1.    #1  
    I waited in line at the local Cingular store just to find out they still do not have any. I am in the Northern Ca. I have hit up 5 local Cingular locations here and they are still waiting for deliveries.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
  2. sda
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLuce View Post
    I waited in line at the local Cingular store just to find out they still do not have any. I am in the Northern Ca. I have hit up 5 local Cingular locations here and they are still waiting for deliveries.
    Wait until this afternoon...the store I visited on Market Street (near the old Pine Street store) said their shipments don't arrive until around 3pm. Maybe you'll get lucky. FWIW the Palm Store at SF Centre said they won't have any for a week. I don't think any of these stores really know when to expect the phone...they'll just show up in their deliveries at some point one of these days soon (hopefully).
    Last edited by sda; 11/24/2006 at 02:08 PM.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    This is unbelievable, but I've been at the Cingular Store in Rockville, MD, and their system has been down, and they can't sell anything. They claim it's a nationwide issue . But they do have the phone.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I agree...totally ridiculous. I'm in the 4th largest city in the country (Houston) and have tried 3 separate Cingular stores in a pretty upscale area...none know when they're getting the 680!

I really just wanted to hold the phone and be able to power it on for the feel of it - ordered one unlocked from PALM on Wednesday.

I just can't understand how PALM and Cingular can put out a 'release' yet the retail stores have no idea when they'll even get the phone! Crazy.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    A lot of stores have them, but they don't know they do. I called most of the stores where I'm visiting, and I had to press them to tell them to check the back. Fortunately there aren't a lot of Geeks in this area and nobody is asking for the phone, so if the stores have them, I don't think they will sell out as fast as you think.

Good luck.
  6.    #6  
    What really pisses me off is that we are going to miss the buy 1 get 1 free sale. They gave me a card that extends it until the weekend BUT they don't think the phone will even come in. How can you release a phone and know that today is the BIGGEST shopping day of the year and not care. I just dont understand it......
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    I have a sneaky feeling Cingular doesn't want to offer the good phones at buy one, get one free. But then Cingular's practices sometimes make me cynical.

Did anyone get the 8525 or Blackjack at buy one, get one free? Then I'd know the offer was for ALL phones, even the good ones.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I was in the cingular store in frederick md on urbana pike and they had a couple for sale
    OPTIMOGREEN
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    I went to Cingular today to check out the 680 (which they didn't have) and the rep tried to sell me on the Blackjack and the 8525 using the "buy one get one free" sales pitch, so I'm pretty sure they're honoring this promotion on smartphones as well
    OK, then I owe Cingular an apology. That's good to know!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  11.    #11  
    Phone Diva,

I felt the same way and I think that is what they are doing here in Cali. They did not have either 8525 or 680 so I was getting the same feeling as you. I bet you as soon as the weekend is over, I will see them in the store.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com