Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. sda
    Quote Originally Posted by juancuero View Post
    I have heard version 5 will run but I don't have that one to test the multiple bluetooth connection theory.
    I just performed a rudimentary test of Navigator 5 with a bluetooth GPS receiver and a bluetooth headset. It appears that I cannot maintain my Nav connection while simultaneously receiving a call on the bluetooth headset. This is a bit of an awkward test since I'm indoors trying to call myself on the landline while standing near the window to see if the bluetooth is actually working. It may not sound like a challenge, but trust me.....

Though I was able to receive the phone call via bluetooth on the headset, I lost the connection in Navigator 5. I will try this soon in the real world but for now it appears that once the call is completed, you'll have to relaunch Navigator 5 to resume your gps navigation.

Now we just have to wait for Navigator 6 to come online to see if it helps the situation any. I'll post updates if I learn more in the coming days.
    I don't think Navigator 6 was designed to address this problem at all, so it is doubtful that it will fix it.
    Ok, here's my take. Yes, it CAN handle multiple bluetooth connections however the Palm OS can only handle one app at a time. I had the same problem as sda stated in his post; once I picked up a phone call it went to the phone app and closed Tomtom. I had to relaunch Tomtom to go back to navigation.

However, if I'm already on a call via my bluetooth headset and start up Tomtom; then yes. It will stay connected to the bluetooth headset and connect to the bluetooth GPS receiver. But it once that conversation is over and another person calls, back to the dilemma of switching apps and relaunching Tomtom.

Oh almost forgot, I cannot get Tomtom 6 to work on my 680. Works on my friends T/X and 700p but not on my 680 Good thing I have Tomtom 5
    I just took a working TomTom 6 setup from my Unlocked 650 to a Cingular 680.

The first time I ran it it ask me what language I wanted to use, then it said "This device is not compatible with TomTom". All you can do is click "OK" and the 680 Reboots

I have not had a chance to try TomTom 5 yet... I will try that on my Unlocked 680 if it ever shows up.
  5. sda
    Quote Originally Posted by Milo Bloom View Post
    I have not had a chance to try TomTom 5 yet... I will try that on my Unlocked 680 if it ever shows up.
    TomTom 5 works on the 680.
  6.    #26  
    I will delay my Treo 680 purchase until TomTom releases the patch.
    Well I'm, going to work today and we have tom tom 5 & 6 at SFO so I will try them. This experiment will help me out too. I will post my results later on today
    Anyone know where I can purchase Version 5 maps for the US as TomToms website is only sellling version 6 maps.Thanks
  9. sda
    Quote Originally Posted by theeaglehasland View Post
    Anyone know where I can purchase Version 5 maps for the US as TomToms website is only sellling version 6 maps.Thanks
    I am sure there are other places but you can certainly find the software at Semsons & Co. (www.semsons.com). You can find the software at this link: http://www.semsons.com/gpsacsof.html. Semson's prices are generally good and their bundles are really competitive...it's where I orginally bought my Nav 5 bundle. I think the Nav 6 bundle is under $200.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Treo View Post
    Well I'm, going to work today and we have tom tom 5 & 6 at SFO so I will try them. This experiment will help me out too. I will post my results later on today
    Results are in Nav 5 yes Nav 6 no on 680. I hope they do come up with an update soon. I can't see them coming out with a whole new Nav 7 just for the 680.
    Thanks but Semsons are showing Sold Out any other suggestions?
  12. sda
    Quote Originally Posted by theeaglehasland View Post
    Thanks but Semsons are showing Sold Out any other suggestions?
    Check out TomTom's website for possible locations. You can go to the link below to check out both online and brick and mortar locations:

http://www.tomtom.com/stores/index.p...d4lc1g8fnjn7f7

FYI, Tiger GPS (http://www.tigergps.com/tonagpssoonb.html) seems to have the software in stock.
    Last edited by sda; 12/05/2006 at 09:25 AM.
  13.    #33  
    I spoke with Tomtom and the representative was quite puzzled that Tomtom 6 would not work on the Treo 680. She insisted that it should work. Any updates on people installing the Tomtom6 on the Treo 680?
    Quote Originally Posted by nnavas View Post
    I spoke with Tomtom and the representative was quite puzzled that Tomtom 6 would not work on the Treo 680. She insisted that it should work. Any updates on people installing the Tomtom6 on the Treo 680?
    Well this will add to the mystery - the treocentral store is claiming it IS compatible with the 680? In fact they have a page titled "TomTom GPS Navigator 6 (Software) for Treo 680"
    http://store.treocentral.com/content...0-69--1551.htm

The plot thickens - I will be the first to purchase the software once I hear from someone actually running it.
    I've just get my tomtom navigater 6, ordered at tomom homepage. I'm using it with my Treo 650, without any problems. I get the original tomtom gps receiver (bluetooth) and it works good. The only thing is it seems to be very slowly. Means the tracking of my position is slowly. Perhaps that's a problem of bluetooth?
  16.    #36  
    I received a voicemail from a Tomtom support person. Quote on quote: "It should work, ... however it is a new phone... and we have been testing it.. and it works... however we are working on somir issues.. but once again it should work...." The message is still saved in my cell phone. I will try to transfer it.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Should work is very different from does work
  18.    #38  
    Agreed

please anyone else with tomtom 6 and treo 680??
    TTN6 does not work on Treo 680. I am guessing the software has a list of devices it is allowed to work on and 680 is not on that list yet. TT must probably release a patch to make it work.
    TomTom told me that it is Palm's problem and that they will not release a patch, but rather they are waiting for Palm to fix.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast