So you can assume that if you complained to TomTom they should be able to feed that back into MultiNet to fix it. Maybe armed with this knowledge you can put a better argument to their support staff ?
    Last edited by tomtastic; 12/14/2006 at 12:14 PM.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I have a Socket Bluetooth GPS, Parrot Car Kit, Treo 680 and a partridge... in a pear tree! (Sorry, I had to go there, 'tis the season!) I'll try connecting everything at once and see what happens. Will post results here when I get a chance!
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Fix posted in seperate thread .

Enjoy!
    So let me get this straight. You fixed this in a day or so, and TomTom couldn't be bothered, saying it was Palm's problem?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123